weekly Thirsty_camels 52'ers for 2018 - Weeks 23 to 25 added.

Three good shots the puddle reflection works well the door is a nice find but the reflection edges it
The needle shot is very nice simple but works well

For age it has to be the door for me, a very tall crop but I like the decay captured in that door, the light seems a tad bright at the bottom compared to the top so wondering if a PP grad could have evened it out :)

Sharp... now I love the detail and colour of this one, I also like how you have rucked the fabric, that adds a lot to the composition for me, super image :clap:

The bridge is a lovely image even if it is way in the BG.

Ageing ... nice job, bits up top are a bit distracting tho.

Door ... nice find, well captured.

Sharp nice one, but fucus is a bit confusing however I think you do have the needle point sharp.(y)

Age - the old Gaol door in Old Amersham, a door Ive always admired and youve captured it well.

Sharp is a nice shot, but the macro nature actually makes the needle look a lot less sharp than reality......

I like both of your age(ing) images Nigel. Everyone loves an old door. So much character to it. Cracking first one too with the old path and nice touch with the reflection.

Sharp, again, perfect for the theme and not one I would have thought of. Well done that man

Stark - works for me nice contrast of colours between the foreground and the sky.

Over - fits the theme, but I do think the image could be a bit sharper.

Age(ing) - the second shot for me, as the old door has a bit of character to it and fits the theme better for me.

Sharp - brilliantly executed nothing at all for me to crit.

Hi Nigel,
Over - Not a bad shot. I think an extreme mono conversion might pull more out of it perhaps? Dunno...
Age - Reflections on the old wet cobbled path for me. It shouts old at me.
Sharp - Lovely piece of work there. Nice colours, great DoF and a bit of needlework into the bargain. Who knew you were into cross stich? ;)

Sharp
That's a really detailed close up shot. Simple and effective.

Great catch up Nigel! The one that stands out for me is sharp (y)

Over - Lovely night shot over the river.
Age - I like the reflection in the puddle on the cobbled street best but the door is nicely captured too.
Sharp -My favorite of the bunch I love the colour and form of the fabric

Three good shots the puddle reflection works well the door is a nice find but the reflection edges it
The needle shot is very nice simple but works well

Thanks Allan.

For age it has to be the door for me, a very tall crop but I like the decay captured in that door, the light seems a tad bright at the bottom compared to the top so wondering if a PP grad could have evened it out :)

Sharp... now I love the detail and colour of this one, I also like how you have rucked the fabric, that adds a lot to the composition for me, super image :clap:

Thanks Dean, hadn't thought about using a grad to sort out the balance of exposure, something to think about next time :).

Was pleased with Sharp :)

The bridge is a lovely image even if it is way in the BG.

Ageing ... nice job, bits up top are a bit distracting tho.

Door ... nice find, well captured.

Sharp nice one, but fucus is a bit confusing however I think you do have the needle point sharp.(y)

Thanks David.

Age - the old Gaol door in Old Amersham, a door Ive always admired and youve captured it well.

Sharp is a nice shot, but the macro nature actually makes the needle look a lot less sharp than reality......

Cheers .

Nigel

Nice image, love the curve and pattern of the cloth.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

I like both of your age(ing) images Nigel. Everyone loves an old door. So much character to it. Cracking first one too with the old path and nice touch with the reflection.

Sharp, again, perfect for the theme and not one I would have thought of. Well done that man

Thanks Ian, the path was my fav :).

Stark - works for me nice contrast of colours between the foreground and the sky.

Over - fits the theme, but I do think the image could be a bit sharper.

Age(ing) - the second shot for me, as the old door has a bit of character to it and fits the theme better for me.

Sharp - brilliantly executed nothing at all for me to crit.

thanks Mandy, over was taken on my iPhone so that's why it;s not as sharp as I would like :).

Hi Nigel,
Over - Not a bad shot. I think an extreme mono conversion might pull more out of it perhaps? Dunno...
Age - Reflections on the old wet cobbled path for me. It shouts old at me.
Sharp - Lovely piece of work there. Nice colours, great DoF and a bit of needlework into the bargain. Who knew you were into cross stich? ;)

Thanks Tim, cant beat a bit of cross stitch :),

Sharp
That's a really detailed close up shot. Simple and effective.

Thanks

Great catch up Nigel! The one that stands out for me is sharp (y)

Thanks, finding it hard to keep up this year...

Over - Lovely night shot over the river.
Age - I like the reflection in the puddle on the cobbled street best but the door is nicely captured too.
Sharp -My favorite of the bunch I love the colour and form of the fabric

Thanks

That's a lovely shot for Sharp, Nigel. Lots of close-up detail and contrasting textures with the hard, smooth needle set against the soft fabric, and I do like the shape and the colour of the fabric too (y)

Thanks, was really pleased with that one.

Well done for catching up, I'm not feeling much of a sense of heavy with the blocks even though they must be. The tracks are good and the gate is a nice abstract,

Hi Nigel, A bit of a catchup going on there...

Guard - 200mm eh? Must have been some distance away and quite small. Good spot. Works for me.
Thick - A little uninspiring maybe? I may have clones out the background bottom right (or maybe re-composed) as it doesn't add to the image.
Abundance - Love it. (Well I would, wouldn't I). Where is it? The sign isn't readable.
Heavy - On theme, but sorry, not for me. not helped by the green beer can so prominently in the shot.

Hi Nigel

Good work ...
I like the dragon idea but feel it could be sharper ... probably some distance away as :agree: points out.

Thick ... I like, but could do with a boost somehow. It's a bit abstracty and would be more so if those treetop botton right were cloned out.

Well done for catching up!

I like the little dragon, find it quite appealing for some reason. :) I also like the train lines. They work well in B&W, makes it a much more striking shot. :)

Guard - I rather like the little Dragon reminds me of Idris from Ivor the Engine. Great detail for such a distance nice spot
Thick - The weather has been unkind A nice blue sky would make such a difference.
Abundance - I like it all those rails and railings work really well for the theme.
Heavy - Fits the theme but has no appeal for me sorry.

Abundance - Plenty of lines, of all kinds. Black and white suits the intention by removing distraction.

Heavy - Get the intention. Like others have said the incidental details do distract. Sometimes getting closer helps. Though have to smile at the chair and drink cup hiding behind a taller stack of blocks out of the foreman's line of sight.

Guard(ed) - an interesting little creature, I think the image needs to pop out a bit more. i feel that the dragon looks lost in all that BG.
Thick - shame about the grey looking sky, but the gate seem thick. so it works for me.
Abundance - the black and white really suits this image, great take on the theme.
Heavy - those block do indeed look heavy, well done for the catch up.

Nigel

Heavy, nice take on the theme, good contrast and detail in the black paint.
Abundance, Well aligned and good DOF, tones work well, very interesting B&W Image.
Heavy, On Theme, but not as interesting to me as your previous image.

Pete

Like this very much, it has me imagining, like did the little drops, fall of a tree leaf or.... etc , brilliant.

Walter

Good work (y)

I'm surprised we didn't get more of this kind of thing for Wet.

Wet - :thinking: it does fit the theme just not sure what I feel about it, I want to say that its a bit to dark on the rhs of the image and that it needs lightning up a little. But I think some of the darkness helps to add to the image, im just not sure i am stumped with this image.

It's to the point. I hate marmite, but I like the image. The falling drop and the ripples from the drop that has just landed are excellently caught. The dark vibe is interesting and gets you to really look at it.
(y)

Thanks Tim, seems at least a few people liked it :).

Like this very much, it has me imagining, like did the little drops, fall of a tree leaf or.... etc , brilliant.

Walter

Thanks Walter

Good work (y)

I'm surprised we didn't get more of this kind of thing for Wet.

Thanks David.

Just a tad to dark for me, but like the shot otherwise.

Knew it wouldn't please everyone :)

Wet - :thinking: it does fit the theme just not sure what I feel about it, I want to say that its a bit to dark on the rhs of the image and that it needs lightning up a little. But I think some of the darkness helps to add to the image, im just not sure i am stumped with this image.

Nice to get people to think about the shot :).

Wet
I quite like it, minimalistic wet shot.

Thanks.

Back