TP 52'ers Class of 2016 Discussion thread Week 52 we made it! time to celebrate /( celebrations)

Don't forget we had to wait until FRIDAY last week :runaway:
Actually, we are all lucky, I got rained off ( it doesn't happen very often)
I won't say that I'll be Horizontal but I'll certainly be relaxing for the rest of the day (y)

Although I have an f1.8 too. Just never use it because I love my f4 zoom too much. :p

I think I'll shoot a vertical field and rotate it. :thinking:

Not going 1.4 then Paul?

YAY !!! Horizontal - Two birds with one stone with that theme :banana:

Typical though, I did actually take one on this last weekend at the seaside for my 'Horizontal Strips' project :banghead:

Horizontal Strips - 15 - Wall and Rails by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Horizontal. Hmmmm
Flat.
Does a knackered Duracell AA count?

Ok, I've managed to shoot my image for Horizontal.

I used some fairly sophisticated lighting setups - basically dividing the image into three portions, vertically. In the top third I constructed a lightfield source, and replicated this at the very bottom of the image as well. In the middle I set up a large gobo which neatly meshed with those above and below - the intention was to create a darkfield middle third.

I then placed my subject in the middle and after carefully balancing the exposure, I got the image I was after.

blackstripe_2.jpg

I think it's a keeper.

Technically one can sense it is an image that delivers geometrics in an neo-expressionistic style. I'm sure some will view it negatively perhaps in the mistaken view that it was influenced by the common minus sign but such simple views are to be expected from ... well, clearly simple minds. Really like it - would be great if you would post up your lighting and exposure set-up.

Looking outside it might just be thunder :(

really... as i cant find any shades dark enough to stop this glare :D

....BUT now i realise its thursday... doh... im so ...?? is it thursday??? its weds surely.?? where did weds go then ??

really... as i cant find any shades dark enough to stop this glare :D ....BUT now i realise its thursday... doh... im so ...?? is it thursday??? its weds surely.?? where did weds go then ??
Cannot swear to it but I'm sure it tailgated Tuesday

Just need a little "A" and we have a pirate theme instead.
Avast me hearties!
Either that or computer anti-virus software :D

( Hmmm now there's a plan, one screen grab coming up :D )

OMFG.... that's it land blubbers....I'm defo out at the weekend.... and travelling the lengths and breasts of the country in search of VASTness.... and I know where to start looking.....

Great word this week (y) .... even if my horizontal wasn't quite....well...horizontal...... ;)

Back