The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Almost all of the funding came from selling my 1dx3 and associated EF gear.

Perhaps I need to start a new thread "The buyers remorse confessional"
Which camera did you buy? You can't have had the 1dx3 for all that long? What % would LCE want to take it back? Just curious how these things work.

Which camera did you buy? You can't have had the 1dx3 for all that long? What % would LCE want to take it back? Just curious how these things work.
I had the 1dx3 a few months, just enough time to cover my daughters wedding.
I did not px, I sold my stuff tp LCE as I was not sure which way to go with equipment.

Lce gave me circa 60% for the lot as it was bought from them and in as new condition.

I eventually bought an R5 plus grip and the lenses above.

I think I am weakening, I am about to pull the trigger on the Sony a9 and 200-600mm from Panamoz. Look out for my Sony a7r3 in the Classifieds.

My GAS has been relatively calm during lockdown, apart from buying the RF 100-500mm I don't think I've bought anything else, oh a tripod and head from the classifieds on here and a Wacom tablet.
Just bought a Loupedeck CT for my birthday next week - courtesy of my wife :)

I am sitting patiently on a pile of cash though, waiting to see what Canon release in terms of RF lenses , I will admit at times it feels like it's burning a hole in my pocket :ROFLMAO:

I think my GAS for cameras has been cured, no longer lust after cameras.
Different thing I now lust after. :)

My enthusiasm for photography has gone off the boil a little.

Well, there is always the chance to sell your kit in the classified section to enable those who still suffer to do so in a safe environment!

Last edited:
Well, there is always the chance to sell your kit in the classified section to enable those who still suffer to do so in a safe environment!

I was thinking of selling off some of my compacts and possibly a DSLR, not sure I would sell it through the Classifieds on here though.
Things don't seem to sell very well on here.

I was thinking of selling off some of my compacts and possibly a DSLR, not sure I would sell it through the Classifieds on here though.
Things don't seem to sell very well on here.

It depends what you are selling, some things do sell well on here for a decent price but other things don't.
At least when you sell on here the price you agree to is what you get, unlike a certain Bay that takes a 12.8% commission and the rest.

It depends what you are selling, some things do sell well on here for a decent price but other things don't.
At least when you sell on here the price you agree to is what you get, unlike a certain Bay that takes a 12.8% commission and the rest.

Certainly would not use they bay to sell on. Not sure if I am selling any yet anyway. :)

Same.. hasn't stopped me buying stuff though, just to sit on a shelf and get "touched" on the weekend!

Same.. hasn't stopped me buying stuff though, just to sit on a shelf and get "touched" on the weekend!

Not planning on buying anymore camera stuff, as photography has taken a back seat. I have got a couple of other hobbies interests that I now pursue.

Forgive me for I have sinned (again)

Bought a Fujifilm 80mm. I don't really need it and there was a degree of retail therapy involved, it does fit into a focal length void I had (see how easy it is to convince one's self ...) and I've played with it now so ... :)

I got carried away at the weekend & brought a couple of AF lenses. When I got home I found they weren't the mount I thought they were so ended up ordering a LA-EA4 as well, pushing my costs up considerably.
Despite the extra cost I now have a 21mm & a 70-210 for my A7ii for considerably less than the native e-mount telephoto.

I think I caught GAS just recently, as I have been trawling the classified ads, and pre owned gear sites. Not sure if the cure will be another purchase, or just sit in isolation and away from such sites.

I very rarely shoot at 50mm focal length. But I’ve got the hots for the Sony 50mm f1.2 GM

My GAS seems to come in waves, before subsiding for a while.........in the past 3 days, I have ordered 2 x Godox V860II's with a X-Pro trigger, a Camtraptions V3 PIR system, some PELI cases (to house the camera and flashes, when left out in the woods) and a Stealth Gear Trolley to pull all my gear around.

Hopefully, it will be a while before the GAS returns, but I do have my eye on a Floating Hide..........

I got carried away at the weekend & brought a couple of AF lenses. When I got home I found they weren't the mount I thought they were so ended up ordering a LA-EA4 as well, pushing my costs up considerably.
Despite the extra cost I now have a 21mm & a 70-210 for my A7ii for considerably less than the native e-mount telephoto.
Oh dear, I went back & got the 200-400 for £75 (much more than gas usually costs me) as well & even survived doing it with my wife by my side.

I think I caught GAS just recently, as I have been trawling the classified ads, and pre owned gear sites. Not sure if the cure will be another purchase, or just sit in isolation and away from such sites.
Time will tell.. sometimes I just like to browse and see what's going for how much ... convince yourself that you are harmlessly window shopping!

I have an hankering for an RF 24-105 L to replace the EF version I'm using on an adaptor. The argument is not so easy to make to the other half.
Reasons to do it:
Better weather sealing (because of not using the adaptor)
Smaller (ie no adapter)
Lighter
Sharper.

Anyone know where the money tree is ?

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that my GAS is all but cured! Of course I still look at new kit but the urge to part with cash for it seems to have vanished - I now realistically look at what benefits it will offer me in terms of usability or quality and the simple fact is that the megapixels my current kit has are enough for my wants and the lenses I have offer me as much flexibility and IQ for my needs. Can't help feeling that there will need to be an almost quantum leap in technology for me to upgrade my bags.

I had an instant bout of GAS when I saw a cheap guitar on Thursday on eBay...put in a cheeky bid, won it, collected it yesterday.

Cost about the price of cheap prime (relatively speaking).

xuTQ2Go.jpg

I keep fancying another Tele. Stupid really as I barely play now. Looks nice BTW - what is it?

Looks like a Les Paul junior but doesn't have the right knob configuration. Maybe a cheap copy?

Back