weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2016 - Week 52 Celebration

I love your covered - very striking with great leading lines. I think the first rough is my favourite - the dof works well to highlight the textures within the wood. And your colourful is really eye catching too - that's a great catch up!.

Nigel, think there all great. My favourite is the book case (vast knowledge) I would never of thought of that. got to be followed by the horizontal steps

Chris

Colourful certainly is. I like graffiti when I don't have to live next to it. :D

and the Covered stairs makes an interesting image. (y)

Hiya Nigel

Rough - great take and I actually like the black space at the right of frame. I wonder if very slightly more DOF would have helped here, but it's a great shot as is. Definitely the first of the two shots, BTW.
Covered - that's super. Love the composition and the processing on this (y)
Colourful is definitely on theme and well captured. Perhaps lacks something compositionally but it's a busy image (necessarily) so haven't a clue what would make it stronger!

Top shots!

good catch up

Vast - I like the Pov
Rough - I like the 1st of the 2 best
Covered - a very striking picture
Colourful - is indeed very colourful good find for the theme

Vast - Good angle and I think it makes it book case more vast. Good Idea
Rough - really like both of these, perfect for the theme. Number two edges it for me though.
Covered - nice lines and a feeling of protection, the reflections are a real bonus. Well controlled image
Colourful - love graffiti when its like this and not mindless. Shame they don't get the recognition they deserve.

Hi Nigel. Another excellent catch-up. Like them all but Size and Stone stand out for me - movement blur in the first and the processing and composition of the latter. :clap:

Nice catch up Nigel, the head stone for me, nicely processed .

Hi Nigel. Another excellent catch-up. Like them all but Size and Stone stand out for me - movement blur in the first and the processing and composition of the latter. :clap:

Thanks Carl, was pleased with this set, hope to catch up a bit more this week all being well :)

Nice catch up Nigel, the head stone for me, nicely processed .

Thanks Cobra. (y)

Great catch up Nigel I really like your take on Entry

Thanks Mark, was struggling for that week but thought that kinda fitted :).

Nigel

My thoughts for what there worth !

Entry - Would never of thought of that, like the composition, B&W

Size - Again, I like the blur, colours, the rear end crop

Forgotten - I was tempted to search out some of these flowers, glad I didn't as your photo is great, focus DOF

Stone - My favourite, I really like the cross in the middle, texture, B&W

Nigel

My thoughts for what there worth !

Entry - Would never of thought of that, like the composition, B&W

Size - Again, I like the blur, colours, the rear end crop

Forgotten - I was tempted to search out some of these flowers, glad I didn't as your photo is great, focus DOF

Stone - My favourite, I really like the cross in the middle, texture, B&W

Thanks Chris, appreciate the comments :) I was hoping to get some poppy shots for forgotten but couldn't find any :-(., wasn't sure about Stone, I liked it in colour and B/W but seemed to work better in B/W.

Have to say Entry and Stone superb would perhaps loose the brick top right, photoshop it out maybe

Good catch up Nigel.

Stone ... yes superb, Wonky, distanced from the BG and nicely focussed daisies.(y)

A bit of a shoe horn, granted, but well captured Nigel :)

Hi Nigel... some great shots there!

Entry is an interesting image and the composition is very strong for me - I like the people in the background. Nicely done.

Size - super technical photo. You've panned brilliantly and the capture of the flames is superb. Brilliant and great skills on show :clap:

Forgotten is clever and nicely captured. Stone similarly and a nice conversion to boot - a couple of decent images.

The bee is lovely and in flight to boot. Once again, a demonstration of some very good skills! (y)

Hi Nigel... some great shots there!

Entry is an interesting image and the composition is very strong for me - I like the people in the background. Nicely done.

Size - super technical photo. You've panned brilliantly and the capture of the flames is superb. Brilliant and great skills on show :clap:

Forgotten is clever and nicely captured. Stone similarly and a nice conversion to boot - a couple of decent images.

The bee is lovely and in flight to boot. Once again, a demonstration of some very good skills! (y)

Thanks for the comments Paul, I like challenging myself with different subjects :)

Lovely detail in the Bee Nigel I really like it

thanks Mark, took enough shots so glad at least one worked :)

Wow that's an excellent capture Nigel. A bee in motion like that must have difficult ... it is for me anyway. Very well done. :clap:

I agree with the above comments about the bee shot well done for getting it in flight

Hi Nigel, well done with your catch up, four shots all bang on theme, Stone is an excellent find and perfect in the B&W . I also like your take on Forgotten .... a very original idea for the theme.

Well done too with the bee ..... I've had many attempts at one in flight and haven't managed it yet, top marks for catching that one so well :clap:

Hi Nigel, well done with your catch up, four shots all bang on theme, Stone is an excellent find and perfect in the B&W . I also like your take on Forgotten .... a very original idea for the theme.

Well done too with the bee ..... I've had many attempts at one in flight and haven't managed it yet, top marks for catching that one so well :clap:

Thanks for you comments Susie, also nice to be almost caught up for a change. :)

Hi Nigel. Great that you choose something completely different to offer for Signs - quite like the peek-a-boo view of the couple through the sails. Beautiful macro for Flora - love the DoF and the colour is superb. Bravo. :clap:

Agree with above about the flags, the flower is nice and sharp in the middle with a nice fall off to the edge of the petals, a bit tight in the frame though particulary the stalk end

Nice catch up Nigel !!!

Really like the Entry image, great dof and really like the positioning of the 777 (y)

Size works well too, great panning and capture of speed and movement, the flash of flame tops it nicely too :)

Stone - A great gravestone that, like the B&W conversion and the daisy's growing in front slightly covering it :)

Simply - Nice capture of the Bee :)

Signs - Love the flags, a very nice image for the theme :)

Flora - Good detail, nice colours and a spot on background - nice one :)

Nice catch up Nigel !!!

Really like the Entry image, great dof and really like the positioning of the 777 (y)

Size works well too, great panning and capture of speed and movement, the flash of flame tops it nicely too :)

Stone - A great gravestone that, like the B&W conversion and the daisy's growing in front slightly covering it :)

Simply - Nice capture of the Bee :)

Signs - Love the flags, a very nice image for the theme :)

Flora - Good detail, nice colours and a spot on background - nice one :)

Thanks DK, did miss read your last comment and spent five minutes look for spot in the background then re read what you said....:thinking:

Hi Nigel. Great that you choose something completely different to offer for Signs - quite like the peek-a-boo view of the couple through the sails. Beautiful macro for Flora - love the DoF and the colour is superb. Bravo. :clap:

Thanks Carl was hoping that I would come across these flags as I thought it would be a good fit for the theme.

Agree with above about the flags, the flower is nice and sharp in the middle with a nice fall off to the edge of the petals, a bit tight in the frame though particulary the stalk end

Thanks Allan, know what you mean on the framing thou.

Hi Nigel,

Signs, nice alternative and I like the signs in the gaps, bold colours

Floral, nice delicate photo. the OOF background suits it well

Back