weekly Delta Skies 2014 TP52 - Week 51 Extravagant & Week 52 Support (that's 2014 done)

Hi Peter, great colour, composition and the BG works nothing else to say just :clap:

On another subject do you go to Chester with the kites, I seem to remember there being a kite festival on the racecourse every year.

Lovely composition and as others have said very vibrant colours. Maybe an actual stitch or two would've tied in better with the title, but great otherwise :)

Good idea, great colours, well executed Peter (y)

Hey Peter :)

OOoooo the Kite flying !!! A kite on the table or some kind of cloth to add context to the shot would have been perfect... really liking the brightness and colour of the threads, the detail of the threads and on the timber slats contrasts with that very nicely, even a nice shine to the metallic items too - nice one (y)

Nice vivid colours.

The background works really well, is it a background or proper wood ?
Sorry missed your positive :rolleyes:

Very pleasing symmetry, I hadn't spotted the dimples either.
Thanks Mark. The background is actually a tear-off freebie sample of some wallpaper we picked up at B&Q the other day. I thought it was quite effective.

Hi Peter, great colour, composition and the BG works nothing else to say just :clap:

On another subject do you go to Chester with the kites, I seem to remember there being a kite festival on the racecourse every year.
Thanks Allan. Yes we did the Chester festival albeit only once 10 years ago. It was never a good site wind wise due to the amphitheatre feel to the racecourse - not much wind low down.

Great idea, well carried through. Like the colours and the DoF.
Thanks Mercurius

Cracking composition I like it, the lighting works well the colours in threads are nice and vibrant. I had a look at the website some great inflatable kites on there, they must be tricky to fly.
Thanks Mandy. We mainly fly using a single line attached to a 18" metal stake hammer into the ground. For the big one we have to attach it to the towball of the car. These things have one heck of a pull even in a reasonable wind.

Lovely composition and as others have said very vibrant colours. Maybe an actual stitch or two would've tied in better with the title, but great otherwise :)
Thanks Andy

A most pleasing image.
Cheers David

Good idea, great colours, well executed Peter (y)
Thanks Phil

Hey Peter :)

OOoooo the Kite flying !!! A kite on the table or some kind of cloth to add context to the shot would have been perfect... really liking the brightness and colour of the threads, the detail of the threads and on the timber slats contrasts with that very nicely, even a nice shine to the metallic items too - nice one (y)
Thanks Dean.

stitch in time, really nice, colourful love the background too looks real(y)
Thanks Judi. Not quite as real as first glance - wallpaper :naughty:

Good, sharp shot and a clever variation from clocks.

Nicely done - and not a clock in sight :)

Well composed, with the look of randomly placed / fallen reels which I suspect were anything but.

including some strategically placed blu tack to stop these rolling away

Ahhh blu tack every photographers friend :D

Like the composition of your positive (dimples aside ;)) nice lighting and the portrait works really well.

Time - Another good composition shot and really like the background with the grain running from the corner. (y)

How's the Wacom? I've been thinking about getting one myself so be good to see some feed back.

That's a great shot, Peter. I love the contrast of that almost bleached wood tabletop and the bright vivid colours of the cotton on the reels. Lighting and sharpness are excellent too. I do admire your pp skills in getting the colours to pop like this. Mine are quite hopeless!

Ahhh blu tack every photographers friend :D

Like the composition of your positive (dimples aside ;)) nice lighting and the portrait works really well.

Time - Another good composition shot and really like the background with the grain running from the corner. (y)

How's the Wacom? I've been thinking about getting one myself so be good to see some feed back.
Thanks for the comments Michael. I haven't really had chance to give any proper feedback on the Intuos. I bought the medium size which I feel is just the right size. We've got a Bamboo tablet which was good but the Intuos does havea better workable surface area which will bring more accuracy. Any bigger and you'd wear your muscles out by moving your arm around too much. Having the wireless option is also an added bonus.

That's a great shot, Peter. I love the contrast of that almost bleached wood tabletop and the bright vivid colours of the cotton on the reels. Lighting and sharpness are excellent too. I do admire your pp skills in getting the colours to pop like this. Mine are quite hopeless!
Thanks Mercurius. Keep practising - I don't have to look too far back to cringe at some of my attempts at pp.

Hi Peter, I really like your time shot some really nice colours and the inclusion of the needle works well. also lit beautifully. top work.

Time, a very pleasant photograph with good detail and you've done well with compositing them. I might like to see a slightly tighter crop and a slightly stronger vignette.

Cheers.

Hi Peter....smashing image, a perfect choice for the theme, lovely bright colours, and what a good idea for the background.

Thanks for the link...it looks fascinating....lots of kite surfing down here but I don't think I have ever seen any kites like that.
Thanks Susie. Whereabouts are you based. I could probably find you an event to go to - always good for a colourful photo opportunity

Hi Peter, I really like your time shot some really nice colours and the inclusion of the needle works well. also lit beautifully. top work.
Cheers Adam

Time, a very pleasant photograph with good detail and you've done well with compositing them. I might like to see a slightly tighter crop and a slightly stronger vignette.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. Might try the vignette idea next time I've got PS open

Nice colours on the threads and full of detail.
Thanks Kev

Good choice for the theme , Peter. Good neutral b/g and you have reproduced the colours really well. Like Dk, I think that a small piece(s) of cloth with a few stitches would have added to the shot, but not sure how that could be handled given the comp.
Thanks Alan. Yeah not sure I'd add anything and still keep the background which I quite like.

Hi Peter, a different take on the theme certainly (y)
I like the bright vivid colours of the cotton too but compositionally, i find it a bit too central, perhaps a lower pov would lift that a little?

Hi Peter

great shot for Time , the bright colors of the threads contrast really well with the bg ( wallpaper...interesting , makes a mental note to seek some out ) ,well lit , random but not random placement....(y)

Hi Peter, a different take on the theme certainly (y)
I like the bright vivid colours of the cotton too but compositionally, i find it a bit too central, perhaps a lower pov would lift that a little?
Cheers Iain. I probably shot that angle as I took quite a few but obviously didn't chose it for some reason
Hi Peter

great shot for Time , the bright colors of the threads contrast really well with the bg ( wallpaper...interesting , makes a mental note to seek some out ) ,well lit , random but not random placement....(y)
Thanks Lynne

Week 11 - Swirl

Rose Swirl
by Delta Skies, on Flickr

I took a leaf (well a petal) out of Sarah's book and grabbed some flowers of the mantle piece. Light using a softbox and taken fairly close up as you can see. This is virtually taken SOOC with only a little sharpening and a slight amendment to remove a mark on one of the petals.

It's a very pleasant image of a rose. did it smell -- the rose, not the image :)

Lovely colours and detail you have got there and a nice DOF :clap:
Thanks Craig

Swirl - Lovely nice colours, good use of dof and very good composition excellent work.
Thanks Mandy

Love it....the colour, the softness, the slight shimmer on the petals, the composition ....it shows nature at it's best.
Cheers Susie

Ooo very nice Peter, looks very soft and velvety, really nice light bringing out super detail, and virtually SOOC - excellent :clap:
Many thanks Dean

Thanks David

It's a very pleasant image of a rose. did it smell -- the rose, not the image :)
Thanks Martin. Did it smell? I'm sure it did but I was too busy taking the photo to notice :whistle:

Lovely colours with an almost metallic feel. I'd prefer a closer crop, just to loose the lower right petals. Good detail, though.

Cheers.

Very nice and great Dof
Thanks Richard

Lovely colours with an almost metallic feel. I'd prefer a closer crop, just to loose the lower right petals. Good detail, though.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. I can definitely see an improvement with the suggested crop. I think I was too eager to get it SOOC when I saw the image to look for that. Great crit.

Back