weekly BarrySprouts 52 for 2015 Week 5 Elegant Added

Super start bang on theme. good luck with rest your 52 for this year

Had to wait until today for my shot, and regardless of theme this one was getting shoehorned to fit this week. As it turns out young Alfie at just over 4 hours old could be considered fragile.
Alfie was born just after 11am today and is our third Grandchild. :D:D:D

Not sure if he is subtly telling me he has seen enough cameras?

Week 2 Fragile by barrysprout, on Flickr

Congrats Granddad (y)
and indeed a fitting image for this weeks theme.

Hi, lovely pic of your grandson, having a baby to fit with the weeks topic, thats forward planning indeed :LOL:

Congratulations

Awww, definitely fragile..... And adorable. Congratulations [emoji4]

Congratulations. Aaaawwww absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the wait to take the photo

Congratulations… It's what's in this shot that matters! And defo fits the theme… But the pic is technically great too… nice blurred background.

Congratulations… It's what's in this shot that matters! And defo fits the theme… But the pic is technically great too… nice blurred background.

Thanks, even at f2.0 fill flash was still needed with the hospital lighting.

Just arrived home after treating Dad to a few beers. A nice ending to a great day. :D

Congratulations on your new grandson and the shot, although it did make me smile as to me it looks like Alfie is flicking the V's :LOL:

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'm now not only slacking on commenting but also on shooting. Finally got a chance to get out today to shoot week 3's scenic shot. Hopefully get a chance tomorrow to shoot week 4 just before week 5 is announced!

Week 3 Scenic by barrysprout, on Flickr

Shot using a fisheye lens. Also made a friend whilst out, the robin in shot was almost coming home in the car with me. It followed me everywhere and never more than 2 feet away from me, really felt bad that I couldn't feed it.

And an alternative shot with a more conventional lens. (still with the robin, obviously)

Week 3 Scenic by barrysprout, on Flickr

Last edited:
Slightly warmer setting for todays shoot, had this idea for companions when the theme was announced. The background is an old picture displayed on the TV and foreground lit with flash. Not entirely happy with end shot, but that was mainly down to my poor choice of models. George and Mildred were very poor at taking direction and just wouldn't pose the way I wanted, and it didn't help when I broke George's arm. But hopefully he's learned his lesson!

Week 4 Companions by barrysprout, on Flickr

Love the first (Scenic) Colin.

Nice fun image (Companions) Colin, well executed.

Phil

Great fun image for companions - would not have guessed the set up

Hi Colin

Scenic......1st for me,the sign at the front really seems to fit the image , well exposed with some good detail in the sky & detail retained in the snow (y) ....was the Robin following you around :LOL: Crit........the left hand side of the lake/river seems to be sloping down , possibly the angle you shot at but maybe possible to warp it back straight ?

Companions.......what wonderful little models though they do look a little difficult to direct :rolleyes: You've done well with the bg , no obvious signs that it's on a TV:)

Hi there ....two beautiful scenic images ....I do really like the first one with the writing on the sign, but I'm not too keen on the slight distortion from the fisheye. The second one is lovely too and the robin adds that extra little bit of interest. What a fabulous location.

Companions ... a great fun shot ...what a good idea for the background, I would never have guessed.

Wow 2 brilliant scenic images :clap:

And a great idea for companions and again a great shot (y) well done.

Thanks for the comments everyone

Hi Colin

Scenic......1st for me,the sign at the front really seems to fit the image , well exposed with some good detail in the sky & detail retained in the snow (y) ....was the Robin following you around :LOL: Crit........the left hand side of the lake/river seems to be sloping down , possibly the angle you shot at but maybe possible to warp it back straight ?

Companions.......what wonderful little models though they do look a little difficult to direct :rolleyes: You've done well with the bg , no obvious signs that it's on a TV:)

Hi there ....two beautiful scenic images ....I do really like the first one with the writing on the sign, but I'm not too keen on the slight distortion from the fisheye. The second one is lovely too and the robin adds that extra little bit of interest. What a fabulous location.

Companions ... a great fun shot ...what a good idea for the background, I would never have guessed.

I knew the distortion of the fisheye lens would not be to everyone's taste and that's why I posted a second image. The distortion is actuallly quite well hidden in this image, although still obvious :thinking:
The plaque on the ground should have a square edge and not only is the horizon dipping on the left but also the right. Sometimes I will correct these slightly in post but to fully correct them means losing a fair chunk of the image and I would end up with a smaller view than if I had used my next widest lens.

The Robin was presumably struggling to find food and followed my every move and was only about a foot away from me in the first shot, I also got him to pose with a cleaner background before offering him a front seat for the drive home.

Friendly Robin (or hungry) by barrysprout, on Flickr

View attachment 29755

Hi Colin,

Scenic - a couple of lovely shots there. I hope the robin managed to find some food, it'll need plenty to eat in this weather.

Companions - great fun shot, just a shame your model was a bit un co-operative ;-)

Thanks Lorraine & Andy

The models we bought many years ago which is maybe why George's arm has become brittle. They mad there first appearance on TP for Wk 5's theme of Hard in 2011
Hard by barrysprout, on Flickr

Hi Colin

Couple of good Scenic shots there .... preferring #1 with the FG writing adding interest.

George and Mildred look a lot of fun ... excellent BG idea

Scenic, it seems that you have a companion there too ;)
1st one by a gnats willy for me, the sign in the foreground makes it (y)

Companions, a good fun image too :)

Scenic: love the second image particularly as the robin is a masterstroke although both are fine pictures.
Companions: Quirky take on the theme, and interesting.

Scenic - Two great images. Think I prefer the first, as other have said the sign makes for an interesting foreground.

Companions - Fits the theme well, would never have guessed it was taken indoors.

Back