weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

YOU do manual work :p

Works really well, Dean. Great concentration on your face. I don't mind the hat issue.

Nice motion blur in the shavings and nice DOF.

Have to say no real crit from me on this one.

Cheers.

YOU do manual work :p
It has been know yes, not just a pen pusher :D

Works really well, Dean. Great concentration on your face. I don't mind the hat issue.

Nice motion blur in the shavings and nice DOF.

Have to say no real crit from me on this one.

Cheers.
Cool, thank you Andy :cool:

Just a tad more hat would have been preferable, but hey when I got the hat in a shot I missed the focus on the front end of the planer :banghead: :D

That's a great shot for Smooth. Original idea and well captured. The OOF shavings were a great idea and work really well.
Thank you too Steve, glad it appeals so far :)

That's a brilliant shot Dean .. especially having to produce and take the starring role as well Wow! Bravo. I like all the movement blur against the sharp focus on your hands. :clap:

Think you did a lot better than I wood lol, a good shot showing a craftsman at work, like the chips flying and and the serious look on the face (y)
Hahaaa thank you David, the concentration was trying to get the timing right :D

That's a brilliant shot Dean .. especially having to produce and take the starring role as well Wow! Bravo. I like all the movement blur against the sharp focus on your hands. :clap:
Cheers Carl, very nice of you to say :cool:

Works well for the theme have no idea why you would be wearing a hard hat :thinking:
Thanks Allan :) - Well, hard hat was trying to make it look more construction site working, rather than just some random guy in his garden :D

Smooth - I like this alot, and a spot of proof that men can actually do a bit of multitasking:p. What with having to pose for picture and operate a camera at the same time, I am impressed with your skills. My bit of crit is the bright spot on the ring and just above by your thumb, I find my eye is very much drawn to that.

I like this a lot. Great idea for the theme too :)
Wouldn`t mind seeing it in mono?

Another selfie! Works well with the concentrated look on your face and the flying wood shavings. But man, you need a remote shutter release for your camera :)

Great idea, nicely captured. I can imagine it took a bit of getting right but it works for me.

Nice action shot, I did something similar with a handsaw when I was boarding out my garage roof for storage.

(y)

Well done, hard enough to get the shot never mind putting yourself in it too. Great take on the theme too:)

We'll done DK, to set that up and then have to dash into the frame is brilliant ...love all the shavings flying up in the air. The things we do for this challenge :)
Thank you Susie :) - I do wonder what my neighbours must think at times :D

Smooth - I like this alot, and a spot of proof that men can actually do a bit of multitasking:p. What with having to pose for picture and operate a camera at the same time, I am impressed with your skills. My bit of crit is the bright spot on the ring and just above by your thumb, I find my eye is very much drawn to that.
Thank you Mandy, I have had a look back and see what you mean, well spotted :)

I like this a lot. Great idea for the theme too :)
Wouldn`t mind seeing it in mono?
Hmmm now that's a thought, Noted... thank you Paul (y)

Wow - that is a really ambitious shot Dean and I think you've pulled it off brilliantly! I like the composition of the lines in the brickwork (?) behind you as well as the flying shavings.
Thank yuo Em :) - Yes that is brickwork, I kept setting the shot up and had to keep moving along as to not get a window in the shot, I had to remove a hanging basket too :D

One of my favourites from Smooth, love the flying wood.
Cool - thank you Clive :cool: (y)

Another selfie! Works well with the concentrated look on your face and the flying wood shavings. But man, you need a remote shutter release for your camera :)
Hahaaaa thank you Bernd :) - I have a couple of remotes, but with my hands full (both in view) unless I could activate it with a clentch of my buttocks I struggle to see how to use on in this instance :D

Ten out of ten for endeavour, well thought out.:)
Thank you Walter :)

Great idea, nicely captured. I can imagine it took a bit of getting right but it works for me.
Cheers Chris - and yes it took a bit :D :)

Nice action shot, I did something similar with a handsaw when I was boarding out my garage roof for storage.

(y)
Thank you, glad to hear I'm not the only one running about :)

Well done, hard enough to get the shot never mind putting yourself in it too. Great take on the theme too:)
Thank you Georgina, the things we do for the 52 challenge hey :)

Brilliant shot, did not know we had any craftsman left in the UK!

I decided this week to take my photo today (Sunday) and when opening up the blinds this morning and seeing how grey and miserable it looked I decided to take a trip down the road again to the seaside...

The idea was to get a simple shot, minimal but bright and include nothing but Sand, Sea and Sky...

Once there I drove up and down the sea front looking for a good location and decided to go near the harbour where I saw a boat in the distance, I tried a couple of shots without the boat in, but to me there was no scale or sense of vastness, so I aimed to get it in on purpose but held back in the misty conditions.

I had a few images to choose from, I preferred this one with the diagonal surf and the bright sun trying to fight through, and to get it to work for me I must say I cloned out A LOT of elements on the sand and in the shallow surf :)

So here we have - Week 6 - a 'Whole' lot of nothing

Wk 6 - Whole by TP DK, on Flickr

Excellent, not sure if the thing on the horizon should stay or go, love the colour in it
Thank you Allan :)

I agree about the boat, I like the shot without it in too, but prefer it in for scale, there is still a whole lot of nothing space :D

Another Excellent...I like that you choose the Diagonal surf as it adds interest to the image. .Did you use any filters for the water ?

Cheers
Kath

Simple and effective Dean. Almost a blank canvas but enough there just to emphasise the nothingness. Like the subdued colours between beach and sea.

Another Excellent...I like that you choose the Diagonal surf as it adds interest to the image. .Did you use any filters for the water ?

Cheers
Kath
Thank you Kath :)

Yes I did use a filter, seems the sky and sea intensity was equal for a change I did not need a ND filter, but I did use my Lee 'Big Stopper' to smooth out the sea as it was extremely rough, I did try my 'Little Stopper' but that gave too much definition :)

Simple and effective Dean. Almost a blank canvas but enough there just to emphasise the nothingness. Like the subdued colours between beach and sea.
Thank you Carl, and as usual nicely put, I like the emphasising the nothingness :)

Great shot Dean like the muted colours but not sure about the the the boat on the horizon as well but overall works really well. (y)
Haaaa Thank you too Nigel, I did wonder how many people would be unsure, Mrs DK thought it should be out :D

Yeah, the boat add scale....but loose it ;)

Like it. Muted tones, nice diagonals, nice movement in the water. Losse that shell and it's bang on.

Cheers.
Damn... okay point taken :LOL:

Thanks Andy, will do an edit tomorrow when back on the PC :)

Hi Dean thought it was time I dropped by.......

Song/Lyric - Love the composition some lovely detail and it locks a very tranquil scene.

Order - Great image for the theme hows the lens?

Comfort - I really like the framing and DoF on that the bright yellow really pulls you to the main subject

Hairy - Great detail in boh images a great take on the theme

Smooth - Lovely action shot although he obviously doesn't do H&S!

Whole - I like the subtle of the image.

Hi Dean thought it was time I dropped by.......
About time too :bat:

:D

Song/Lyric - Love the composition some lovely detail and it locks a very tranquil scene.
Thanks Mark :)

Order - Great image for the theme hows the lens?
I wish lol :LOL:

Comfort - I really like the framing and DoF on that the bright yellow really pulls you to the main subject
Cool... thanks again :)

Hairy - Great detail in boh images a great take on the theme
Cheers :)

Smooth - Lovely action shot although he obviously doesn't do H&S!
I know... I certainly wasnt going to go down the 5 point PPE route, I did try a viz-vest but it was was too bright & distracting, some subtle gloves would have been a good idea to take attention away from my ring, and I really should have put goggles on too, but couldn't be arsed :whistle:

Whole - I like the subtle of the image.
Thanks a lot Mark for the big catch up (y)

Beautiful. :clap:

'Whole' lot of nothing except something on the horizon, but now I realise why you left it.

Back