The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

I've been looking for an all encompassing theme..
It took awhile to Narrow it down though.

Tim ( @LC2 ) and I were discussing this the other day, he mentioned ( a fair point IMO)
If you don't like the theme or can't complete the theme in the current climate, do what you can and the next theme maybe more to your liking

Joining in this discussion a little late but have to say I have enjoyed the 52 this year.. I didn't last very long the first time around!
I appreciate the comments and do realise that sometimes they are polite - when I know my image is pretty mediocre to say the least. However, it is difficult on a forum to make comment in a few sentences rather than face to face where you can discuss the merits or otherwise of a shot.
I have to agree that submitting one shot a week has proved more difficult than I first thought but it is food for thought during the week, especially during lockdown. It's surprising how distracting it can be (as evidenced by the £100 fine and 3 points I recently acquired being distracted by the photographic opportunities of Blythburgh marshes and not seeing the speed camera van directly in front of me! ). So, thanks to everyone for keeping me going and making a pretty rubbish year much more interesting.. so far :)

It's surprising how distracting it can be (as evidenced by the £100 fine and 3 points I recently acquired being distracted by the photographic opportunities of Blythburgh marshes and not seeing the speed camera van directly in front of me! )
OUCH!
Again, easy money eh? ;)

Oooh Oooh Fursdi Eve haha! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

I feel like my photos are getting more and more rubbish as time goes on. I'm sure that's not the idea.

I dread to think what I'll be posting in week 52, probably an iPhone pic of my Christmas dinner :ROFLMAO:

I feel like my photos are getting more and more rubbish as time goes on. I'm sure that's not the idea.

I dread to think what I'll be posting in week 52, probably an iPhone pic of my Christmas dinner :ROFLMAO:

Get the new iPhone 12 Pro Max - the camera is a game changer :D

I'll make that the theme just for you Helen (y)
( but I might have lied ;) )

Week 47
Easy one for those on lock down yet again...
Paper

Given week 52 starts on 24/12, it could be the same for 99% of us :)
I feel and Easter theme coming on here (y)

I've come to the conclusion there's a "lockdown effect" on my photography. During L#1 I saw a definite lack of enthusiasm and inspiration and when restrictions were lifted it took a while but there was an improvement in what I was taking. Back in lockdown #2 I am struggling to find any inspiration once again. Even though my lifestyle changes little it does seem to impact my creativity.

Right, I am up to date on pictures, well paper to do. I am very behind on comments but it has been a frantic month for me. Lost my job on the 2nd with the start of lock down 2, had to re do my CV, get it out to everyone I know in the industry, and since then I have been having interviews, a few face to face and several on zoom. Good news is I have been offered a new position with one my old customers, should be starting on December 1st, just waiting on written confirmation!
That's a load off my mind! Sorry about the comments, I will endeavour to catch up this week...once I have found some photogenic paper.

Good news is I have been offered a new position with one my old customers, should be starting on December 1st, just waiting on written confirmation!

Great news Clive (y)
It must have been a worrying time for you...

Good stuff @CliveH - onwards and upwards!

I've come to the conclusion there's a "lockdown effect" on my photography. During L#1 I saw a definite lack of enthusiasm and inspiration and when restrictions were lifted it took a while but there was an improvement in what I was taking. Back in lockdown #2 I am struggling to find any inspiration once again. Even though my lifestyle changes little it does seem to impact my creativity.

I feel exactly the same!

Right, I am up to date on pictures, well paper to do. I am very behind on comments but it has been a frantic month for me. Lost my job on the 2nd with the start of lock down 2, had to re do my CV, get it out to everyone I know in the industry, and since then I have been having interviews, a few face to face and several on zoom. Good news is I have been offered a new position with one my old customers, should be starting on December 1st, just waiting on written confirmation!
That's a load off my mind! Sorry about the comments, I will endeavour to catch up this week...once I have found some photogenic paper.

What a difficult time for you. Best of luck in your new job.

Good luck with the new job @CliveH

Hello everyone. I’m back on board after an unexpected three week stint in hospital. Trying to catch up yesterday from archives so only ‘digital age’ to do. May have to actually take a photo for that one if I can think of something.
Hope I’ve not missed too much. I’ve not had a look back through all the images posted in the last 3 weeks but glad to see we all seem to be still here.

Good news is I have been offered a new position with one my old customers, should be starting on December 1st, just waiting on written confirmation!

Good news and congratulations. Don't bust a gut commenting on my images, i'm not too concerned.

Congratulations Clive.
Phew as you say worrying times, there is a lot of competition for few jobs as a lot have been put in the same position as you.

Hello everyone. I’m back on board after an unexpected three week stint in hospital. Trying to catch up yesterday from archives so only ‘digital age’ to do. May have to actually take a photo for that one if I can think of something.
Hope I’ve not missed too much. I’ve not had a look back through all the images posted in the last 3 weeks but glad to see we all seem to be still here.

Sorry to hear that Joan and welcome back. That’s a long spell in hospital. I hope you’re recovered now. I wouldn’t worry about catching up on comments.

Sorry to hear that Joan - make sure you take care of yourself and don't stress over catching up. Keeping well is first and foremost.

Glad you're on the mend Joan!

I can't believe we're almost at the end of the year already! The 52 really has helped the year go faster in these odd times.

I just had a look at the spreadsheet and my digital age was missed - it's here, #681 @LC2 pretty please.... and I've also managed this weeks theme already.... I haven't been this early in a while :giggle:

I just had a look at the spreadsheet and my digital age was missed - it's here, #681 @LC2 pretty please....
Updated. I recall we had a discussion about the vernier (as my lidls one is knackered).
I blame it being missed on either my assistant ;) or on the fact that google docs sometimes doesn't save immediately. (so if you navigate away, it can potentially lose an edit).

Updated. I recall we had a discussion about the vernier (as my lidls one is knackered).
I blame it being missed on either my assistant ;) or on the fact that google docs sometimes doesn't save immediately. (so if you navigate away, it can potentially lose an edit).

Many thanks Tim. I’d forgotten our discussion - just as well it’s not me having to remember to update the sheet! Safest to blame it on google docs I reckon [emoji6]

WooooHoooo Thursday eve kinda snooked up on me there! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Back