The official Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Owners Thread - *1.0.4 standard and C-Log firmware now available*

The only problem I have with the camera is the price. I think canon are compensating lower sales with higher prices.
Yes it was a tad high but there were a few deals about, and is becoming quite reasonable now things have settled down if you shop about, by mid year there should be some real bargains :)

£2525 at panamoz right now, it was £2480 just before Xmas too

£2429 at einfinity, they keep dropping the price by a tenner every few days, despite the exchange rate, panamoz keep upping the price.

Another few weeks im pulling the trigger.

http://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/3071/canon_eos_5d_mark_iv_dslr_camera_(body_only)
And as always HDew are just a few hundred higher @ £2,745... all of which if you do not mind grey imports :)

Cool, thank you George I will have a read of that later when on my PC (y)

Actually I think it was released a bit ago, for some reason this time the file size is HUGE!!....and I don't thing it's any different in terms of info, but useful anyway!!

George.
ps as usual, totally biased towards sports toggers, don't think Canon realises that a very significant part of their market is wildlife......nothing changes!!

Now I got to learn all the new features...

utJHkzo.jpg

Ahhhhh thank you Raymond... having now seen that manual cover in your image, one thing I have been meaning to do but not done yet, is set up the Wi-Fi :)

Not certain how much I will use it, but guess it's best set up ready, I will never know if I do not do it !!

Yes, but at the moment it's not compatible with the latest Mac os (although that should change soon and it's Canon's fault not FoCal) ....but others will have alternatives I'm sure.

George.

I am not using the Latest Mac OS so I am okay, I am never the first to upgrade because of bugs like this.

Where can I get a hard copy of the software with target cards etc?

No hard copy, just from their website, Raymond

I am not using the Latest Mac OS so I am okay, I am never the first to upgrade because of bugs like this.

Where can I get a hard copy of the software with target cards etc?

You can order printed targets direct from Reikan or B&H but the SW is always a download and you need to have an internet connection prior to using it (body serial number).

Raymond, they are available on the Reikan site, you can just print them off, it's dead easy!

I have heard Focal is very good and highly recommended.

But rather than forking out for something you will only use a few times, it may pay to see if anyone else already has the software nearby?

IMG_1486623737.902269.jpg

I used this which has worked out well albeit time consuming and only as accurate as my eye could be

First time putting screen protector on my cameras. One is perfect, one is off by a little. Not enough to be any problem and at least I can tell them apart now.

OATCgYx.jpg

First time putting screen protector on my cameras. One is perfect, one is off by a little. Not enough to be any problem and at least I can tell them apart now.

Which screen protector did you go for Raymond ??

I had one on my 40d, 7d and 5d3 but was unsure with my 5d4 due to the touch, which I use a lot.

There is news that the latest updates (which look slightly better if you are a video shooter) to the Canon Mk IV will require a hardware upgrade, I wonder if Canon UK will support grey market bodies?

Reports relating to a possible service job for the 5D Mark IV are the result of the heat sinks on current units not performing well in some environments when used with the newer firmware. This is because of the increased processing load from the enlarged video sampling area. Newer units will ship with an improved heat sink while existing 5D Mark IV units can be retrofitted. Pricing is unconfirmed for that servicing.

http://www.canonrumors.com/crop-fac...os-5d-mark-iv-included-in-coming-update-more/

Regards...

Has anyone tried to register their 5D iv on Canon's web site? I can see the 5D ii and iii, but there is no iv - very odd as it's not really a new product. I know it won't affect the guarantee, but if nothing else it's a record of the serial number.

After a few years of deciding whether to get a full frame camera, I was tempted by a good price at the Photography show and came away with a 5D iv. Not had time to get out and about with it yes, but I'm really looking forward to a photography filled summer.

Chris

It is my first full frame camera too, and I am loving it! The new 24-105 seems to be on it most the time.

Sorry I haven't tried registering it so can't help

Thanks Donna, I have the 24-105mm too (older version) and I'm hoping that combined with the 16-35mm it will set me off in the right direction for some good landscapes.

Chris

Im really loving my MKIV. I only got it two weeks ago, to replace my MKIII, and it was off to a slow start as i found it to have a bit of a steeper learnign curve than my MKIII. I loved the camera but the shots didnt look any better than my MKIII. I think ive got the hang of it now though, it was probably me shooting too slow. Im used to hand holding quite slow but it seems the higher res sensor needs a bit more shutter speed to really nail the sharpness.
Now i cant get enough of the camera, although ill still use my 80D a lot as its lighter and smaller.

I really love the tracking though. Must more reliable than my MKIII.

This was my son walking quite fast towards me, out of the fog. 10 shots, all in focus.

Sam emerging from the fog at the Tate Modern.
by Dave Pearce, on Flickr

Even at night the AF wasn't distracted
Fog at the Tate. by Dave Pearce, on Flickr

I like those two shots Dave, they have a cinematic feel to them. Good of the Tate to lay on the fog for you!

One thought that niggles away in my mind is that I won't really see much difference between my 7D and 5D shots, but my logical side knows that a combination of a lot less noise and a better dynamic range means that I can look forward to seeing an improvement in my images, especially in low light.

Chris

Back