weekly Tyredout2's 52 challenge 2012 #9 "Money"

A good interpretation of the theme and a good grab shot - i wish my grab shots were as clear as this!:)

good luck with next weeks theme!

Thanks Sarah , thats the result of upgrading to the 7d , well worth the extra dosh.

Cheers

Steve

Very good grab shot! As said the colours do leap out and I like the shadow, just adds that little bit of depth.

Hi Steve,

I think the wonky bottle looks good. Nice colour and plenty of interest. I don't know what you were thinking though buying a bannana liquour. YuuuuK!

The secure digital is an angle that hadn't even occured to me. Good idea. Maybe a bit noisy as has been said already but nice all the same.

Very simple, I like it. But I agree with DK that it needs a different background.

Thanks all..

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve.

Just doing a bit of selective catching up. You are my 17th and last for this morning!

Sweet - like it a lot. I tried something similar with a bottle and bright colours. Nice background and a good shot. Looks a bit like a poster that the manufacturer would use so good illustration of product

Secue - why didn't we all think of that:bonk:

Thanx for stopping by , i've not been round any yet so it could be a lomg night....

Cheers

Steve

Sigh – A like the use of a triptych

Sweet – Nicely lit

Secure – Nicely exposed but I think I’d have liked a different background colour to make it stand out more

Sweet - nice bold colours and it def looks to me like it's the bottle which is wonky not the shot. Nice lighting.

Secure - simple and technically correct (as far as I know anyway) but not keen on the background.

I agree , should have used a different background but it was a total rush job , next time hopefully i'll have more time.

Cheers

Steve

Week 6 "Industry"

This was an easy one for me , i've checked the rules and it's ok to post this , it was taken awhile back and shows a couple of the toys i get to play with every month down in Cornwall.

6824403549_e4c0a49950_z.jpg

New Shot Added

6917556313_6b14839aea_z.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Bang on theme but you've done what I always do and just miss the context side of things that would make a good shot great.

For me either a closer shot of the vehicles to emphasise their size or a wider shot to emphasise the size of the quarry which would in turn emphasise the vehicles too.

Ooooooohhh, I've like to have a go at driving one of them :D

Bit too close for me..I'd like to see a bit more context.

Cheers.

Definitely agree there, good shot but a wide shot showing the size of the quarry or wherever it is might have told the story "industry" a bit better?

Bang on theme but you've done what I always do and just miss the context side of things that would make a good shot great.

For me either a closer shot of the vehicles to emphasise their size or a wider shot to emphasise the size of the quarry which would in turn emphasise the vehicles too.

This was taken awhile ago so i was only interested in the vehicles , the actual shot is not much wider than this so wouldnt have shown any real scale for the size of the place.
But you never know what the coming challenges might bring....

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve...

nice take on Industry...I'd love to have a go in one of those as well :D

Nice n sharp , love that you can see the driver which helps give a bit of scale but , as has been mentiond , a bigger view would have worked a treat (y)

Hi steve liking industry, nice and sharp, but yes agree with the others a little close

I want to drive one too!
:agree:

It's a good shot though and on theme(y)

Hi Steve...

nice take on Industry...I'd love to have a go in one of those as well :D

Nice n sharp , love that you can see the driver which helps give a bit of scale but , as has been mentiond , a bigger view would have worked a treat (y)

Cross my palm with silver and i might be able to get you spin in one...
Mind you you'd have to sit through hours of Elf & Saftey stuff first though :bang:

Cheers

Steve

Good take on industry. Definitely fits in with the theme. Bet they are interesting vehicles to take some close up shots of.

I'm down there later this month so i might try and get someting different if the weathers ok..

Cheers

Steve

Can I play, can I can I can I?

Great shot!

I want to drive one too!

:agree:

It's a good shot though and on theme(y)

Me too on both counts :)

Cross my palm with silver and i might be able to get you spin in one...
Mind you you'd have to sit through hours of Elf & Saftey stuff first though :bang:

Cheers

Steve[/QUOTE

Elf n safety no problem...I'm the H&S co-ord at work :eek: & Kings Lynn ain't that far....:naughty:

Ahh but these ain't in Kings Lynn , they be down in Cornwall oohh arrgghh... and Elf n Safety states crossing of palm with silver is #1 on the risk assement.. oh and plenty of it , diesel ain't cheap...

Cheers

Steve

Spot on theme, but a bit of a snap - definitely would be helped with wider for context or closer for detail.

Back