weekly the_g_man 52 Week Challenge - Week 30, 31 and 32 added

Hi, I like this one, captures the modern work environment well with the dual screens, good choice of subject on the screens, multiple windows, and a nice graph too. Good DOF, sharp focus on the mug and the pen to lead you in a bit more.

Well done!

Love your space shot!

Agree with Graham with his comments on your work photo, cant add anything else to it! Well done!

Can't offer much more, excellent DOF and lighting is spot on for the image. (y)

Hi Mark

Space...fab colors , well laid out & nice angle...:clap:

Work....can't add to whats been said...simple , effective , well lit...yup , good shot mister :clap:

Week 7 - Gluttony

Week 7 - Gluttony by mgillanders, on Flickr

Struggled a bit with the theme this week, maybe my inexperience showing through. I always struggle with food shots too, i find it hard to compose.

Anyway it was good to practice i guess. My entry for this week, a massive handful of sweet, chocolaty, E-Numbers galore things!

Sweets ...oh,,yeah :D

Lovely colours and I quite like the perspective. Lighting looks quite good as does the focus.

No real crit from me, maybe the crop on the top hand ?

Cheers.

Struggled a bit with the theme this week, maybe my inexperience showing through.

I don't think you're the only one who found it tricky this week, plenty of others have to (me included :LOL:).

Good job, colours bright, background great, detail on the foreground great. Maybe a few more smarties??

I like it! Good perspective & point of view.
My only crit is it seems very dark? The Smarties seem ok, but the hands and background are very dark? Not really a criticism I suppose if that's the way you intended the shot, but I think a white / lighter BG would lift the whole shot and bring out the colours in the Smarties!

Space: cracking colour, focus and perspective. An original throught for the theme!
Work: I like the focus on the mug with the intended depth of field on the monitors, well in theme.
Gluttony: Great composition, sharp varied colours, great focus with nice angle. Well executed.

Week 8 - Time

Time Waits For No Man by mgillanders, on Flickr

Want to do something different from the stuff I'd done before and tried to go with the theme "Time Waits For No Man". I have been a bit pushed for time this week, so not 100% happy with the Photo but there we go.

I'm abroad next week without an Internet Connection so will be posting late, but will endeavor to take the photo within the time frame. On a climbing holiday, so hoping for a good topic.

Hi Mark

hope you're enjoying your holiday..though climbing sounds far too much like hard work to me :eek:
The shot...good focus & use of DOF , mono works well :) Not so sure on the background...dropped your watch on the way out in a hurry maybe ?

Space - great idea. Nice setup, it works well.

Work - plays to the subject really well.

Gluttony - maybe a little dark, but great idea and focus and everything looks great. Good job.

Time - very different idea, I like it. lighting and composition work well for me.

Thanks for the comments last week. :)

A little late processing this week, as said before was on a climbing holiday all (hence the climbing related Juxtaposition). Any taken within the time frame, just processed after.

Handhold or Foothold by mgillanders, on Flickr

On Holiday again from Wednesday for two weeks, so the next couple may be late again, but will make my best attempt's to actually photograph the theme in the correct time frame.

Cheers, Mark

Great shot, nice full frame and good focus on the subject.

Yes, it's a nice shot, but somehow it didn't scream the theme at me either.

Its a good shot and well composed. I think youre other leg/jeans parallel to the rock is a little distracting though. Fine idea.

Thanks for the comments. I was trying to go for Hand Hold or Foot Hold as the Juxtaposition, but maybe a little too Climbing specific.

Anyway, been away in the States, so just catching up.

:):)

Last of the catching up. :):)

Week 12 - Direction

Week 12 -Direction by mgillanders, on Flickr

Taken Yesterday (Friday), while out and about.

Last few weeks have been pretty rushed, but hopefully back on track now and a return to normality, although struggling to think of something creative for this weeks theme, but I'm I'll find some inspiration. :)

C+C always welcome.

Hi Mark

Letter: Nice positioned and angle. Good use of focus and depth against the background.

Electrical: Good angle again and well in theme. Original.

Direction: Cropped just that bid too tightly to the left but nevertheless nicely positioned and light enought not have the dark background affecting the signs.

Hi Mark. :wave:

Lovely old sign, works so well in B&W too.

for me the crop is spoiling it somewhat. A bit wider to show the ends of the sign at least... just my opinion.

(y)

Hi Mark

Electric....quirky angle which gives interest to a possibly plain subject , contrast in the textures ...like it :)

Direction...good detail & sharp on the writing....shame about the slightly clipped ends of the signs though

Letter...like it (y) Nice angles, well light & fab black bg :clap:

Yeah, was a bit disappointed with the crop :bonk:

Hey ho, next time will remember to check before heading home!

Hi, Mark, welcome back (y)

Letter, works for me. Like the tone, composition and detail. It has an eerie feel to it.

Electric, nice detail and the conversion works well. I might prefer a perspective photographing across the sign.

Direction, plenty of character in this sign. Not overly keen on the crop and a tad right left and right.

Tacky indeed. WB looks off and the shadows look a tad harsh.

Good catch up.

Cheers.

Hello again Mark, nice position for the light, have to agree that it could do with a brush up in PP (White balance/contrast/shadows) but BOY IS THAT TACKY :LOL:

Mark, sorry for being so slow in catching up. I did like Letter; the lighting is particularly moody. Electric a plus for the NYC bit... works quite well! I liked the age of the sign in Direction; you don't see many signs saying 2 1/4 these days! As noted, needs more space to the left... actually, I think it needs quite a bit more space on one side rather than the other, which might give a sense that's the direction of interest.

Tacky... not my cup of tea really, but interesting to see the approach anyway.

Week 14 - Value

Little bit behind at the moment. Didn't get the shot I wanted, so resorted to this. Fairly happy but was a little rushed.

Week 14 - Value by mgillanders, on Flickr

Was going to play a Joker for Greed, but the when I came to process the photo taken last week for it, I'd only gone and left the camera on a really ISO so not up to scratch. Doh! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Oh well, will learn for next time!

Nice idea...strangely this is pretty much the exact shot I have taken for greed but not posted yet!

Wondering how come the left hand side looks a bit out of focus but the rest doesn't?

Forgot to check your ISO, eh? Did it myself recently :bonk:

On theme and I like the overhead perspective. Focus has been mentions and I'm not too keen on the harsh shadows.

Cheers.

Back