weekly 69bonni (Steve) TP52 2015... Words, Support, Religion and Geometric Added

Hi Steve,

Fashion ... I reckon you did well with the camera settings, but your model's looking a little weary.

Chilled ... not my idea of a holiday either. Brrr ... but I like the way you've caught the drifting snow.

Special ... Lovely. I agree with @Brian_of_Bozeat finding the window light distracting. Guitarist too, makes me think of The Zimmers.

Hi Steve :)

Sorry, looks like I have fallen behind again...#

Some great colourful shots, really liking your fashion image, sooooo nice and bright and festive too :)

Special - is a cracker mate, super DoF and a great all round keeper this one, lit well, great detail too, no crit from me :clap:[

Dear All
Bugger! life is just such a pain when it gets in the way of Photography! After a run of what I can only call a series of cataclysmic disasters terminating in me trying (nearly successfully) in removing the top of my left index finger with a circular saw, I'm still sort of here! (thank goodness it wasn't my right index shutter finger:)).
Its back where it should be now, I just cant feel anything from the first knuckle up (great for squeezing teabags BTW:rolleyes:).
So I'm now ..... if you excuse the Pun! trying to get my finger out:eek:. Sorry Mr Dark Knight boss I'm determined to finish this years TP52.

Hey! Steve, that is one brilliant portrait for Special. My goodness 98 and smiling - how wonderful. A truly remarkable lady from a generation that we owe so much to :clap:. Sorry, didn't mean to ignore Chilled but it looks so cold that I didn't want to linger there too long - certainly good value for the theme ha ha.
Hi Carl, Dear old Mum. Sadly she is not too well at the moment following a hip operation! Yeah that's what I thought a hip operation at 98! holy smoke!
I love it up in North Norway its a fantastic place.
Thanks for the comments Carl will be visiting you all soon!

Hi Steve, sorry to have not visited you before now.

That is a lovely portrait of your mum, I feel it would benefit from a crop to remove the bright window above her head, but colour focus DOF etc are all really good.

Well done.

Hi Brian, I have been into your thread but the cow count was quite low so will be visiting again soon with some sensible comments.... maybe!
Yes like that idea, a crop would take your eyes of that piercing highlight above the head. I will work on that! Appreciate the comment mate(y)

Hi Steve ...I always enjoy you looking at your thread ...you make 'whipping up to Norway' sound as easy as a trip to Tesco's :)

Fab Fashion shot of your reindeer lady and yep, she certainly look bright against that glorious white snow, she looks a bit depressed....maybe her feet are cold o_O

Chilled ....not quite my idea of a holiday ...your wife looks perished, but it was perfect for the theme so well done to her for standing there shivering.

Special ...what's more special than your lovely Mum ...a super portrait of a very special lady ...and at 98 she looks amazing ...well done to her.

Hi Susie, How's you?
Yes whipping up to Norway as almost as easy as whipping up to A&E :eek::(
I feel like I'm so behind at the moment I will never catch up but I am determined to catch up and finish, feel a bit like I'm letting the side down at the moment, but things have got a bit on top of me lately. Mum fell over and broke her hip cant believe they gave her a Hip operation at 98, so been doing a lot of driving and chasing my tail lately.
The Sappi (Laplanders) are well used to the weather all those seal and reindeer skins keep them warm even there toes!
Yes Wife was well wrapped! we were out at night in the snow was a bit chilly then -21! the good part was having a drink when we got in!(y).
Dear old Mum she is such a great lady.
Thanks for popping in Susie!

Hi Steve,

Fashion ... I reckon you did well with the camera settings, but your model's looking a little weary.

Chilled ... not my idea of a holiday either. Brrr ... but I like the way you've caught the drifting snow.

Special ... Lovely. I agree with @Brian_of_Bozeat finding the window light distracting. Guitarist too, makes me think of The Zimmers.
Hi David, yes her expression made me laugh, she looked really bored and hacked off ..... a sort of more bloody tourists look :):D
Keeping the snow white = overexposing a bit for sure.
It was a tad chilly but with the right gear its no problem, In the UK we make a big deal of it cos were just not prepared I gues, being a good boy scout I nearly always am!
Yep another guitarist must be something about photography and playing the guitar, bit of a pain with my dodgy finger now:rolleyes:, I like Brian's idea might do some judicial cropping!
Thank you for looking in David

Hi Steve :)

Sorry, looks like I have fallen behind again...#

Some great colourful shots, really liking your fashion image, sooooo nice and bright and festive too :)

Special - is a cracker mate, super DoF and a great all round keeper this one, lit well, great detail too, no crit from me :clap:[

Sorry Boss.... Feel like a naughty school boy now...
Please don't send me lines to do as well as catching up :(
Fashion well its only festive cos I have taken so flipping long on the catch up trail!
Thanks for the kind comments
I'm still in ..... will catch up.... Promise!

Last edited:
After a run of what I can only call a series of cataclysmic disasters terminating in me trying (nearly successfully) in removing the top of my left index finger with a circular saw, I'm still sort of here
Thats a real bugger Steve!
Hope it heals soon.

Yo Steve ... ouch

Hope to see you back in action soon. :wave:

Speedy recovery Steve - always think life has a way of balancing itself out so you're in credit - good times to come.

some people will do anything to get out of the 52, sounds nasty hope its better soon

Such a long time since I looked at your thread. Sorry :(

Words - love the colours in this, great dof and definitely fits the theme, well spotted (y)

Support - that's some support, 10 tons eh. Not the most exciting of pics ( hah, I need talk) but it definitely says support.

Religion - like the low down pov but find the dandelions a little distracting. Did you find out the reason behind the iron headstones?

Geometric - definitely plays with your mind. Again, love the pov but no idea what it is. Lots of detail in the structure and I like it with the dull sky as it doesn't distract from the structure.

Fashion - certainly colourful although she doesn't look like she's liking it much.

Chilled - the things our other half does in the name of this challenge :p she certainly looked chilled to the bone although I don't think it specified that the photographer had to get chilled too :confused:

Special - I bet she could tell some stories. What a great choice for the theme (y)

PS just seen that your mum has broken her hip. Hope she's recovering well now. And...... Trying to get out of the rest of the challenge by trying to remove a finger is just not good enough - you need to lose a limb at least.....

Last edited:
Thank you all very much for your kind comments. Its much better now, just cant seem to put my finger on why I'm so behind:ROFLMAO::LOL:
I will get round to replying to your comments individuality, but as @Bruja suggests I'm not going to volunteer any more of my bodily parts to be chopped off to exit TP52:rolleyes:

Right now where was I? (Yes, Yes I know bloody miles behind:rolleyes:)

So Despair.... this poor little Moggie is just so sad, how it got to be here I will never know. I'm miles away from home and very lonely just waiting for someone to rescue me! Its unlikely anyone will as its sitting in St Vincent! Unless of course some well meaning Yank finds her and takes her home.
Its the height of despair I think, I reckon she will just slowly disintegrate:(.
Moggie by Steve Rickman, on Flickr

NOISE... A few of months ago I was at the Royal International Air Tattoo, I knew this was going to be an opportunity for some shots but its not really my forte. However the full frame lets you push it a bit and this was taken with a 200mm. TBH among all the Aircraft Togs a 200mm lens looked like a little winky!
Most were either carrying Biscuit barrels or Bazookas screwed onto the front of their cameras, gives one an inferiority complex don't you know!
I'm sure you all probably recognise these aircraft, they have so much press recently....
The Red Arrows I'm sure you know well.... The other beast in formation with them is the Vulcan. Sadly its last year of flying, not however for lack of money but because BAE, RR and other major companies that lend their technical support are pulling the plug. Oh well the decision is not going to be reversed by the sound of it.
As you can imagine when this lot went past there was a heck of a noise!!
Vulcan and Red Arrows "Noise" by Steve Rickman, on Flickr

Hi Steve. Nice to see you back in camera action. Great write-ups on both submissions. Despair: such a very sad sight of such a classy lady. As for Noise: Saw them for the very first time at Airbourne this year - the Vulcan was the star of this her last flight tour. Amazing machine. Wonderful images both of them.:clap:

A couple of cracking images there Steve :)
The dilapidated car wins it for me (y)

Envy...
As I mentioned, above I nipped up to Norway a little while back. I just love the place, especially this time of year. If I won the lottery I know where I would be going..... Apparently Mrs Bonni says good luck but remember half the moneys mine, is she trying to tell me something???
Anyhow this stupendous view is of the Kafjord and I just cannot make up my mind which shot I like best so here's the deal I'll put them up and you tell me which you like best! I'm sort of hankering after the Orangey house on the left. Envy Na not many!!
BTW the Kafjord is where the German battle cruiser hid for about 2 years, and in these fjords most of the German fleet came at one time or another because it was pretty much out of the range of Allied bombers, until we made a pact with the Russians and flew Lancaster's to Russia to refuel to get up there to bomb the German fleet.

Kåfjord by Steve Rickman, on Flickr

This next shot is taken just a touch to the right of the first. the location is near Alta and this place is just outside of Alta's Museum in Northern Norway.
Kåfjord, a Stunning Place by Steve Rickman, on Flickr

Inverted....
Another noisy one folks! Again from the Air Tattoo.... Sorry, but Inverted to me, coming from an Aviation background is synonymous with aircraft.... So here's one of those no nonsense MIGS, no I cant pronounce its full name Mikoyan-Gurevich, but back in the day we just called them targets:eek::sneaky::police:. Probably not PC to say that now... ooppss!
Another shot with a 200mm lens, but with all the sky cropped out;).
Now her what must be obeyed says....... how the hell did you fix aircraft but cant saw a flipping bit of wood in half with out trying to decapitate your finger...... Good Point?:rolleyes:

Inverted Mig 29 by Steve Rickman, on Flickr

Now I'm gonna start catching up with the comments guys and galls;)

Now I'm gonna start catching up with the comments guys and galls;)

Hey Steve, I don't know about the others, but I always find your "comments" thoughtful, intelligent, witty, essential contribution to the overall fifty-two delight.

But catching up on the comments now in your time-honoured way will surely be massively enduring so I for one will understand if you skip that part.

Hi Steve, good to see you catching up with your photos, don't worry about the comments, just pick up from where the threads are when you get there.

Hi Steve ....it's good to see you back, I love your thread, I hope you're in for next year.

Noise is a 'wow' one for me, a superb shot, I showed it to my hubby with the comment 'look at this brilliant photo'.

Envy ....do you ever take Mrs B to somewhere that's warm and sunny :) the second shot just wins for me it's so gloriously tranquil. I can understand the fascination with the beauty of the place .... just not the cold !

Inverted ....I don't understand planes except it's amazing they stay in the air ....another excellent shot.

Re comments ....I agree with the others ....just hang on on here till the end .....only three more weeks to go.

Oops I missed Despair ....love it :)

Last edited:
Right ...

Despair ... sad but beautiful. Clothe pegs too.
Noise & Inverted ... both on topic ... top shots.
Envy ... now I just lurve these. Beautiful, dramatic postcardery. Loving the way you've captured FG, MG, BG and further afield. So much going on.

:clap:

;)
Thats a real bugger Steve!
Hope it heals soon.
Thanks Mate, its healing fine apart from no feeling (don't they say no sense no feeling:)).

Hi Steve poor you with that finger ... Hope it heals up soon and poor Mum too lots of good wishes for her recovery. Hang on in here or sign up for next year ...and do it all again :)
Hi Susie,Yes just a moment of stupidity, familiarity breeds contempt as they say! getting better now Thank you! Mum has heal up fine to but sadly it has taken a considerable toll on her general health:(. Thank you for asking. Don't tempt me to sign on again!!!:eek: My Dad god bless him told me to sign up again, then I found out what NAVY stood for ..... Never Again Volunteer Yourself:D So maybe I might.... feel Guilty for not keeping up with the crew:(.

Yo Steve ... ouch

Hope to see you back in action soon. :wave:
Hi David, Back now so watch this space :D Thanks Mate;)

Speedy recovery Steve - always think life has a way of balancing itself out so you're in credit - good times to come.
OMG Carl, I must be way out of credit then! Mum always did tell me to save my Green Shield Stamps for some extra credit! (better Google that if your under 50:D).
Here's to the good times, and the bottle of El Dorado 12 year old Demerara Rum I have just been given:beer:

some people will do anything to get out of the 52, sounds nasty hope its better soon
Hi Allen, Yes well it was worth a shot.... unfortunately I have a conscience and felt I was letting the side down, especially when I looked at the spread sheet and saw how many are still in!
Thank Allen

ouchie at you finger

Glad you're feeling bit better, and are still with the challenge(y)
Bugger init! That'll teach me! Thanks mate;) Better get my finger out eh:eek:

Hi Steve. Nice to see you back in camera action. Great write-ups on both submissions. Despair: such a very sad sight of such a classy lady. As for Noise: Saw them for the very first time at Airbourne this year - the Vulcan was the star of this her last flight tour. Amazing machine. Wonderful images both of them.:clap:
Hi Carl, thanks again mate. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you put a new battery in and some fresh fuel she would fire up! Such a lovely little motor the Moggie 1000. Yes its such a pity after all that work they put in she wont fly again. Guess we cant preserve everything:(

A couple of cracking images there Steve :)
The dilapidated car wins it for me (y)
Its a cracker isn't it, Thanks Cobra (PS one day I'll get your real name;), Now don't go saying I'll tell you if you sign up for TP2016!)

Hey Steve, I don't know about the others, but I always find your "comments" thoughtful, intelligent, witty, essential contribution to the overall fifty-two delight.

But catching up on the comments now in your time-honoured way will surely be massively enduring so I for one will understand if you skip that part.
Hi David.... Look Guys and Gals I didn't pay David to say that Honest!!
Uummm one of my major regrets, sometimes when I go back to comment it seems so out of context that's the only thing. Hope I haven't let the side down too much:(.

Hi Steve, good to see you catching up with your photos, don't worry about the comments, just pick up from where the threads are when you get there.
Thanks for that Brian, if I just comment on the Cow shots will that be an appropriate filter;) Cheers mate. BTW must be really great flying balloons Nice Stuff(y)

Envy #2 is a stunning shot Steve - I like.
Was up there years ago working for a while, fell in love with the place then.
As much as the place, I love there outdoor lifestyle as well as the sheer beauty, gets a bit dark in the winter though!

Hi Steve ....it's good to see you back, I love your thread, I hope you're in for next year.

Noise is a 'wow' one for me, a superb shot, I showed it to my hubby with the comment 'look at this brilliant photo'.

Envy ....do you ever take Mrs B to somewhere that's warm and sunny :) the second shot just wins for me it's so gloriously tranquil. I can understand the fascination with the beauty of the place .... just not the cold !

Inverted ....I don't understand planes except it's amazing they stay in the air ....another excellent shot.

Re comments ....I agree with the others ....just hang on on here till the end .....only three more weeks to go.

Oops I missed Despair ....love it :)
Hi Ya Susie!
Noise... I was really pleased with that shot .... Mind you I took about 20 or more shots as they flew past reckoned that you would probably never see that again. Strangely I've never really taken shots of Aircraft in flight before and there was no time for practise so pleased they came out OK.
Envy... Well the Kitchens Warm and Sunny its East facing:eek::eek: OMG it was only a JOKE honest!....... It just looks so picture postcard especially this time of year Lapland is the place to be. TBH don't really notice the cold if your well wrapped;)
Inverted.... Its all done with smoke and mirrors! Its the Airliners that amaze me, I work up here in London for my sins during the week and the flight path to Heathrow is right over our heads. Cant believe how they stay up, the principles of flight is truly and amazing science!!
Despair ... Should have taken a shot of the finger! ;)
Thank you very much for the comments and support Susie(y)

Its a cracker isn't it, Thanks Cobra (PS one day I'll get your real name;), Now don't go saying I'll tell you if you sign up for TP2016!)
Its no secret Steve there are plenty that know it and have posted it ;)
However the latter works for me :D

Such a long time since I looked at your thread. Sorry :(

Words - love the colours in this, great dof and definitely fits the theme, well spotted (y)

Support - that's some support, 10 tons eh. Not the most exciting of pics ( hah, I need talk) but it definitely says support.

Religion - like the low down pov but find the dandelions a little distracting. Did you find out the reason behind the iron headstones?

Geometric - definitely plays with your mind. Again, love the pov but no idea what it is. Lots of detail in the structure and I like it with the dull sky as it doesn't distract from the structure.

Fashion - certainly colourful although she doesn't look like she's liking it much.

Chilled - the things our other half does in the name of this challenge :p she certainly looked chilled to the bone although I don't think it specified that the photographer had to get chilled too :confused:

Special - I bet she could tell some stories. What a great choice for the theme (y)

PS just seen that your mum has broken her hip. Hope she's recovering well now. And...... Trying to get out of the rest of the challenge by trying to remove a finger is just not good enough - you need to lose a limb at least.....

AND as for you young lady! loose a limb indeed! did you have any particular limb in mind:eek:....
Words.... It was a friends Steam Roller so was a bit in your face and obvious, however not for me at the time duurr it took a friend to point out the Words!!
Support... Was going to reshoot that ! Boring or what, the more I look at it the more I hate it:eek: Thanks for your diplomatic words;)
Religion.... Never really got to the bottom of it other than they were cheep to mass produce. You know you have said that I agree and I really didn't notice that before, else I would have shopped them out!
Geometric... Its actually a protected structure... Its at what was Royal Aircraft Research Establishment Farnborough. Its actually a Hanger for Airships. I took a number of shots and it plays with your brain when you check to see that its level!
Fashion... There was another lady similarly attired too and she was equally miserable:):D
Chilled.... Yes indeed our other halves do suffer on behalf of our Photography. On a number of occasions yes it was a tad cold, mostly due to the wind I hasten to add.
Special.... Yes she can, sadly not very well and fading:( She was quite a gal! Hip is all mended but she is not so good now, its taken a fair toll on her unfortunately.

Thanks for the great comments again Mad Madam;)

Hello, Steve... Not sure whether I've introduced myself, but it's nice to meet you :wave: Hoping your finger gets better soon and your mum's hip mend quickly. My mum also has problem with her leg and it makes her cranky sometimes, I hope it is not the case with yours (y)

I am really behind in the comments too, so since I saw your photos from Despair, pardon me if I started from there instead..

Despair: Love the feel to it... I always feel sad to see something abandoned and this is screaming despair all over :(
Noise: Amazing shot, I can almost hear them flying by :eek:
Envy: Absolutely love both shots, the colours are just so surreal! :eek: But if I have to choose, picture #1 did it for me. I'm in love with the natural diagonal line made by the mountains (y)
Inverted: Amazing shot (again) and spot on theme

From the tones, I'm guessing you're using canon cameras, am I right? :D

Anyway, nice to see you (and your pictures) and hope to see you around :wave:

Last edited:
Good catch up there Steve...
Despair - Poor old Minor, but it should buff out ;) Works well for the subject and there are some interesting colours in the periphery.
Noise - Lovely shot of XH558 there. I am envious of you getting a nice blue sky to shot into and not the greys I had when watching the old bird.
Envy - A couple of great landscape shots there, again great colours!
Inverted - Cool shot of the MiG. Did you cheat though? It could have done with something else in the frame to show it was flying inverted, but I suspect that wouldn't have been possible when looking up at it.

Its no secret Steve there are plenty that know it and have posted it ;)
However the latter works for me :D
Funny thing is I did know it:) but my senior moments are not moments any more ..... more like Senior Months:ROFLMAO:
You mean you could suffer me again for TP2016 OMG

Hello, Steve... Not sure whether I've introduced myself, but it's nice to meet you :wave: Hoping your finger gets better soon and your mum's hip mend quickly. My mum also has problem with her leg and it makes her cranky sometimes, I hope it is not the case with yours (y)

I am really behind in the comments too, so since I saw your photos from Despair, pardon me if I started from there instead..

Despair: Love the feel to it... I always feel sad to see something abandoned and this is screaming despair all over :(
Noise: Amazing shot, I can almost hear them flying by :eek:
Envy: Absolutely love both shots, the colours are just so surreal! :eek: But if I have to choose, picture #1 did it for me. I'm in love with the natural diagonal line made by the mountains (y)
Inverted: Amazing shot (again) and spot on theme

From the tones, I'm guessing you're using canon cameras, am I right? :D

Anyway, nice to see you (and your pictures) and hope to see you around :wave:

Hi Nora, (had to be careful then as Mum is Norah but with an H as she tells all the nurses:))
Very nice to meet you! Finger is much better thank you, but no feeling in the tip due to nerve damage. Poor old Mum is breaking my heart she is so frail now:( But she still loves Turkish Delight, and Bacon Sarnies(y) (not together though).
Nora I'm so far behind I'm surprised that @Cobra and @Dark Knight haven't booted me off 52.... personally not happy as I feel like I'm letting the side down, but I'm going to make every effort to catch up.
Despair: I just couldn't pass by without taking a shot, I'd like to think it might be restored by someone but I have my doubts:(
Noise: Took the grand children there they loved it too.... Was pleased with the results as I normally Shoot landscapes that generally aren't that fast moving:ROFLMAO:
Envy: I would recommend to anyone to go, don't be put off by the cold if you have plenty of layers you wont feel it. Once you witness an Aurora you will always want to go back for me (although it sounds soppy it was almost a spiritual experience, and for those that know me that's saying something). The other thing that really sealed Norway for me was one night I came down off a mountain where it had been blowing a snow storm into this village to be met by complete silence. Just the crunching of my boots in the snow, that coupled with the twinkling dusting of snow like glitter blowing off the roofs and the lights in every window of the chalet style houses...... It was a very moving experience that will always be with me. RIGHT enough of that soppy stuff!
Inverted: Yes pleased with that, wonder if the Polish pilot spilt his Vodka doing that:)

From the tones;) Ha Ha must be my infinite skills as a Photographer and Post Production:ROFLMAO::whistle::crying::nikon: Oopppsss;) Do Canon make cameras then?....... Just a Pun! You don't have to be mad to post here but it helps!
Yes I'll be around on the catch up train. Thank you very much for all the kind comments I do really appreciate them all.
I'll be sure to look out for you on the Forum (its a really great Forum IMHO with some very nice people too!)
All the best
Steve

Good catch up there Steve...
Despair - Poor old Minor, but it should buff out ;) Works well for the subject and there are some interesting colours in the periphery.
Noise - Lovely shot of XH558 there. I am envious of you getting a nice blue sky to shot into and not the greys I had when watching the old bird.
Envy - A couple of great landscape shots there, again great colours!
Inverted - Cool shot of the MiG. Did you cheat though? It could have done with something else in the frame to show it was flying inverted, but I suspect that wouldn't have been possible when looking up at it.

Hi Ya Tim how is it going....
Guess everyone is bored with my unending apologies by now:rolleyes:
Bet the Minor would start! you know what those "A" series engines were like pretty bomb proof.... interesting colours in the periphery?
Vulcan, Well I tell you that was so lucky when we arrived there was a front coming through and odd shower and cloud and they were even talking of cancelling some flights because of the crosswind (particularly the 109) But I blew through to give us blue sky's we were very lucky.
Re the Mig I have a series of shots of it rolling over but this one was when it was truly inverted. I guess I could have made a triptych of it rolling inverted! (a wonderful thing continuous focus and shooting;)) There is a nice one when It was sitting on its wing tip (ooppss I'd have got Bo!!ocked for using that term once upon a time as Aircraft don't have wings they have Mainplanes ) where you can see the large red squadron logo painted on the fuselage. (do you remember the Mig 29 collision?).
Thanks very much for the comments Tim...
I'll be around to your Thread soon!
Cheers Steve

more like Senior Months:ROFLMAO:
You and me both Steve, you and me both :D

I'm so far behind I'm surprised that @Cobra and @Dark Knight haven't booted me off 52.... personally not happy as I feel like I'm letting the side down, but I'm going to make every effort to catch up.
LOL no booting off here, its supposed to be fun, I've missed a chunk out of the middle too, so don't worry about it (y)
You mean you could suffer me again for TP2016 OMG
I'll take that as a yes then shall I? :)

Bet the Minor would start! you know what those "A" series engines were like pretty bomb proof....
Indeed they were, though the tuned A series in my mk3 midget had a habit of blowing head gaskets (may have been a result of the 7K red line & "s" MPH top speed ;) )
interesting colours in the periphery?
The plants and buckets etc scattered around, I think it adds interest to the drabness of the Minor's paint.

Shimmer...
Wet, Windy and generally Yucky! Down in the local park where I remembered there was a boating lake. So as it was surrounded by lights I thought that just must have some shimmering reflections. Skyline was a bit boring, but i hadn't noticed there was a fountain in the middle so that added some interest. I have also shunted the WB to Tungsten cooling off a little and gave a bit better impression of how bleak it was :(.

Shimmer by Steve Rickman, on Flickr

Well done you for having the enthusiasm to venture out with camera on a dull depressing day. Definitely Shimmer'ing. You've managed to get some detail in that dull sky I notice. :clap:

Very nice Steve (y)
I'm a sucker for low light images, I really should do more myself.

Well done you for having the enthusiasm to venture out with camera on a dull depressing day. Definitely Shimmer'ing. You've managed to get some detail in that dull sky I notice. :clap:
Hi Carl ..... It was born out of desperation to catch up! Although best laid plans to catch up are not going well, but hoping that I will get some time after boxing day after all its still officially 2015 :eek: The sky did have a bit more colour SOOC but wasn't entirely happy with the WB, unusual for me because I normally like a warmer shot. The lighting was quite mixed and Tungsten, with an additional tweak seemed to work better.
Thanks again for your comments Carl (I can always rely on you(y))
All the best for Christmas mate, hope you have a really good one!

Very nice Steve (y)
I'm a sucker for low light images, I really should do more myself.
Funny you should say that, I have been thinking much the same .... When the light is useless for landscapes thought I could move into Low Light shots. I usually hang out In Landscape (Scenic) section, but will be looking at the "Night" section a bit closer to get the feel for some more work there.
Thanks for the comments mate, wishing you a Great Christmas and here's to 2016!

Hi Steve ....looks shimmery to me ....good to see you're still posting :)
Hi Susie, How's it going? Guess if your not ready for Xmas now you never will be! Yes I am determine to get this finished, of course time is against me, and I don't want to really just throw any old bilge up! Now I have a PC problem :mad: doesn't help:rolleyes:
Thanks for all your support.
Have a really great Christmas!

Shimmer ... that's a nice one Steve, all so clean & sharp under such a murky sky.

Works well for Shimmer, a decent amount of detail :)
Oh for a spotlight that you could have pointed at the fountain though.
Hi Tim,
I was going to pick up on the fountain in fact on one of the shots I did but in the end went with the tree sitting on the third on the left (wrongly or rightly :rolleyes:)
Think I might pay another visit for some trial night photography, but at night its one of those places frequented by yobbos, so could come back to no wheels on the car:(.
Happy New Year Tim and thanks for the comments!

Shimmer ... that's a nice one Steve, all so clean & sharp under such a murky sky.
==== Hi David, Thanks for that! I have been out over Xmas trying desperately to finish off the last images for TP52 '15 have got most in the bag now (well I did till the PC decided to start playing silly buggers).
I'm going to post the missing images shortly, then the jury is still out on whether or not I attempt 2016..... I seem to always be playing catch up in 2015, not enough hours in the day I guess!
Well thank you very much for the comments, and Happy New year to you!

Happy New Year Steve

I'm still feeling a bit under pressure following a two week hols over Xmas, and the TP52 15/16 crossover, a Windows 10 update followed by irritating browser incompatibilities. :banghead:

but things will settle down soon. :)

Back