weekly Vanishedbob's 52 Thread 2020

Having been to (and even worked for a little bit) in Pudsey, I can't help thinking this washing machine raises the property values in the area ;)
It is shameful how people can't be bothered to take things to the dump.
Even more surprising that the keepers of the pies and keys haven't picked it up to weigh in at the local scrappy.

As an image, I'm not really sure what to make if it. I think there might be more impact if there was more context? Dunno... YMMV.

Just catching up!!

Music - A great mix of imagery, it either fell right or you arranged it this way, thinking the latter with angle of the "Heaven 17" text but either way, great image.

Colourful - Great bit of graffiti, at least you now the artists know something about covid, even if its only how you spell it.
My attempts would be more like the "knob", although it probably too neat even for that!!

Something Old - A familiar sight wherever there is any significant bridge. Wonder how many of the people are still together!
Might work well in B&W which would take away the yellow contrast more. I like the last one the most without any distracting background to worry about.

Liquid - I like the timing of the shot with their being gaps between all the waves, might also work without the sky as a longer exposure (or blurred in post!)

A Household Item - A sign of the disposable society we live in ,though I'm sure the local council offer free uploads for this equipment, normally only fridges they do not want.
Hopefully it will not be there long enough that the land adopts it and the weeds start to grow through it!! Nice processing and great light on the left hand side.

household item - a shame that people dump their rubbish on the side of the road, but good photo opportunity for you. I like the juxtaposition of nature vs man made rubbish

Even more surprising that the keepers of the pies and keys haven't picked it up to weigh in at the local scrappy.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Great image for liquid. I like the recession caused by the waves and horizon that lead my eye into the image.
Household is a sad state of affairs today with how people treat the environment.

Well spotted household item not in a household. At least the council dumps have reopened now (albeit on an appointment only system in Leeds).

Week 23. Hidden (Away)

Richmond Bridge over the Leeds Liverpool Canal, Just down from Leeds Dock area. This was initially going to be a photo of the graffiti, hidden away under the bridge, but then during the shoot, I realised there also was a tent pitched underneath, hidden away from the plethora of cyclists, joggers and Lunch Hour walkers on the main towpath. There are a few tent camps set up by the homeless in that area of Leeds. Notably on the very busy Armley Gyratory and the car park on the site of the old Olympic Sized Pool. I wouldn't normally intrude without permission but there seemed to be nobody there and I had already intended to photograph the graffiti. I hope the bridge is a safe and warm haven for any occupant(s).

IMG_0638-2 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

I like the lines of the steel in the bridge and the concrete of the canal wall, minor point it seems to need a bit of a turn anticlock wise

Great lines in a near perfect reflection. I really like this - nicely observed and shot. I fear I would have walked past this without seeing the beauty.

Hidden is a lovely image. I really like the reflections and lines and the graffiti adds just enough colour to it as well. The composition works perfectly as my eyes were drawn right along the image. Great job.

Superb image for "Hidden." Lines, reflection, clarity - it's all there!

Great image, well observed - as has been said I think it would benefit from a slight rotation to make the water horizontal.

Really Nice image David, the colour of the graffiti really stands out with the reflection adding to it. The lines of the steel girders. It took a while to see the tent so not an issue.

Pete

Great hidden David, I didn't spot the tent until I looked a bit harder.
It seems to merge into the graffiti, maybe that was their plan in siting there?

Love this one David. The lines, colour and reflection make a cracking shot. I wouldn't have seen the tent if you hadn't mentioned it.. so its very well hidden!

Hidden great colours and the reflection of the lines of the underside of the bridge really draw you into the image. great colours too.

Household item
Really like the composition and processing.

Hidden
That's really good, superb reflection.

I like the colours and reflection on this and you've handled the lighting really well to keep all the detail in the shadows.

Baby Swans - can't miss :D

Looks like Dad

Nice family group David. Well taken and processed

Hidden shot is superb, like the swans too.

Small
Who wouldn't like a baby bird photo?
I like the subdued background, it really helps to show off the Swan family.

Week 25. Snapper's Choice.

Hectic couple of weeks here, so barely been on the site. This in mind, I am submitting an archive shot from May 2019. An unnamed runner from that Year's 2019 Leeds Half Marathon. This was the first event I shot on full Manual in which I was happy with a lot of the results. This was my favourite photo from the day.

IMG_0779 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

It is a cropped version of this one. But personally thought the crop was a better choice for the 52.

IMG_0779 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

The first seems to have a photo-realistic high quality painting look to it, which may be from the slight resolution/quality change with cropping combined with great contrast, but either way it is very striking. The more you look at it the more details seem to emerge, which for me gives the crop a lead over the wider shot.

The crop works well for me because of the reflections in the sunglasses showing the road ahead - not so prominent in the uncropped image.

#1 for me too, David.
tis nice expressive portrait.

Good portrait.. full of grit and determination. I think the crop works well.

Back