weekly Marsha's 2015 photo 52! Still catching up!

The goblin

<span class="poty">POTY Winner 2015</span></br>
Name
Marsha
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, having completed the 52 in 2012 whilst suffering constant illness, moving jobs, a 1 and a 3 year old, commuting, the husband away a lot and physically no time or energy. I had no excuse in 2013. The husband was still away a lot, I was still getting ill and suffered a family loss. The 52 was a struggle but I battled through, late most of the time but I finished it! Roll on 2014, I left work and 'retired' to Cyprus hoping to be a lady of leisure! But it's amazing how your organisation goes out the window when you haven't got work getting in the way! I quit rather quickly last year which still annoys me a lot! So I am back, here we go again.

I have set myself a few rules:

1, Eat chocolate!
2, Try my best to get the photo done the week the theme is announced.
3, do as much commenting as possible. I do not have the time to get to every thread, but I will do my best every day.
4, Eat more chocolate!
5, Enjoy it :D

Here goes.

Week 1: Bliss
Week 2: Fragile
Week 3: Scenic
Week 4: Companion
Week 5: Elegant
Week 6: Watery
Week 7: Bold Took a while!
Week 8: Relax
Week 9: Vertical
Week 10: Mouth
Week 11: Crowd
Week 12: Close up
Week 13: Reshoot of Relax and Machine
Week 14:
Week 15: Sound

Last edited:
Bliss

Meet Lexi, we have re-homed this cat (just over two weeks ago) from a local rescue centre. To me nothing says bliss more than finally having a new home and your own personal arm chair (donated by my daughter)

Week 1: Bliss

Last edited:
Great start to your 52 Marsha (y)
Lexi certainly looks blissful in her new chair.

For fragile, I am drawn more to the second one, I particularly like the leading lines drawing my eye through the scene and beyond.

Oh you may want to ask @SarahLee to move your thread, I think it should be in the project/challenges forum. :D

Cheers Iain. Lexi is getting more comfortable by the day :) Although she wasn't too impressed at her first trip to the vets today!

I like the second one too for fragile. I thought Lynne (@blondie606) might like the first one as she must see the snow on Troodos in the background!

Oh you may want to ask @SarahLee to move your thread, I think it should be in the project/challenges forum. :D

DOH! I just put it in the same forum as the support thread, whoops!

Hi Marsh, nice to see you back! Lovely pussy cat for bliss, nice composition and she certainly looks comfy! Liking both the view points for fragile too, adds a bit extra to it. Just going for the 2nd image, b+w really works well.
Thanks Michael, the dozy bugger is currently curled up on my side as I try and type!

Love the mono version of Fragile, quite moody looking.
Many thanks Russell.

@SarahLee feel free to move this thread to the right place. I am a muppet!

Yayyyyyyy......welcome back hun.......glad you're here :banana:

& I like your rules for the challenge.....particularly the Eating chocolate bit...think I might try that :D

Lovely to see Lexi starting to to settle in, fab focus on her eye :clap: Do I detect a florabella action or is it just my eye's :thinking:

snow on Troodos......me wanna be there...I'm expecting to see some photo's missus ;) Of the 2 shots it's the mono for me , lovely lead in lines that take you right through the image & all topped off with a lovely stormy sky :clap:

Yayyyyyyy......welcome back hun.......glad you're here :banana:
Cheers Lynne, I must be bonkers!

Lovely to see Lexi starting to to settle in, fab focus on her eye :clap: Do I detect a florabella action or is it just my eye's :thinking:

You do indeed. This cat is worse than than the kids for posing, if I go anywhere near her she just wants cuddles! Unfortunately her chair is right in front of the cupboard doors that are quite an overpowering colour. So a dash of Florabella Magic has toned them down, I brushed Lexi back to full colour!

snow on Troodos......me wanna be there...I'm expecting to see some photo's missus ;)

I'd love to be there too, but at -10 last week there was no chance of me going there! The roads were ice rinks, the rain caused landslides and cars and trucks were crashing or being abandoned! They closed the roads during the worst of it!
I'm going to try and get back up to Alassa church this week. I know Kouris Dam is nowhere near flooding it, but I'm interested to see how much it's risen.

Of the 2 shots it's the mono for me , lovely lead in lines that take you right through the image & all topped off with a lovely stormy sky :clap:
Thank you. The conversion to mono certainly added drama, the original is a bit drab!
Do you recognise this fence/ compound? It's the one up on the cliffs that you walked round to get to Dreamers. It has been flattened on one side!

Welcome back :)

Bliss, works really well. The eyes have it.

Fragile #2 for me. It has a Mexican border feel to it and the B&W adds to a gritty feel.

Cheers.

I have set myself a few rules:

1, Eat chocolate!
2, Try my best to get the photo done the week the theme is announced.
3, do as much commenting as possible. I do not have the time to get to every thread, but I will do my best every day.
4, Eat more chocolate!
5, Enjoy it :D

Also adopting these rules! Excellent rules, they should be official ones.

Bliss - oh shes lovely! Yes very blissful on many levels, looks comfy but there is something that makes you smile about giving something/someone a home and seeing them happy.

Fragile - fragile 2 does it for me. The colour is great and how it sweeps away from you. Good work!

Great images !! really like the fragile one's, very fitting to the theme, and shows how vulnerable the Coast is.

Great images !! really like the fragile one's, very fitting to the theme, and shows how vulnerable the Coast is.
Thank you. The coast line here really is on the front line when the weather is bad! We get smashed quite hard in the winter, then melted in the summer!

Welcome back to the madhouse Marsha.

Bliss - Looks like the new addition to the family has made his/herself at home. Not being a cat person I feel the pose looks a little awkward but hey you should see how our two spaniels and laying at the moment

Fragile - I prefer the B&W image out of the two. The clouds look quite sinister.

Welcome back to the madhouse Marsha.
Thanks Peter.

Bliss - Looks like the new addition to the family has made his/herself at home. Not being a cat person I feel the pose looks a little awkward but hey you should see how our two spaniels and laying at the moment

Lol, if you think this is awkward you should see some of her other positions! Cats really are crazy creatures and can squeeze into any gap in the name of comfort! She seriously affects any chance I have of commenting though, she likes to get her evening cuddles in, linky!

Fragile - I prefer the B&W image out of the two. The clouds look quite sinister.
Thanks, this was a strange morning. The calm after a crazy stormy night, but this main cloud made the effort to form a classic CB anvil, then promptly collapsed and dissipated. I never bothered much with understanding the met when I was controlling, all I cared for was bad weather as it meant I could go home :wideyed: Clouds out here are dangerous, I've been within 20 metres of three lightning strikes in a year :eek:

Scenic.

Hooray I made it up to Troodos. Thermal clad expecting it to be dam freezing! It was a rather sunny 11c! I actually used a WB card and got the snow white in camera, a few basic tweaks in LR and shadows lifted a touch in Photoshop CC to give it some punch. No polariser needed in this country!

Week 3: Scenic

CC welcome, thanks for dropping by.

Last edited:
And this weeks winner (IMO) is.....
Nothing to add Marsha :)

Hi, have to agree with the above comments, that twisted tree is brilliant too

And this weeks winner (IMO) is.....
Nothing to add Marsha :)

I really like that Marsha, lovely scene, can't fault it! Lovely blue sky.

that's a stunning shot Marsha!
Why thank you kindly everyone.

Can't add anymore critiques apart from just admiring and enjoy looking the image. :clap:

Never seen Troodos in the snow before always in sunny days.

Oh btw, I'm heading out to Paphos in Mid-March.

Thank you Stan.

March is a good time to visit, not too hot and the island might still have colour! It's currently lush and green, the plants have been loving the extreme rain we've had these last two weeks! But the temps are back up and expecting a lovely 20C this weekend. We are enjoying it while it's not ludicrously hot! This snow hasn't lasted long, this was last week:

Snow capped Troodos over Limassol.

Now you can hardly see the snow from the low ground.

Hi, have to agree with the above comments, that twisted tree is brilliant too
Cheers Alan. Lynne (@blondie606) found that tree when she visited in November. It really is a lovely tree!

Lovely scenic image Marsha.

Phil
Thanks Phil.

Last edited:
Hi Marsha, cracking shot! I really love that gnarled tree really nice trunk, and a great shape. The bright blue sky behind really makes it stand out well. Love that dark swirling shadow to the left thrown down by the tree. Nice bit of foreground rock and well exposed snow.
Lovely shot, great work(y)

OOO ... I love that tree in the snow shot too. (y)

I will just echo what everyone else has said above Marsha, that is a fantastic scene.
Crisp, colourful and the light quality is superb too.

Good work missus (as Lynne would say ;))

& I'm not at all envious....really , not even a little bit.....honestly :crying:

No crit from at all :clap::clap:

ps...you fancy a house guest next march :D

Cheers Lynne.

Next March? You mean I have to wait until 2016? We went a different route up Troodos yesterday, OMG we need to go there!

Scenic - a really beautiful image no crit from me either.

Scenic..

WoW, what a stunning photo.
Many thanks Mandy and Darren.

Gee whizz snow in cyprus.... Seriously a stunning image.
Cheers Mandy, yes, it gets dam cold here in winter. It was -10 at one point up them thar hills. It doesn't last long though, we've had t-shirt weather this weekend!

Stunning shot Marsha. The cloudless blue sky is a great backdrop.
Thanks Russell.

Hi Marsha, cracking shot! I really love that gnarled tree really nice trunk, and a great shape. The bright blue sky behind really makes it stand out well. Love that dark swirling shadow to the left thrown down by the tree. Nice bit of foreground rock and well exposed snow.
Lovely shot, great work(y)
Thanks Steve, that shadow changed so fast. When I got there it was a lot longer and my first images didn't look quite so good.

:agree: super shot!
Thank you.

OOO ... I love that tree in the snow shot too. (y)
Thanks David, I wish it was a little bit nearer!

I will just echo what everyone else has said above Marsha, that is a fantastic scene.
Crisp, colourful and the light quality is superb too.

Good work missus (as Lynne would say ;))
Cheers Iain. Although now I'm thinking I should have kept it for February's POTY :rolleyes: I liked this shot but didn't think it was quite so good, oops!

Hi Marsha

Bliss - hard to resist - the eyes have it!
Fragile - mono version for me though they are both very close
Scenic - just love it, nothing more to say!

Good WB, a very strong (but not over saturated) blue sky and an interested shaped tree on the third. My only crit would be to ask why did you walk all over that lovely snow :p

Back