WALLYBOYS 52 FOR 2018. HOME AND ROUND ADDED

People - plenty of people to be seen in this image, I think you did well with this image. But I feel if the actors on stage were more central in the frame and the stage was level, it would make it a much stronger image.

Stark - works for the theme, but the background is a bit noisy and the subject doesn't hold much interest for me sadly.

The dead plant stands out from the BG beautifully... and works for the theme. (y)

Nice separation from the background, I think it works... my main critique would be that it's a bit messy at the bottom, maybe you could have broken off a branch or two...

I do like your image for People, Walter, with those strong, warm colours and the added interest of the people in the audience as well as those on the stage. It works very well (y) Stark is slightly busy for me and I might have cropped a little from the right hand side, but the main subject is a good choice and stands out well from the darker background.

Over - looks like the bird has found himself a tasty treat to eat, and it does look like the worms life will be "over" once the bird has finished, crit wise I think I would like the focus to have been more on the worm and the head of the bird. However I do like the detail you have lept in the birds feathers, time to look forward to the next theme.

It's certainly over for that worn, nice shot

Wow, what a photo! Very sharp, and it is indeed over for the poor worm (y)

I don't think there is a focus issue, it looks more to me like the worm was wriggling and I suspect that there would have been little you could do to increase the shutter speed without increasing the ISO.
Nice to see an action shot.

Good shot how long did you have to wait for that one? Like Tim I assume it was motion blur on the worm rather than lack of focus.

That's a very nice Over shot Sir, and works well with the theme, well composed with good colour.(y)

George.

Aged is a cracking shot that goes beautifully in mono, can`t fault it at all. Sharp is a good one too Walter, love the placing of the sharp screw and the negative space on the right. Two very good shots and bang on theme (y)(y)(y)

Exactly what Dave said

Good shot that would fit a business card with a logo in the space. Fits the bill.

I like the composition and the colours! Nice, clean and simple!

It’s You! You got picked on my comment rota.

Week 4 - Well aged crosses. Works well in b&w.
Week 5 - Sharp - Nice simple and to the 'point'. Not sure what the blur is at bottom right corner though.

I like that you got the gun pointing at a ship, good composition for the subject

Thick carpet, hard thing to convey in a photo but the setting and colours give the expectation of a thick carpet

Back