weekly Donna's 52 weekly challenge

Really liking your idea and execution of crowd, would like an edit between the 2.
Close up, like the colours of the hat but think it is a touch soft, like the banana version, something truly different!
:)

Hi Donna....Of the Close-Up shots, I'm liking the bananas shot the best.
Bang on focus on the tip there!

HI Donna

Close up would have to the banana for me....you've got the yellow just about spot on, lovely focus as well (y)

The pink doesn't do anything for me as without the explanation it's just appears to be a bit of a mess.

The banana shot is much better, it is nicely exposed. My strange imagination can see it as some sort of alien ovipositor!

Hi Donna

bloomin good shot for phone ( remind me again why we spend fortunes on DSLR's ??) It's a bike, shiny as hell but no real highlights or blown bits, no real reflections....good work missus (y)
I know, it actually annoyed me that it was pretty decent with my phone, and to add salt to the wound - free post processing software on the phone (with a little on photoshop afterwards to make me feel better)

Very nice shiny classic machine and would nice to own one.
Didn't buy this one though, too much chrome to keep shiny :)

Thats rather a nice looking machine Donna (y)

Machine: I own a Triumph too but there is no chrome on it (thank god). Nice composition.

Alphabet: Unlike LC2 above, I would have preferred the threee letters to have been in sharp focus with the rest OOF.

Machine: I own a Triumph too but there is no chrome on it (thank god). Nice composition.

Alphabet: Unlike LC2 above, I would have preferred the threee letters to have been in sharp focus with the rest OOF.

Hubby got a street triple (and I got his other one), so also no chrome, but they looked stunning in the showroom :)

Thank you on feedback, I agree with dof being too narrow, but the props had been eaten by the time I processed the picture!

Last edited:
Loving the MACHINE shot :)

Can you eat your alphabet without licking your lips?

Hi Donna - the machine shot is really lovely and suits B&W so well

Alphabet - really well done - great idea!

yum, sweets, you got the lighting and composition spot on :) lovely shot

Close Up: Both good images, great detail in the threads of the bobble hat. Banana nice and sharp where it needs to be

Machine: Great B &W image. newness shines through

Alphabet: Yum. Might have preferred the rest of the sweets to be more oof. The sugar reflections almost look like bubbles.

Hi Donna
Loving the shallow DOF for Sound....very nice :)

Hi Donna....yay another trumpet rider........:clap: I'm on my 3rd Street , this time the R & love it , miles of smiles :)

Alphabet....think I'm inclined to agree with sharpness on all 3 of the foremost sweets...what are they by the way ?

Sound....like the DOF on this , just right that you see the hand struming , lighting looks good as well (y)

Hi Donna....yay another trumpet rider........:clap: I'm on my 3rd Street , this time the R & love it , miles of smiles :)

Only got my licence last year, and a fair weather rider, but sure was great fun out tonight getting to know the bike. I've got the hand-me-down (2013 street) while DH just got the RX.

Alphabet....think I'm inclined to agree with sharpness on all 3 of the foremost sweets...what are they by the way ?
Tesco's finest... (I didn't get a looking once 'props' were finished with)

Sound....like the DOF on this , just right that you see the hand struming , lighting looks good as well (y)
Thanks for this - was a little concerned the dof was too shallow, and will try again some different ideas

Last edited:
Only got my licence last year, and a fair weather rider, but sure was great fun out tonight getting to know the bike. I've got the hand-me-down (2013 street) while DH just got the RX.

Tesco's finest... (I didn't get a looking once 'props' were finished with)

Thanks for the comments on the dof - was a little concerned the dof was too shallow, and will try again some different ideas[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hi Donna ...

Alphabet ... near perfect but maybe another half a stop needed.

Sound ... the focus is perfect, so is the framing and the grittiness, warts 'n all. (y)

very nice sound, not got anything to add really, tis simply an excellent shot :)

It is fun. That's a very patient and well behaved (or not very bright) dog you've got there!

oh my, a lab resisting food lol - great take on the theme :) I would have liked the bg to be more oof though, or maybe clone out the bit of wood.

Back