weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2016 - Week 52 Celebration

Hi Nigel

Taste in Personal Taste is a good idea ... working well.

and Old Technology is another good twist .... really nice POV, clean sharp and contrasty. (y)

Personal - Nothing I can add to the other comments. Great shot.
Effort - I really like the crop / close up, it focuses the mind on the effort, a wider shot would have lost impact imo. Nice contrast of the blue jeans against the green grass.
Technology - Lovely blue sky, great angle and subject. What's not to like :)

Hi Nigel. Nice choice for subject - love the simple composition and that blue sky. :clap:

Morning Nigel,

Lovely angle of view for Technology great subject too. I love the contract of the bright blue sky against the wbrown of the windwmill

Technology - I like the angle and the lovely blue skies.

Hi Nigel

Taste in Personal Taste is a good idea ... working well.

and Old Technology is another good twist .... really nice POV, clean sharp and contrasty. (y)

Thanks, was pleased with both of these and tried to be different.

Personal - Nothing I can add to the other comments. Great shot.
Effort - I really like the crop / close up, it focuses the mind on the effort, a wider shot would have lost impact imo. Nice contrast of the blue jeans against the green grass.
Technology - Lovely blue sky, great angle and subject. What's not to like :)

Hi Nigel. Nice choice for subject - love the simple composition and that blue sky. :clap:

Your technology shots works so well - great pov and well composed.

Hi Nigel, that's a very strong image - punchy colours and good composition. Love the sharpness front to back - great job. Sky is perhaps a touch too saturated for me but it still works really well as a compelling picture. :clap:

Hi Nigel :)

Great to see old technology I like the angle you have chosen with the sails coming in from near the corners, you were blessed with a great sky too, real nice colours :)

Thank you all for your comments, it's always nice to get good feedback :).

Hi Nigel. Nicely chosen - love the grittiness of the overall image and the texture of the stair risers in particular, all create added interest to the obvious horizontals formed by the steps themselves. :clap:

Hi,

Horizontal - Their some well worn stairs, where did you spot them? I Like the POV and the B&W process works well.

I've missed some good shots from you over the weeks, particularly liked the artificial and the personal shots.

That'll do nicely Nigel - like the converging horizontal lines mixed in with verticals. Good POV.

I'm not sure about it Nigel.
he converging horizontals (as Carl says) and the DoF work.
The centre vertical is vertical, but the cloest one isn't and that jars a bit.

Perhaps a bit of lens correction to get the closest vertical actually vertical would improve matters.

The angle works well, but perhaps the focus point could have been an encyclopaedia or something.

I'm not sure about it Nigel.
he converging horizontals (as Carl says) and the DoF work.
The centre vertical is vertical, but the cloest one isn't and that jars a bit.

Perhaps a bit of lens correction to get the closest vertical actually vertical would improve matters.

Hi Tim, I did add the lens correction as part of the PP but see what you mean about the verticals.

The angle works well, but perhaps the focus point could have been an encyclopaedia or something.

A good idea David but I was struggling to get the shot anyway as there were limited places I could shoot and wasn't my first choice for this topic either but appreciate the feedback.

Good Catch up Nigel
Colourful is definitely my favourite of the shots with Covered coming second, Colourful is interesting to look at and Covered uses the leadin line construct to move the eye through the shot.
Rough is technically well taken and on theme, but does hit you in the same way the others do. Nothing wrong with it on it's own, but the weakest of the three.

Nice catchup Nigel

The first Rough for me as you can see more of the detail and texture I think the DOF is perfect on it too.

Covered very nice I like the POV and recession of the beams the handrail and central beam pull your eye through the picture.

Colourful nice bright and vibrant really like it

Good Catch up Nigel
Colourful is definitely my favourite of the shots with Covered coming second, Colourful is interesting to look at and Covered uses the leadin line construct to move the eye through the shot.
Rough is technically well taken and on theme, but does hit you in the same way the others do. Nothing wrong with it on it's own, but the weakest of the three.

Thanks Tim, not what you mean about rough, was struggerling with that one and isnt as strong as the other two.

Very good catch up Nigel, I too love the colour shot, very vibrant, the first wood shot is my preferred of the two, but the covered grabs my eye more, very striking in B&W :)

Thanks DK, I really liked the covered shot as well :)

Nice catchup Nigel

The first Rough for me as you can see more of the detail and texture I think the DOF is perfect on it too.

Covered very nice I like the POV and recession of the beams the handrail and central beam pull your eye through the picture.

Colourful nice bright and vibrant really like it

Thanks for your comments Mark.

A nice catch-up Nigel - well done.
Rough: I prefer the second image, I think because it is almost a portrait in nature and I really like the layered textures. I'd probably crop out the sides to leave just the woodwork.
Covered: Great mix of shapes all coming together - I particularly like the arches .... has the look of a rib cage.
Colourful: Bright and arty - like it.
(y)

A nice catch-up Nigel - well done.
Rough: I prefer the second image, I think because it is almost a portrait in nature and I really like the layered textures. I'd probably crop out the sides to leave just the woodwork.
Covered: Great mix of shapes all coming together - I particularly like the arches .... has the look of a rib cage.
Colourful: Bright and arty - like it.
(y)

Thanks Carl for your comments, I wasn't sure about the 2nd one, tried it with the a crop of the just the walls but seemed then not have any context, covered is my favorite of the bunch.

Great catch up, all great pictures, love your covered and coloured.

Thanks Clive.

Back