weekly Week 31 - Mono

Hi Everton, where you been mate?

Well done on the catch up.

Shape - Tick
Space - Tick
Plenty - Tick
Speed - The fairground shot is much better then the sign imho. Nice use of shutter "speed" :)
Steps - Well Claire was always my favourite but from your two I prefer the bottom one. I have a "thing" for signs that say "no this, no that" anyway but I think it makes a story in your shot, these are exit steps only! :)

Mono - No tick yet... :LOL:

Hi, quick catch up:

Shape, on theme, but not keen on the placement. Square crop, maybe. Nice colours, though.

Space, Lakes (y) again, on theme and well placed cyclists. Nice detail in the sky.

Plenty, nice colours and shallow DOF. I'd like to them out of the bowl as not keen on seeing it on the upper section.

Speed 2 for me. Nice colours and motion blur.

Steps 2 for me, the sigh add some narrative. Crop on the left for me.

Cheers.

Hi Everton, on catchup mission again, sorry! Movement: some problems, as has been said, but for me the best bit is definitely the fountain in the middle, which has lovely textures and a definite, unstable mass to it that says Movement even if it has been frozen.

Below: maybe not quite enough here? A person below the pier looking away, perhaps?

Size: oh yes, absolutely size. Might have worked slightly better with the little boat a bit more to the left (under the leftmost two figures on the big boat), and going the other way! OK, I know for a shot like this, you go with what you can get, and it's very nice.

Process: not excited by this one; on theme but not an interesting photo in itself, I think, sorry.

Rock no 2 (with boat): yes, I like this. Seems to me the shot is made by that dark area in the sky top left...

Pair: I like the rings and the composition but it seems to me that the whole of both rings should be at least reasonably sharp. Maybe you'd need some focus stacking to achieve it?

Shape: interesting, lovely colour. At first I thought the subject was too central, but in fact there is sufficient other off-balance elements (colour, shape, texture etc) for the central position to work just fine.

Reshoot Space: like it, but the cyclists a bit closer perhaps?

Plenty: nice colours and textures, works well. Out of focus foregrounds are always risky and can be distracting, but this seems to have worked out OK.

Speed: no 1 is a bit static, no 2 is quite nice, but the subject/background colour being so much the same makes it hard to see the speeding cars.

Steps no 2 for me: somewhat grim and grey, but the No Admittance sign really makes it. Impressive catchup!

HI ya

Speed....cracking shot , colors , movement....love it :clap:

Steps....#1 for me....looks as if the steps go up to nowhere ?

Shape.....lovely color & shape but a tad to central

Space..... nicely sharp with a good feeling of space , the distant cyclists draw you in to the image , good detail in the sky (y)

Hi Everton, where you been mate?

Well done on the catch up.

Shape - Tick
Space - Tick
Plenty - Tick
Speed - The fairground shot is much better then the sign imho. Nice use of shutter "speed" :)
Steps - Well Claire was always my favourite but from your two I prefer the bottom one. I have a "thing" for signs that say "no this, no that" anyway but I think it makes a story in your shot, these are exit steps only! :)

Mono - No tick yet... :LOL:

Hi, quick catch up:

Shape, on theme, but not keen on the placement. Square crop, maybe. Nice colours, though.

Space, Lakes (y) again, on theme and well placed cyclists. Nice detail in the sky.

Plenty, nice colours and shallow DOF. I'd like to them out of the bowl as not keen on seeing it on the upper section.

Speed 2 for me. Nice colours and motion blur.

Steps 2 for me, the sigh add some narrative. Crop on the left for me.

Cheers.

Hi mate,

I love the colours in re-shoot space and plenty. Good stuff.

Hi Everton, on catchup mission again, sorry! Movement: some problems, as has been said, but for me the best bit is definitely the fountain in the middle, which has lovely textures and a definite, unstable mass to it that says Movement even if it has been frozen.

Below: maybe not quite enough here? A person below the pier looking away, perhaps?

Size: oh yes, absolutely size. Might have worked slightly better with the little boat a bit more to the left (under the leftmost two figures on the big boat), and going the other way! OK, I know for a shot like this, you go with what you can get, and it's very nice.

Process: not excited by this one; on theme but not an interesting photo in itself, I think, sorry.

Rock no 2 (with boat): yes, I like this. Seems to me the shot is made by that dark area in the sky top left...

Pair: I like the rings and the composition but it seems to me that the whole of both rings should be at least reasonably sharp. Maybe you'd need some focus stacking to achieve it?

Shape: interesting, lovely colour. At first I thought the subject was too central, but in fact there is sufficient other off-balance elements (colour, shape, texture etc) for the central position to work just fine.

Reshoot Space: like it, but the cyclists a bit closer perhaps?

Plenty: nice colours and textures, works well. Out of focus foregrounds are always risky and can be distracting, but this seems to have worked out OK.

Speed: no 1 is a bit static, no 2 is quite nice, but the subject/background colour being so much the same makes it hard to see the speeding cars.

Steps no 2 for me: somewhat grim and grey, but the No Admittance sign really makes it. Impressive catchup!

HI ya

Speed....cracking shot , colors , movement....love it :clap:

Steps....#1 for me....looks as if the steps go up to nowhere ?

Shape.....lovely color & shape but a tad to central

Space..... nicely sharp with a good feeling of space , the distant cyclists draw you in to the image , good detail in the sky (y)

Thank you all for taking a look, for the last third and abit I must improve my feedback to others. Thanks again for all the feedback so far :love:

Three pence piece. Oh, the memories.

Good detail and exposure.

With macro photographs like this the composition has to be spot on and I think a (very) slight CW rotation is needed. I was going to say I'm surprised Lynne missed this, but re-read her post and she didn't :D

As said, a few slight specks on the BG.

Good show.

Strange that we can see the top edge of the coin, like as if you shot it upside down and turned it round? - or is it standing up? argh, my brain hurts.

Back