weekly Wasn`t enjoying it anymore *52* 2012 ... Given Up

It took me a while to get my eye in on this, but it's very clever. You have a very shiny fridge top!

Is it me though or does it seem a little soft?

Thanks ....

Probably soft, due to 150 macro @ f2.8 amd super narrow DoF :LOL: focus was on the left main part of the spring, from about a foot and a half away ...

Shiny: A very interesting shot. It took me a few seconds to figure out exactly what was going on, but in this case that's a good thing. I like it a lot and don't mind that it's a little soft.

Oh, and Paulie, I think if you updated your thread title to reflect that you've posted a new entry you'd get more feedback!

Shiny: A very interesting shot. It took me a few seconds to figure out exactly what was going on, but in this case that's a good thing. I like it a lot and don't mind that it's a little soft.

Oh, and Paulie, I think if you updated your thread title to reflect that you've posted a new entry you'd get more feedback!

Thanks, Nat` .... I`m far too lazy to adjust the title every time ... As it is, I keep forgetting to update the spreadsheet :LOL:

Shiny - wow that is quick off the mark. Nice pic - I like the symmetry. Mike

Wow Paulie, that was another fast one....
Very good shot and idea.

Thanks guys (y)

Who doesn't like a nice shiny Slinky (y)

I like the composition it's a cracking idea.

I'd like to see a B&W as I feel it would work. Being picky, I'd like to see the left inside edge of the slinky pulled in a bit to help the symmetry.

Cheers.

Clever - and would never of guessed it was a fridge!

Money - That's an excellent shot, great sense of movement yet pin sharp :clap:

Win - Simple, clean but very effective, nice shot

Shiny - Again very effective indeed, nice colour and a great filled frame

Who doesn't like a nice shiny Slinky (y)

I like the composition it's a cracking idea.

I'd like to see a B&W as I feel it would work. Being picky, I'd like to see the left inside edge of the slinky pulled in a bit to help the symmetry.

Cheers.

Thanks, peeps .....
Andy, i`m sure I can sort a B&W version out, and I know what you mean about that Left edge (ya bugger , I thought i`d got away without anyone noticing) :LOL:

Lovely shot for shiny. I like the abstract nature of it.

Money, good idea and as said allready shame about the shadow.
Win, simple and effective, nice
The abstract version of shiny is very good and unique.

Money, good idea and as said allready shame about the shadow.
Win, simple and effective, nice
The abstract version of shiny is very good and unique.

Thanks John

I thought I had commented on win but obviously not lol, great composition and lighting on the ticket........did you win?

Matt

Shiny - very clever i like it a lot

Hi

Win - simple, good use of colour and and a very good composition, restraining from showing the whole of the ticket

Shiny - good spot for theme. I like the way that the colour is different in the reflection.

My only gripe would be to agree with posiview about the symmetry. The trouble I find with symmetry is that if it is not bang on, it is always noticeable, whereas i can get away with something off centre.

Money - Nice shot

Win - Loving this one. Cracking lighting and composition

Shiny - Another good one. I like the use of the patterns and colour.

Shiny - very clever i like it a lot

Hi

Win - simple, good use of colour and and a very good composition, restraining from showing the whole of the ticket

Shiny - good spot for theme. I like the way that the colour is different in the reflection.

My only gripe would be to agree with posiview about the symmetry. The trouble I find with symmetry is that if it is not bang on, it is always noticeable, whereas i can get away with something off centre.

Thanks guys ..
Alan, I`ll work on that symmetery thing (y)

I like the way you have the two tones of colour in this it works really well, I have no problem with the symmetry but I do find it hard to pick a focus point

I like the way you have the two tones of colour in this it works really well, I have no problem with the symmetry but I do find it hard to pick a focus point

Win - I take it you didnt win then? Good simple clear and crisp shot.

Shiny - love the reflection and effect. Simple idea but so interesting.

Clever little shiny shot there, nice one.

Thanks guys ... Alex ... nope, no win :LOL:

Hot off the blocks again ....
Sequin fabric, draped over lightbox, lit by two goose neck lamps, and bounced flash ....

Magical, Mickey Mouse

Magical by Paulie W, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lummie that was quick!
Nice idea but I reckon you could lose the shadow on the right side of his face.

Clever idea Paulie. The backdrop is very inventive and works well. (y)

I would agree about the shadow and I would add that the pointed finger looks a bit oof to me. Also have you thought of cloning out the two orangey part sequins either side of the hat?

It hits the theme perfectly - well done for being so fast off the mark:clap:

Lummie that was quick!
Nice idea but I reckon you could lose the shadow on the right side of his face.

Yup, very quick for this week! Mind you magical does say Disney so best get it in before everyone else(y)

I like it, agree that the shadow could go but it doesn't ruin it for me! I think the sequin backdrop is rather a clever touch.

Magical

You dont waste time Paulie. Great idea and good shot, like the sparkles behind Mickey..... i had the same idea but with a teddy version

Clever idea Paulie. The backdrop is very inventive and works well. (y)

I would agree about the shadow and I would add that the pointed finger looks a bit oof to me. Also have you thought of cloning out the two orangey part sequins either side of the hat?

It hits the theme perfectly - well done for being so fast off the mark:clap:

Good thinking, would try and loose the shadow on the face but other than that good take, liking the background very much. Subtle but compliments well.

Cheers all
Will look at that shadow, and prolly re-take (y)

Last edited:
Hi,

Great idea with the backdrop in magical, for me I think I would prefer to see the whole of Micky mouse in focus? The OOF hands just keep distracting me.

Still a great picture though.

Matt

Hi,

Great idea with the backdrop in magical, for me I think I would prefer to see the whole of Micky mouse in focus? The OOF hands just keep distracting me.

Still a great picture though.

Matt

Cheers Matt

Trouble was getting the DoF right for the BG bokeh, against the pointing finger in focus ... Thinking about it, maybe I could have stacked a few shots together to get him all in focus ... next time.

Nice, like the crop and the over all compostition. Good stuff

Thanks Alex .... I did take a few :LOL: And at one stage, had the camera in one hand, a goose neck lamp in the other, whilst sprawled accross the floor :wacky:

Hi Paulie, liked the 1st one, but the 2nd one you posted is even better. Liking the lighting and background.

Thanks, Michael .... forgot that #1 would dissapear, due to replacing the shot on flickr :bonk:

Back