weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Thanks, all, appreciate the feedback. Really like how folk are drawn to different photographs.

Is it week 2 yet!!

You back on line proper, Dean, or are you in some pokey Internet cafe :)

Cheers.

Thanks, all, appreciate the feedback. Really like how folk are drawn to different photographs.

Is it week 2 yet!!

You back on line proper, Dean, or are you in some pokey Internet cafe :)

Cheers.
On my old laptop mate... had to steal it back from my wife :shake:

On a good note my PC has been collected by couriers today so hopefully they will get into it tomorrow and get it back next week, I'll have to take my pics and wait until it gets back before I edit/upload em :)

Dark Knight said:
On my old laptop mate... had to steal it back from my wife :shake:

On a good note my PC has been collected by couriers today so hopefully they will get into it tomorrow and get it back next week, I'll have to take my pics and wait until it gets back before I edit/upload em :)

Good show...life without a computer....gasp...eeeek...falls over!

Nice take on sin with the condom, great lighting and framing. Going to be tough to top this one :D

Greetings Professor Giddyness :D for me, I prfer the first version of your bottle, the slightly reduced lighting works very well when compared with your next version, but the durex image is a "brilliant" idea, b+w suits it so well, cracking dof on the pin, probably one of the most fitting images for a theme I have seen since we started. :clap:

michael23 said:
Greetings Professor Giddyness :D for me, I prfer the first version of your bottle, the slightly reduced lighting works very well when compared with your next version, but the durex image is a "brilliant" idea, b+w suits it so well, cracking dof on the pin, probably one of the most fitting images for a theme I have seen since we started. :clap:

Cheers, Michael and hope alls going well.

It is week 2 yet...

Cheers.

I really like the condom shot - a good interpretation of the theme and a nice crisp, well-lit image.

Aww, I liked the percentage of negative space in your original image but also the upgraded version where you can read the whole word. I think i'd prefer them merged! :LOL:
Like the JD pic too btw.

All good now thanks. Week 2 lol, I an trying really hard to get my brain into gear for week 1!

I really like the condom shot - a good interpretation of the theme and a nice crisp, well-lit image.

Aww, I liked the percentage of negative space in your original image but also the upgraded version where you can read the whole word. I think i'd prefer them merged! :LOL:
Like the JD pic too btw.

Thanks, all. Another blooming week to wait for week 2 :bonk:

Cheers.

great framing and lighting in both shots.. I think I prefer the first shot to look at but the condom one fits the theme better for me.. if that makes sense :)

mich66 said:
great framing and lighting in both shots.. I think I prefer the first shot to look at but the condom one fits the theme better for me.. if that makes sense :)

Cheers. It seems aaaggesssss since the Sin theme was posted...

Nice lighting on your first image Andy. The sort of image I can imagine with condensation across it. Not so keen on your condom image, which whilst technically good is just a little too sinful ;)

ok here goes.........

Pic 1 I like the amount of detail you have in the foil area not sure I really understand the reasoning for the blackness is that what you mean by negative space?

Pic 2 It fits the SIN subject wonderfully I just prey you don work in a chemist :)

Last edited:
Nice lighting on your first image Andy. The sort of image I can imagine with condensation across it. Not so keen on your condom image, which whilst technically good is just a little too sinful ;)

Condensation, never crossed my mind :bonk::bonk::bonk:

The condom is very Sinful, but does happen!!

ok here goes.........

Pic 1 I like the amount of detail you have in the foil area not sure I really understand the reasoning for the blackness is that what you mean by negative space?

Pic 2 It fits the SIN subject wonderfully I just prey you don work in a chemist :)

Nice and decent C&C.

I thought a lot about the composition of #1. I didn't want a central composition so decided to offset it and use negative space to emphasise the bottle and text.

If you're interested here is a quick article on negative space clicky linky

#2, yeah, just came to me. Sinful indeed.

Cheers, all.

Well, Season attempt #1 failed. Pre visualisation.....eeekkk.

Quite strange how a theme that appears to have so many ideas can be quite hard.

I hear that it may be snowing Monday....:)

Cheers.

Hi, all.

Firstly, Best viewed via Flickr :)

#1 beginnings of a new Season. Found this bulb in our yard...blooming squirrels. Wanted to get in close with shallow DOF and have another go at light painting. I upped the exposure and made sure I left some shadows in there.

#2, a photograph that represents to stark and comparatively minimal nature of Winter. I did very little to the sky because it was almost totally white. I exposed for the sky to put the trees into silhouette and brought back a smidgen of the FG. I was really happy with the detail in the trees, even at 100%.

Anyway, here you go and :clap: to those that made it to week 2!

Week 2 2 Season by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Week 2 Season by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
2nd pic for me can't fault it excellent pp and composition 1st one is good either one would have done but No2 i love the stark black and white had a look on flickr too excellent :clap:

I agree, they're both brilliant, but the second one has to win it for me. The dark and sparse atmosphere fits winter perfectly, where we sit in cold and dark waiting for spring and to thaw our feet out. I also agree that it would look great on a wall.

Last edited:
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm not a big fan of number 1. Either it's too simple, or there's not enough to keep my attention.

Number 2? (y)

Number 2 for me.

When I first look at it I think it looks really simple, just black and white, but then all the detail of the empty branches start drawing my eye.

Cracking shot.

I really like both these shots, really like the dof and colour on the first and like everything about the second.

LOving them both - if had had to pick a fave, I think the bulb might just edge it. Love the colours, & the pure simplicity of it.

I would prefer a little bit more depth of field on the bulb shot, I do like the shape of it though.

The trees are fab. Lovely composition, works well in mono and very seasonal. (y)

& he strikes again with 2 shots ...you have wayyyyy too much time on your hands mister :p

#1 for me.....love the clarity & detail of the bulb , well lit with just a hint of shadow :clap: The only little niggle is the upper part of the stem...color seems a bit to strong & " clean " for want of a better word with a hint of yellow fringing round the very tip ?

#2...for me , whilst I envy your ability with exposure , holds no interest for my eye's...maybe bigger would change my mind..sorry :crying:

Back