Talk Photography on tour.....Majorca!!!

A snap from the final day.....photographing the photographers at work :D

Photographers at work by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

This was on the Jetty about 600 yards from our hotel.....

I have to say, and not because I'm in it and despite the dodgy legs ;) I think this is one of the best photographs of the meet. I has a voyeur watching the voyeur feel to it.

Like it.

I've given up on trying to edit the full climb.....I'll just put the last couple of minutes on. It's now uploading to YouTube so should be on here later today.

Here's the video of the last few steps of doom from the 365 steps on Calle de Calvari in Pollenca.

I was absolutely knackered when I got to the top.....definitely worth it for the views though. Apologies for the slightly wonky camera!

There *might* be a swear word or two in there somewhere, just as a NSFW warning!

View: https://youtu.be/qZBjdEv7SRM

Good thread guys, I'm heading there (Sa Coma) in the summer with the family and some friends. Not really sure if I'll be able to get around much for photography much though, especially as it'll be super early sunrises by then

Looks like a place to keep fit!

I take it Majorca is recommended then?
Well worth a trip in my opinion, loads to see if that's what you like :)

Good thread guys, I'm heading there (Sa Coma) in the summer with the family and some friends. Not really sure if I'll be able to get around much for photography much though, especially as it'll be super early sunrises by then
Ahhhh I think one sunrise should be put in your calendar, plenty of the day left to catch up relaxing somewhere :D

plenty to see and be able to escape from people!

We got lucky with the weather for this time of year (can be a bit rainy before April), but if you want to escape from people it's a good idea to go outside the main tourist season, before easter, or later than mid September. The resort we stayed in was a ghost town with hardly any shops/bars open. The airport was deserted both ways and the rural roads were almost empty, apart from the road cyclist tours.

Majorca has its Magaluf's, but there's so much more to the island than 2 for 1's and nightclubs. Loads of history to discover and the mountains that run along the north edge of the island are amazing.

I have just been chatting to my sister who was out in Majorca last week. She was saying how good the weather was and commented about seeing a group of "serious photographers with all the gear" at the Lluc monastery last Monday lunch time.

I wonder who that could of been?

I have just been chatting to my sister who was out in Majorca last week. She was saying how good the weather was and commented about seeing a group of "serious photographers with all the gear" at the Lluc monastery last Monday lunch time.

I wonder who that could of been?

That would've been us! We were there for a good few hours on Monday before and after lunchtime. There's a chance one of the group might even have her in the background on one or two shots....:)

I should have had a couple of photos to share from Lluc, but I've been scratching my head trying to edit a video for most of today. I think @Dark Knight shared one from there earlier in this thread.

I did think it may of been yourselves, I have passed on a link to this thread to check but the description of 3 guys and a blonde lady seemed to fit.

Back