The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

A bit of praise for our local council. In the local park they have set a small area aside for wild flowers, and the Poppies are looking really good right now....

That 90mm is a stunner of a lens.....

Poppies by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Lovely (y)

A bit of praise for our local council. In the local park they have set a small area aside for wild flowers, and the Poppies are looking really good right now....

The XF90mm is my favourite lens and imo it`s in a class of it`s own. Great shot too.

As I mentioned in the XH1 thread, there's a few random deals on MPB atm, there's a 90mm with £55 off the usual price and a 56 1.2 on there with £175 off! Grabbed the best one earlier myself on the 16-55, 225 off the usual price for one in excellent condition.

Went for a wander yesterday....

London-2-17June by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Really nice Paul

Love it Steve

One of my twins yawning, "bored with the pictures now, Dad"

Love the expression Nick

Hi Guys,

Anyone tried either the 7 Artisans 60mm Macro or the Samyang 100mm Macro.

Interested to hear your views.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Anyone tried either the 7 Artisans 60mm Macro or the Samyang 100mm Macro.

Interested to hear your views.

Cheers
I just bought the samyang 100mm, yesterday, happy with quality of the lens, not really put it through its paces yet. Sharp images.

Probably an odd one this, but here goes, I wear glasses and never get on with the rubber eyepiece like the one on my X-T2 so was wondering if one from an X-T20 would fit as that's the kind I had on my D4 and D500 and that worked better for me, the reason I ask is because I will be swapping to an X-T3 very shortly and will get the eyepiece for the X-T30 if they are interchangeable, the one I mean is the round one.

Last edited:
Probably an odd one this, but here goes, I wear glasses and never get on with the rubber eyepiece like the one on my X-T2 so was wondering if one from an X-T20 would fit as that's the kind I had on my D4 and D500 and that worked better for me, the reason I ask is because I will be swapping to an X-T3 very shortly and will get the eyepiece for the X-T30 if they are interchangeable, the one I mean is the round one.

Have you tried the extended eyepiece that you can get from the Fuji store?

Edit: https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/accessories/dedicated-accessories/fujifilm-x-t3-t2-t1-long-eye-cup

Last edited:
Its the shorter one I need Steve like on a D500 as it doesn't mark my glasses, the standard eyecup if it gets any particles on does, And spending most of my time on airfields there is a lot of dust

And another one, where is the cheapest place to buy 2 X-T3 bodies with battery grips as a package

Agree with that a lovely shot.
Really like this one David, the light is beautiful, love that you didn't clip the shadow too as it adds nice depth here

Thank you both kindly! And yes, given the amount of shadow detail the X-T2 can keep even in very contrasty conditions, it would be a shame to discard it, unless I was looking for some kind of graphic silhouette effect, which certainly isn't the case here.

Thank you both kindly! And yes, given the amount of shadow detail the X-T2 can keep even in very contrasty conditions, it would be a shame to discard it, unless I was looking for some kind of graphic silhouette effect, which certainly isn't the case here.

Ah sorry, I meant the woman's shadow, not as in clipped blacks, I mean you kept her whole shadow in :)

I like this, it's like the mouth of an animal with crooked teeth

Haha It does, thanks matey. Odd angle, but thought it was fun ;)

@Manxmaid

Loving the Sunset Rocks and Wet Rocks.
Great job, Waterfall Swirls has a bit too much shaving foam for me.

Being that my daughter was away camping for Fathers Day. I got her to pose this morning, as my gift ;) I rather like this one :)

Thoughts by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Liking this Fujigraph very much, great pose and expression, and nicely presented in mono.

George.

@Manxmaid

Loving the Sunset Rocks and Wet Rocks.
Great job, Waterfall Swirls has a bit too much shaving foam for me.

Thanks Trevor, I do like the waves and rocks too. This was my first 'serious' outing with tripod, filters, long exposures etc so lots of experimenting :)

Back