The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Another dead simple one ... don't over think it ;)

We all have at least one of these things they call a Camera

Ohhh a camera :)

Now then - which one? If I count film cameras I have about 40 :eek:

Ohhh a camera :)

Now then - which one? If I count film cameras I have about 40 :eek:
As I said don't over think it there is a very easy solution ;)

.... when you come here looking for the next theme and then realise it's only Wednesday.... :exit:

I missed a webinar last Friday because I was a day out... there is no hope.

Not to worry it'll be Easter in a few days (y)

It's only...

wednesday-addams.jpg

But that means tomorrer is FEMEDAY!!!!!! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

.... when you come here looking for the next theme and then realise it's only Wednesday.... :exit:

I spent two days wondering why the goldfinches hadn't taken to their new niger feeder until I noticed that I hadn't removed the plastic bungs from the feed holes. The poor things probably have blunt beaks! Definitely no hope here :eek:

I spent two days wondering why the goldfinches hadn't taken to their new niger feeder until I noticed that I hadn't removed the plastic bungs from the feed holes. The poor things probably have blunt beaks! Definitely no hope here :eek:
Oh no! How frustrating for them! I bought a niger seed holder and it only has fine holes all over it - no perches or bigger feeding holes - so possibly also torturing them. I think I'll try and cut some into it as they don't seem to have taken to it.

I feed the red squirrels in my garden and there is one that cannot get the hang of the feeder where he has to lift the lid. I put nuts in 3 different places to increase his chances.

I noticed that I hadn't removed the plastic bungs from the feed holes.
Try sellotaping bread crumbs to the inside of a window, that get's them every time too (y)

:D

Week 49 and another easy one,
there are loads of these laying about just waiting for the opportunity to become famous....
That just Leaves me to introduce errr Leaves

Now breathing a sigh of relief - that is me now up to date with themes as I've just popped a Week 44 in to the pot! Hurrah. I seriously thought at one time I would not finish this year.
That just leaves me with leaves!! Plenty of those around.

Hmmmm... Leaves - I think I know the spot!

Hmmmm... Leaves - I think I know the spot!
My back garden :(
Poxy tree next door, the prevailing wind blows my way every soddin' time!
they were over 6" deep in places at the start of the clean up!
I've already filled up a circa 200L bin there is still the same + left, but also there is still some on the tree.
I'll still be finding them next spring :(

My back garden :(
Poxy tree next door, the prevailing wind blows my way every soddin' time!
they were over 6" deep in places at the start of the clean up!
I've already filled up a circa 200L bin there is still the same + left, but also there is still some on the tree.
I'll still be finding them next spring :(

You need an industrial leaf blower pointed at the tree and directing them all back to your neighbour.

We have the same problem, our garden is surrounded by trees - all of which belong to someone else. My biggest issue is that there's a tree with a lot of dead wood in it, and the branches extend out and over our shed. I've replaced the roof felt twice as branches have hit it and torn through it.

ou need an industrial leaf blower pointed at the tree and directing them all back to your neighbour.
Now that is a bloody good idea !
They hardly ever get leaves in their garden, yes it does p*** me off.

our garden is surrounded by trees - all of which belong to someone else.
Same here but next doors is the worst

My biggest issue is that there's a tree with a lot of dead wood in it, and the branches extend out and over our shed..... I've replaced the roof felt twice as branches have hit it and torn through it.
I could have written that :(
However I now have long handled "shears" and a short ladder, anything nowadays that gets close to the shed felt gets cut off..

They probably annoy your neighbour too. We have problems with big trees in our garden but they were planted very many years before we came to live here. It's always a relief when we've had a big storm and we see everything in tact!

I am thankful to have the trees though for the wildlife they bring - red squirrels which use the canopy to get into our garden. We also get woodpeckers, kestrels, sparrow hawks and buzzards as well as all the usual garden birds, corvids and bats (dead wood good for bats). The badgers raid the plum tree. No hedgehogs though!

One positive is that the wildlife will thank you for leaving the leaves.... and you will have a good subject for this weeks theme. :D

We did have two/three other trees in our garden, but they’ve all gone in the storms over the years we’ve been here.

Been incredibly lucky as the one in the front garden, fell diagonally onto our lawn.

The top of it was just about touching the front
door.

And I say two/three as we had one in the back garden where the trunk split in two near the base.

One half blew down into our back garden and narrowly avoided crushing our daughter’s playhouse. It sort of cantilevered itself over it.

Then a few years’ later the other portion fell over and landed on the decking. Again, it went diagonal and only just missed the back doors.

All cleaned up:

Tree part 09.jpg
I had to rely on Google Street View for a pic of the tree in the front garden.

It was really easy to give people directions - Yeah just look for the big tree. Not so easy now #Yeah, it's the one that used to have the big tree'

Tree part 10.jpg

This one, too, managed to fall in exactly the right place. Didn't fall into the road, didn't hit the house.

Tree part 11.jpgTree part 12.jpgTree part 13.jpgTree part 14.jpgTree part 15.jpgTree part 16.jpg

They probably annoy your neighbour too.
If that was aimed at me, they get virtually nothing in their garden, and I mean virtually nothing, when I looked at the first fall, there was a couple of dozen and that was it.
Out of interest I just looked I have a fresh carpet and they have a few dots...

There are Sparrow hawks and red kites roosting in the golf course less than half a mile away as the bird fly's.
They both often drop by to see what's available.

One positive is that the wildlife will thank you for leaving the leaves....
Nothing here to appreciate any depth, but I do leave a good covering and rotting wood, on the fern area, for the insects.
But I also hate having clear the rotting leaves from the pond in this weather that waters damned cold :D
The Twin Trunks - thisis the only pic I have pre-it falling.
What a nightmare and lucky at the same time!

Last edited:
What a nightmare and lucky at the same time!

At the time it was, But to be honest, we have so much more light now. Plus the decking is nowhere near as dangerous to walk on as it doesn't go green quite so quickly.

The tree that came down at the front, I took all the small branches off, then used a chainsaw to cut it into slices as a friend (co-incidentally) wanted some centrepieces for the tables at her wedding.

The rest, I took to a friend of mine with a log burner in return for the loan of the chainsaw.

@Kell That looked like a close call!! I'm glad no-one was injured.

@Cobra sorry, yes I was referring to your post. Annoying that you get the leaves and they don't! Grrr! Rotting leaves in the pond sounds lovely... not. This needs to be in the WAMT thread :D or should it beWAMED (What Annoys Me Every Day)

When we moved in, I had no idea how the trees could be a problem. We still have a huge macrocarpia that could probably reach us if it fell. It has lost many of it's big branches now. The one at the bottom of the garden managed to get the neighbours shed - in 2015 Amazingly it only needed a new roof afterwards!

That's me for scale in the bottom pic - don't tell the fashion police :ROFLMAO:

151129132804-IMG_3820.jpg151129132600-IMG_3816.jpg151129132712-IMG_3818.jpg

Last edited:
@Cobra @Kell @Bebop - more on the tree theme. I have a huge poplar at the end of my garden and what you need is a very brave and handy with a chainsaw chap to sort the problem..
From this..
IMG_3696.jpg

to this..
IMG_3702.jpg

Unfortunately this was back in 2011 - damn tree is almost as big again and I still have the leaf problem every year!
Right.. time to find some leaves to shoot.. hmmmm :)

Last edited:
Grrr! Rotting leaves in the pond sounds lovely... not. This needs to be in the WAMT thread :D or should it beWAMED (What Annoys Me Every Day)
I even have a net over the pond, ( damned Heron attacks :(
And they still get through ( leaves that is although I have seen the heron occasionally still looking for a take-away )

That's me for scale in the bottom pic - don't tell the fashion police :ROFLMAO:
Too late its on the net :D

As a follow-up I didn't really have time before.
There is a thin tree lined walk way at the back of me, between the other house gardens.
Its a walk way / cut through to the local shops and schools. that runs basically East to West, East being to my left when stood in my garden.
Most of the trees are a good 40 foot high.

I have been complaining about this for years, due to the light blocking especially at this time of year.
"I have no wish for the trees to disappear but a good trim will help them and me no end"
The answer is always the same We have no plans etc....

A few winters ago, one of the trees had a broken branch I'd guess 20 feet long and easily 18 inches thick,
this was just resting un attached on the branches below and over hanging the foot path, directly behind my house.

Again I gave the location on a map and suggested that the tree was un safe.
I got an email back. We have sent a surveyor out, and the tree is sound (WFT?)
However the surveyor has found that there are a couple of hybrid trees further down the walk way that are unsafe and will be removed shortly.
So a surveyor cannot read a map then?
Before ( when in leaf they join up)

Tree-b.jpg
I came home one day to find this :woot:

there is another tree to the right of the totem pole ( since removed) that also got cut down
But the branches you can see to the right is my neighbours damned tree :(

I did however send a p*** taking email back to the council, explaining that someone was stealing the "safe tree"
:D

tree2.jpg

Back