weekly Blondie606's 52 2013 Wk 52 Water-The End :-(

Nice crisp photo, I like the halo effect Round the apple and it works well with the black background.

Well done Lynne, good start :)

Thanks Dave...appreciate you stopping by (y)

You don't want me to model, did you see my Movember Pictures

:eek:

I really like the style, dark and slightly scary. Technically excellent, but the composition says "temptation" more than sin to me if I'm frank.

Good luck for the rest of 2013

Cheers Brian , appreciate you commenting.....is Temptation not a Sin ?;)

Good one Lynne. I agree it doesn't say sin without knowing the connection, but it's a nice shot. I especially like the colour.

Thanks Mark...temptation...is that not a Sin ?...just a thought...:D

Nice shot! I like the variations of red too. I don't mind the glow to be honest, think it adds a little to the shot, I do get a bit distracted though by whatever it is the apples resting on?

hey up mister..good to see you back round these parts again :wave:
Hmmm...that stand had me stumped...black silk shirt draped over a glass.....think this is a def candidate for a reshoot this year (y)

A deliciously tempting apple Lynne. I like the warm colours with the warm glow. A good shot with an unusual background. Nice one!

Thanks mister (y)

I really like this Lynne, I thought about using an apple myself (original sin in the bible and all that) but couldn't think of a way to get it to work, I wish I had been able to do something like this. And if this is one you're not sure about I can't wait to see one that you love!

Hi Lynne,
I like this picture, nice lighting. The texture of the apple has been captured well, the halo effect adds to the image too, almost pushing the apple towards the viewer (y)

I really like this Lynne, I thought about using an apple myself (original sin in the bible and all that) but couldn't think of a way to get it to work, I wish I had been able to do something like this. And if this is one you're not sure about I can't wait to see one that you love!

Cheers for popping in, appreciate your comments (y) this is my 3rd year ( :nuts: ) in the 52's & over that time I have become far more critical of my own shots ,especially when they don't meet the idea i originally had...2 years ago I wouldn't have dreamt of being able to do this image....must have learnt something then :LOL:

Hi Lynne,
I like this picture, nice lighting. The texture of the apple has been captured well, the halo effect adds to the image too, almost pushing the apple towards the viewer (y)

Cheers mister (y)

That is a real luscious red apple you have there, I'm almost feeling sinful looking at it. (y)

I like it, the red gives it a more sinful feel in my eyes.

Cheers mister (y)

That is a real luscious red apple you have there, I'm almost feeling sinful looking at it. (y)

ahhh...the sin of temptation :LOL:

Crikey Lynne, still first week and you are already nearly down to bottom of page 2.

Sin - on theme and like the comp a lot. Good detail on the apple and like the idea of the b/g being red too. Just needs a bit more separation I feel and that base does look a little odd.

Thanks Al......this place is starting to bring back memories of this time last year...sooooo many threads :eek:

I can see the connection - apple - Eve - first sin and the deep red colouring really adds to the sin-isterness of it, not keen on the glow around the bottom left but like it none the less

Thanks Christine...still not sure where that glow came from :thinking:

Ooooo Lynne, I don't know why you're not happy it's superb to me and fits the theme perfectly! There's plenty of detail with the red theme throughout giving a more sinister feel!

Sit back relax and take it easy for a week :)

AWww...thanks Hun....getting bored waiting for wk2 now :bonk:

Hiya Lynne, theme connection is certainly strong imo. Overall I like it, the colour is really intense, suiting the theme, The only thing that really bothers me is what it is sitting on, it doesn't look quite right. If you could lose it into the bg more, I think it would look better.

Cheers Michael....aye , that cloth over glass is buggin me too...hey ho , may reshoot it at some point.....

I like this shot. Love the detail in the apple and the lighting.

I like it. As you said it doesn't scream Sin for me, but I get the sentiment.

I like the subtle lighting, and in my imagination it looks like it's sat on a head, so maybe there is some sin there after all :)

Extremely minor crit would be to have the apple central in the vertical plane, maybe chopping a cm or so off the top. Like I said though - very minor.

Good luck with the rest of the year!

Ian.

I think its a very strong image - solid colour and vivid, I especially like the lighting on the lower left back of the apple.
If I'm going to be over critical I'd look at the background, either smooth the noise or go for full velvet, but really that just nit picking - well done :)

I bought an apple for one of my ideas so get the reference for the theme.. like the lighting and tones.. the red gives a more sinister feel to the shot

Hi Lynne. I like the way the apple is lit and the background colouring. My only niggle is the base, I got it in my head that it was the top of someone's head and now all I can think of is William Tell and expect an arrow to come shooting through the apple :)

I like this shot. Love the detail in the apple and the lighting.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by , tis appreciated (y)...

I like it. As you said it doesn't scream Sin for me, but I get the sentiment.

I like the subtle lighting, and in my imagination it looks like it's sat on a head, so maybe there is some sin there after all :)

Extremely minor crit would be to have the apple central in the vertical plane, maybe chopping a cm or so off the top. Like I said though - very minor.

Good luck with the rest of the year!

Ian.

Cheers Ian for the feedabck ...will try harder on the reshoot :)

I think its a very strong image - solid colour and vivid, I especially like the lighting on the lower left back of the apple.
If I'm going to be over critical I'd look at the background, either smooth the noise or go for full velvet, but really that just nit picking - well done :)

Thanks John....might try a velvet bg next time,cheers for the idea (y)

I bought an apple for one of my ideas so get the reference for the theme.. like the lighting and tones.. the red gives a more sinister feel to the shot

Cheers for popping in.....glad you get the sinister feel I was aiming for (y)

Hi Lynne. I like the way the apple is lit and the background colouring. My only niggle is the base, I got it in my head that it was the top of someone's head and now all I can think of is William Tell and expect an arrow to come shooting through the apple :)

Thanks for the feedback...had to giggle at the Willian tell reference :LOL:

Hello
I like your pic, especially how they all fade into background.
Edit: I posted this before u had a chance to explain.

Last edited:
& so to week 2....feeling more than a tad down today....no enthusiasm so apologies for the poor shot , no imagination & no energy :crying:

Wk 2 Season by llj666, on Flickr

Used the Macro lens on a tripod , large piece of card to block glare from the window , not alot of editing ( spent most of the time trying to get the jars lined up how I wanted them :bang:) Wanted a really shallow DOF which I got . Not happy with the 4th jar along as slightly out of position ,bit of iffy cloning as trying to get rid of the join between the work surface & chopping board but just can't be bothered to correct it

ttfn

I like the composition and the way everything disappears into blur, nicely exposed but see what you are saying about the 4th jar, not that i would have noticed it without you pointing it out (y)

wow, you're quite harsh on yourself.

In my view, crop - perfect, depth of field - perfect, lighting - perfect, composition - perfect and what cloning??? I can't see any.

If this is what you produce on a bad day.....gulp! we're in for some quite special images.
(y)

Great shot Lynn.

How did you get the beige background. It seem to match the table top..

I had all my spice jars out which had bright green or orange tops but could not work out my lighting and backgrounds

Great shot Lynn.

How did you get the beige background. It seem to match the table top..

I had all my spice jars out which had bright green or orange tops but could not work out my lighting and backgrounds

Cheers mister.....worktop is beech , BG is wooden chopping boards, very shallow DOF helped with the lighting I think , natural window light with a piece of card to try n prevent hotpsots on the jars, ( just spotted stupid high ISO from trip out in carp weather..& I still upped the exposure compensation :eek: ) Lighting for me iis pretty much trial & error( more error I think ) , just keep messing around with settings till you get something thats vaguely like what you had in your head (y) I was lucky with the jar lids as all the same color...but you cold try adjusting the hue depending on what editing suite you have ?

In my view, crop - perfect, depth of field - perfect, lighting - perfect, composition - perfect and what cloning??? I can't see any.

If this is what you produce on a bad day.....gulp! we're in for some quite special images.
(y)

I take that as praise indeed from you...your shots are something quite special....(y)

I like the composition and the way everything disappears into blur, nicely exposed but see what you are saying about the 4th jar, not that i would have noticed it without you pointing it out (y)

Hey, think where you'll be in 18 days :D

Sometimes it's good to get back to basics. Good depth and detail.

Maybe my screen but WB looks a tad warm?

Put your feet up and think of us mere mortals :D

Cheers.

(y)

I agree with everything n1cky says.

I really like it, I think you've done a great job (y)

Dark Knight said:
Hi Lynne :)

Season - I like that, (shame about the labels on the others) I'm a sucker for a narrow DOF, liking how much they blend in to the background at the far end (y)

Ditto, I love a narrow DoF in photos too
I wouldn't have noticed the 4th jar unless you said, it all looks great to me....although it did make me want to get the faulty towers DVDs out :)

Hi Lynne

Great shot although I'd have led with cumin personally :D Seriously though, this looks really good and agree that the narrow DoF looks great.

And you seem to be very harsh on yourself as well! I can't fault this image!

Cant add anything to the comments above but i really like this shot and the dof.

Hey, think where you'll be in 18 days :D

Sometimes it's good to get back to basics. Good depth and detail.

Maybe my screen but WB looks a tad warm?

Put your feet up and think of us mere mortals :D

Cheers.

Praise indeed...even got the crop right :D WB maybe your monitor as just been and checked the worktop & jars...yup , true to life :p

I echo Nicky's comments. You have done a fine job!

I agree with everything n1cky says.

I really like it, I think you've done a great job (y)

Awww....cheers chaps, appreciate your encouragement...at least 1 good image this year then (y)

Hi Lynne :)

Season - I like that, (shame about the labels on the others) I'm a sucker for a narrow DOF, liking how much they blend in to the background at the far end (y)

ta muchly :)

Ditto, I love a narrow DoF in photos too
I wouldn't have noticed the 4th jar unless you said, it all looks great to me....although it did make me want to get the faulty towers DVDs out :)

Got me thinking there...Fawlty Towers...which episode ?

Hi Lynne

Great shot although I'd have led with cumin personally :D Seriously though, this looks really good and agree that the narrow DoF looks great.

And you seem to be very harsh on yourself as well! I can't fault this image!

Thanks for your comments..yup , probably my own worst critic ( though Andy runs it to the wire on that !)

Hi Lynne, love this, Great how you got the DOF, may need to look into getting one of those lenses(y)

Back