weekly NCF15 52 for 2023 Week 52 Showcase

Week 12 Tunnel
Early 20th C Nitroglycerine manufacturing tunnels, part of a much larger explosives manufacturing site. The nitro part was built on top of a hill so that the resulting explosive could flow down to the next stage by gravity as it was too dangerous to handle. The tunnels went through a bank which protected the rest of the site in case of accident.

DSC00302-Pano-Edit.jpg
DSC00305.jpg
DSC00299.jpg

Those are really cool Nick (and a little bit spooky). Great story to fill in the background.

Nice images, I like No 2 due to the curves. Interesting place indeed

Good set and interesting background info. Number 2 for me, like the brick work and colours closely followed by the first

Interesting stuff! Scary work environment!

Yikes! Lovely shots and info to accompany. No 2 is the one for me.

Fascinating back story. If you came across them without knowing what they were then you'd really be head scratching. #2 fits the theme for me.

Both nice Nick, but I think you chose the right one. Nice and sharp, lovely soft background and nice water beads.

Both lovely images and very indicative of Spring. Nicely done and quick off the mark.

Both images are excellent but the colours on the first one and the water droplets make it for me, excellent use of Dof to highlight the flower.

Getting time for some catch-up comments:

Broken - It has definitely seen better days, suits the mono conversion.

Full - That's handy to have an internal ND filter as an option, worked well to show the movement,

Patterns - That's about the only thing I can grow as they need virtually no maintenance. Interesting change in tone from the centre out.

Tunnel - An interesting backstory, I'm sure the H&S wasn't as strict back then either so likely a very dangerous place to work.

Spring - Nice pleasing tones with the chosen DOF complementing the flowers.

Love both of these Nick but your chosen one is outstanding.

The chosen picture is amazing, its beautifully in focus and the fact you've got the water droplets in too is really lovely.

Fab shot Nick :)

An excellent shot... the aspect ratio suits the subject and the colour and reflections are great.

Chosen image is excellent. The repetition of the three boats, is that what we can them) with the wind filling the sails is great. The red white and blue colours work super well too.

Your 2 spring flowers were also excellent. Perfectly done and look to have been effortless!

They are all great, but your chosen image is fantastic. Very well caught.

A lovely set Nick. All super shots! You can tell the sailors are having a fun!

Fab set. The first and last float my boat :D

First and Last for me as well, a shame about whats in the background, but it can't be helped these days.

They all seem to be having fun. Excellent set.

Pete

Great set. Your chosen shot certainly has impact.
No. 2 is also very good showing the effort and concentration needed for this.

Lovely set and your chosen picture the best I think,

Firs picture might have been even better with the pylon & cables edited out?

Amazing shots Nick. You know that they're all good when the commenters all choosing different ones as their favourite :D

Cracking shot - everything works in threes and you've captured an excellent balance in that image. The colours are fantastic too.

Super images, they work together and give a good overall impression of the day.

Took me a second to work out it's a dog in the distance.
Nice angle for the shot and I like the way the sky is similar colour to the steel, liking the grey through the whole image in B&W

Back