weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

That is a brilliant gravy train :D

The silhouette for season 2 is absolutely fantastic, definitely my pick of the bunch.

The condom for sin really has me worried, disturbingly well captured, mood, motive and malice all together!

Thats excellent thinking :clap:
Was looking forward to a nosey round the rest, but this site has slowed down to beyond ridiculous for me and its just toooooo frustrating :bang:
Seems they're trying to get it sorted, so I'll be back later (and maybe pinch an idea) :D

I think I must be on SoH bypass; didn't get it until the frst couple of crits! Well done, and what an imagination!

Oh good god. How can you live with yourself after doing that? :cautious:

Another really well executed shot. Tidy background, clean lines, contrast works really well. Plus it made me laugh. Not quite sure what I can see reflected in the front of the gravity boat, though.

Thanks, didn't notice the reflection...too busy trying to stop the damn letters sinking :bonk:

Very clever not in a million years would that pass through my head :clap: humour is always good ;)

Cheers, Allan.

Very clever, love it :)

Thanks.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:....only you :D

Can't offer crit as giggling too much :clap:

I'll take that as a compliment :D

Thats VERY clever!! (y)

Cheers.

Quick off the mark Andy (y)

Nice clean lines to this, clean background, a fun and creative take on the theme. Nowt more to add but I am willing to bet that this won't be your final submission for the week eh? ;)

Thanks, Iain, nope that's me done for this week......:LOL:

Hahaaaaa very fun Andy :D

Good Blacks, nice white porcelain and a nice sparkle to the letters (y)

Cheers. I do need to do more research on greeting rid of reflections.

Superb Andy.

Great idea with the cryptic clue.

Well handled pov, focus and lighting

Nice :)

Clear and sharp.

That is a brilliant gravy train :D

The silhouette for season 2 is absolutely fantastic, definitely my pick of the bunch.

The condom for sin really has me worried, disturbingly well captured, mood, motive and malice all together!

Cheers. Malice in Sin, indeed.

Brilliant!! Very clever..

The photo itself is very good. I love your no.2 photo from week 2 also. It'd make a great landscape canvas!

Thanks, yeah, I might just gets it printed.

Thats excellent thinking :clap:
Was looking forward to a nosey round the rest, but this site has slowed down to beyond ridiculous for me and its just toooooo frustrating :bang:
Seems they're trying to get it sorted, so I'll be back later (and maybe pinch an idea) :D

Cheers, hope you get your connection sorts soon (y)

Must admit it took me a few seconds of "WHAT!!" Very funny and beautifully done

Thanks (y)

Absolutely brilliant take on gravity. Simply awesome image. I love the back background.. something i am completely unable to achieve at the moment.

Cheers, getting a clean BG isn't easy, I had to practice loads :bonk:

I think I must be on SoH bypass; didn't get it until the frst couple of crits! Well done, and what an imagination!

:LOL:, cheers Chris.

like your take on the theme.. good lighting and it looks great on that black background

My wife, daughter and neighbours think I nuts. In back yard, very cold making this photograph. Jackie wouldn't let me open the veranda door while photographing. She opened it a bit while I passed the remote through the gap for her to press the shutter. Then promptly closed it and locked me out :D

Anyway, Gravity number 2.

Week 3 Gravity 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy

Did you not reply to Iain "Thanks, Iain, nope that's me done for this week...... " :thinking:

Gravity #2 - good capture of yourself but b/g puts me off - hard to say why - a bit drab? Snow is a bit blue and shot says levitation rather than gravity - altho i accept that it may be 'Defying Gravity'

But super PP skills and brave to do it in all that snow.

All in all prefer#1 - much superior. "Attraction? Find it in the the gravy"

Very well executed here Andy - love the undisturbed snow atop the bench, that adds to the illusion. As does the absence of any flattened clothing along your back.

You maybe look a little bright compared to the rest of the scene??

Great work.

Wonder if I can recreate with no PP.

You always come up with a good take on the theme.

Hi Andy

Did you not reply to Iain "Thanks, Iain, nope that's me done for this week...... " :thinking:

Gravity #2 - good capture of yourself but b/g puts me off - hard to say why - a bit drab? Snow is a bit blue and shot says levitation rather than gravity - altho i accept that it may be 'Defying Gravity'

But super PP skills and brave to do it in all that snow.

All in all prefer#1 - much superior. "Attraction? Find it in the the gravy"

Very well executed here Andy - love the undisturbed snow atop the bench, that adds to the illusion. As does the absence of any flattened clothing along your back.

You maybe look a little bright compared to the rest of the scene??

Great work.

Wonder if I can recreate with no PP.

You always come up with a good take on the theme.

What you really mean is that she threw you out the upstairs window while you were asleep and got someone to take the picture before you landed

Looks a little dark on my screen but very nicely done

Cheers, this was very much an idea to get me out of the house and try to improve levitation photography.

I really must get my laptop calibrated because it looks OK on there, brightness wise, but on iPad it does look dark. Black waterproofs didn't help either...I did consider wearing my onesy but it was way too cold :D

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

gravity #1 - shocking. I don't think you'll be forgiven for that one :LOL:

gravity #2 is well executed, framed and lit. After the unforgiveable attempt that was gravity #1 I think this should have been done over a bed of sharp nails or hot coals or similar :)

1. Good grief! Concept 'different' but execution very good!
2. Smashing shot - I like the illusion.

Hi Andy,
Good work on your 2nd submission :cautious: for this weeks theme.

It looks fine on my laptop screen, not too dark at all. I can quite clearly see the separation between your black trousers and the background.

The undisturbed snow beneath you is a nice touch, great pp skills it works for me. Could you give a brief outline of how these are done please?

Hi Andy,

gravity #1 - shocking. I don't think you'll be forgiven for that one :LOL:

gravity #2 is well executed, framed and lit. After the unforgiveable attempt that was gravity #1 I think this should have been done over a bed of sharp nails or hot coals or similar :)

How very dare you ;) Hot coals, anything for my photography :D

1. Good grief! Concept 'different' but execution very good!
2. Smashing shot - I like the illusion.

'Tis good to be different (y)

Hi Andy,
Good work on your 2nd submission :cautious: for this weeks theme.

It looks fine on my laptop screen, not too dark at all. I can quite clearly see the separation between your black trousers and the background.

The undisturbed snow beneath you is a nice touch, great pp skills it works for me. Could you give a brief outline of how these are done please?

Yeah, looks OK on one of my screens but a tad dark on the other.

Basically, it involves taking two photographs, on this occasion I took a photograph of the garden with out me in it, and then I placed a chair on the table and laid on it. In PS I then layers the two photographs and erased the chair. It's quite easy to do in PS, but care is needed to get the photographs correct in camera, exposue and compostion wise.

If you add multiplicity in Youtube there are several good vidoes, the best one for me was of the girl in the back garden.

Let me know if yuio can't find it and I'd like to see what you produce because it's great fun :D

Cheers.

Gravy..it GROAN!!!!!! :D

Nice PP skills on the second, something I must try myself. Maybe you could have positioned yourself if you were falling rather than floating :shrug:

(y)

I like em both I've always enjoyed a good pun so the first was a real smiler, nice lighting on that white ceramic.

#2 is a bit too "false", I'm not sure why.:shrug:

3 down 48 to go (that's a 17th of the way there already) :)

Gravity no.2. Levitation. Very clever, I think you've done a fine job.

I like em both I've always enjoyed a good pun so the first was a real smiler, nice lighting on that white ceramic.

#2 is a bit too "false", I'm not sure why.:shrug:

3 down 48 to go (that's a 17th of the way there already) :)

Yeah, the lighting could have been better in #2.

17th done...eeekkk

Gravity no.2. Levitation. Very clever, I think you've done a fine job.

Thanks for the comments (y)

No 1 is excellent love the commical side you found there and No 2 is great I dont use any PP as yet so to see it being used to such a good standard is great

Thanks, always good to inject a sense if humour.

Andy - Love the 2nd Gravity, really well done, looks very effective on my monitor (Un-calibrated mind you) I like the background, not overpowering but continuing the winter feel...

My choice between the 2, Hmmmmmm tough choice :thinking:

Cheers. Week 4 soon :D

Haha, great fun. (y)

Cheers (y)

funny...I could've sworn you said...Nope, thats me done this week :LOL:

Great pp , not gonna crit as not something I could've done....I'm just waiting for 3rd one :p

Back