2011 Photo52 Week 03

SarahLee

TPer Emerita
Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
No
And the theme for week 3 is <drum roll> . . .

Style

An interesting one. Different styles of photography coming up this week perhaps ??? :thinking:

For those who haven't seen it yet, Dawn (Drodd) has created a spreadsheet in Google docs with a list of all this year's 52ers.
Thank you Dawn. Should be very useful - and I think it's open for everyone to update with their own name / links if they want to.

Linky : https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhTphN7dSXDadEtvTm5idXo2ajZTOVI5Qy01VU10a1E&hl=en_GB&authkey=CK7rjrAE

I can't take any credit for the spreadsheet - that was all Dawn's work!
But I believe that people are filling in crosses once they've shot that week's theme.

great Idea but can you tell me why my name and some others are in red have i forgot to do something ?(y)

great Idea but can you tell me why my name and some others are in red have i forgot to do something ?(y)

I'm sure that Dawn will confirm, but I think that the names in red were people who had expressed an interest in joining, but when Dawn set the sheet up the threads weren't yet set up to link to.
You should be able to make it black if you want to.

I'm sure that Dawn will confirm, but I think that the names in red were people who had expressed an interest in joining, but when Dawn set the sheet up the threads weren't yet set up to link to.

ok thanks thought i done something wrong lol (y)

What a great service to us all and another way to prod ourselves into action if we are a little behind.

Like school register :)

Paul

ha, doing the last two weeks on the first sunday has meant sitting and twiddling my thumbs for the rest of the week, waiting for the following week to be announced. Maybe I should hold back a bit this week and not submit my shot straight away!

I'm really struggling with this one. Tried a few of ideas, but not happy with any of the pics so far. Down to my last couple ideas. Problem is my togging skills can't keep up with what I can see in my head.

Have spent all week thinking about this and now it's the last day, its raining outside, and im stumped. The worst thing is that we had a customer event at Mercedez Benz World where they have a car museum. There was tonnes of style there but I didn't take my camera lol. Arrrghhhhh..
Must get thinking hat on!

how long till week 4 is announced ? Keen & eager to start :)

I think that any new threads in this area have to be scrutinised and vetted by a mod, that was certainly the hold up last week. Sarah had sent it, but it was waiting for approval before displaying.

can the new themes not be mentioned where we've all got our threads...surely then there won't be a delay...and it can be a sticky at the top..?? :shrug:

can the new themes not be mentioned where we've all got our threads...surely then there won't be a delay...and it can be a sticky at the top..?? :shrug:

The only problem I see with that is that if it wasn't stickied it would very quickly disappear off the front page due to the volume of traffic in that area and people wouldn't be able to find it.
And in order for it to be stickied, it would still need moderator intervention.

The site staff probably get dozens of notifications every day between submissions in here and the other RTMs, so I'm sure they'll get to it as soon as possible.

I suppose that I could add a list of themes to the first post of the 2011 "Join Us" thread and update that every week at the same time as I submit the specific discussion thread for that week :thinking:

EDIT : Just done it. It's at the bottom of the first post.

Last edited:
So week 4 is open as in we can do anything we like?

Open is the theme - as in opposite of closed, so take a shot illustrating your interpretation of it.

"Open" is the word that was on the card ;) :LOL:
How you choose to interpret it is entirely up to you.

You can take it on face value as a theme in itself and choose to photograph something that portrays the word "open".
Or as people have said above, it's open to a second interpretation and you can take it as an "open week" where you can do anything that you want.

Unlike the jokers and re-shoot weeks this isn't a "special feature" of the 52 though. It is a genuine theme.
Hope that helps.

I have been that busy with my 52 and 365 and so many other things lately I totally missed this thread, so I do apologise for not getting round to answering some of the question, but thanks Sarah, Simon and others for replying to some of the questions regards the spreadsheet.

I hope you are finding it useful, I know it helps me keep track of where I am and who I have replied to, as I have saved a copy of the spreadsheet to my desktop where I can mark who I have replied to each week. Just my way of being able to make sure I don't miss any of your great shots for each theme.

Thanks SarahLee for taking the reigns on this Photo52, you are doing a sterling job (y) and the themes have been very interesting and challenging.

Thanks also to all of you, and other TP members who have taken the time to leave comments and critique. There are so many of us involved in the challenge this year and it is great to see the work that people are producing, and getting to know some folk too.

I have tagged a few of the messages from this thread that I will try to reply to now, so I apologise if this is a long post, but I don't want to miss anyone out:

<snip> For those who haven't seen it yet, Dawn (Drodd) has created a spreadsheet in Google docs with a list of all this year's 52ers.
Thank you Dawn. Should be very useful - and I think it's open for everyone to update with their own name / links if they want to.

Thanks Sarah, you are most welcome. I am glad to see that folk approve of the spreadsheet and are finding it useful.

I can't take any credit for the spreadsheet - that was all Dawn's work!
But I believe that people are filling in crosses once they've shot that week's theme.

Indeed, I used a 'x' to indicate the completed weeks, to keep it uniform. I would have suggested using a 'tick' but then that would have been too complicated to insert, so went for the next logical option, i.e., on a form one normally is requested to tick or cross the appropriate box. So hope nobody is offended by using a 'x' - it doesn't denote that you have failed :LOL:

Indeed, the red names were to highlight the members who had indicated that they had expressed an interest to participate but who had not yet posted their first theme. I think I did mention somewhere about this in one of the other threads where I posted the link to the spreadsheet.

Once one is off the start mark, they are welcome to change the font colour to black which is easy to do for those who are not familiar with Excel. Basically select the cell containing your TP username and select the dropdown arrow of the font icon on the toolbar, select 'automatic' or 'black'.

If anyone is experience problems with the spreadsheet just leave a message here and I will get back to you.

ok thanks thought i done something wrong lol (y)

Not at all, I hope it all makes sense now and good luck with your Photo52.

usually you copy the link to your page, then highlight the piece of text you want to install a link on, and select 'insert hyperlink'

Let me know how you get on

Thanks Simon for the explanation of how to copy page link to the spreadsheet.

As I access the worksheet, I will do a quick scan to see that it is working and fix any issues that are obvious.

To all accessing the spreadsheet, this is an interactive sheet, so please make sure you are working with your particular row as any changes you make and save will affect the sheet accessible by all who have the link.

I do have a backup copy, so if something drastic happens to the sheet I can reinstate it. I will save a backup each time I access it.

What a great service to us all and another way to prod ourselves into action if we are a little behind.

Like school register :)

Paul

Thanks Paul, :LOL: I like your school register analogy of the spreadsheet, but that was not why it was created, although if it helps us to keep up to date and perhaps encourage those who seem to be falling behind, we can give them a gentle nudge to get them back on the road again :D

Great spreadsheet! Can I be added please Dawn? Have completed all 3 weeks so far. Many thanks!

Thanks, and if I remember correct I think your name has been added, but I will check.

As I work my way through viewing the 52's if I come accross someone who is not on the spreadsheet I will add you too, but if I miss you, please let me know and I will add your name if you are not sure how to do it yourself.

Good Luck everyone and have enjoyed this challenge so far and look forward to seeing all your projects.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Last edited:
Back