SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

Hi ya Del boy.....(that image sticks in my mind...could make a living as a double :D )

Living ...hmmmm....too dark for me , sorry ...can see what you were getting at though

Light....not sure which made me chuckle most... the thought of a police 'copter light or you being abducted :LOL: like the high angle :clap:

Reshoot of Living...very spooky...all those Kev's ....a scene in a comic book or film trailer...(y)

Loving that new avatar by the way :love: you're def coming out of your shell (y)

blondie606 said:
Hi ya Del boy.....(that image sticks in my mind...could make a living as a double :D )

Living ...hmmmm....too dark for me , sorry ...can see what you were getting at though

Light....not sure which made me chuckle most... the thought of a police 'copter light or you being abducted :LOL: like the high angle :clap:

Reshoot of Living...very spooky...all those Kev's ....a scene in a comic book or film trailer...(y)

Loving that new avatar by the way :love: you're def coming out of your shell (y)

Thanks Lynne ;) ... First living was rubbish as I rushed it...second was a flash of multiplicity

.....I get the feeling you're suggesting the later has already happened for light...or is wishful thinking for some people. :D

As for the avatar . Thanks. That one has probably gotten the most attention on flickr ...so rather chuffed ...

Hi ya Mr Bond....

& you're right...cats let YOU live with THEM....and woe betide you should you forget :LOL:

as per Michael...cute teddy n kitty......but...

why so dark ? the lighting seems to be on ted's leg ? Or have I missed the point ( again ! )The scene is cute for sure...just feel you could have done much better...especially having seen your maison bleu shots (y)

Sorry ...don't mean to sound negative....just saying as I see it

Hi ya Mr Bond....

:shake:

& you're right...cats let YOU live with THEM....and woe betide you should you forget :LOL:

as per Michael...cute teddy n kitty......but...

why so dark ? the lighting seems to be on ted's leg ? Or have I missed the point ( again ! )The scene is cute for sure...just feel you could have done much better...especially having seen your maison bleu shots (y)

Sorry ...don't mean to sound negative....just saying as I see it

you're not being negative ..or sounding it anyway... i wanted a desaturated look. i hastily took the photo thinking she was going to move.. but wanted to have it looking aged in some way...?? destressed.. i don't know.. maison de bleu (and chateau rouge) are a different beast...the way they think i can't always recreate. somehow i wanted the two challenges to be different..apart? and now the 52 draws to a conclusion shortly. and i'll be lost in selective colour forever.. :help:

Mentalblock said:
The living shot is a good idea, hard to make out what's in it though at first.

Light, I see the mother ship has come back for you!
Nice idea and hits the theme.

I like teh reshoot, very spooky, the eyes are great.

Cute, ye it's cute I guess, but how would us blokes know unless it's a lady!

Yeah...living was a bum cigar really. Hence zombieland ...

As for light...this was my recreation of the day of my exile... Id gone to the comic book store while the rest had hit the shops and pub...when I came back ..they'd already hit preflight checks and couldn't stop countdown....this could be more evidence for intelligent life out there....the fact they didn't come back...

As for cute...I guess reading the text meant you knew the cat is female... Still a sleeping cat is cute...though a kitten is far cuter ...but my experiments into age regression were objected to by the local WI citing their meeting on jam making looked more like a preschool breakfast group...........another reason why the mother ship didn't come back I guess :(

Great, I love it!

It reminds me of the old "Alias Smith and Jones" talking heads sketches.

It is well lit, and the processing adds to the shot.

Well done.

Adie

Webby962 said:
Great, I love it!

It reminds me of the old "Alias Smith and Jones" talking heads sketches.

It is well lit, and the processing adds to the shot.

Well done.

Adie

Thanks adie

That's exactly what I had in mind. As for comments about lighting. Big thank you considering your submissions for your 52 (y)

rpn said:
:p very good Kev, bring a wee smile to my (ugly) face :) :D

I like the different pose and the pp. I think beer :beer: and some empty pints may be better than Costa!

I actually have similar idea but more of the 'Smith and Jones' kinda Face-to-Face pose! :LOL:

Cheers stan ... I used Costa as a tribute to andys project 100 Costa...but I can imagine your idea of actual face to face pose...

Outstanding once again. Your shots over the last few themes have gone from strength to strength. Great composition, and great post work.

Well shot.

Adie

Outstanding once again. Your shots over the last few themes have gone from strength to strength. Great composition, and great post work.

Well shot.

Adie

thanks adie... i think the intensity of the challenges i've put myself through the last three months has really brought my photography on i feel... killed me half the time thinking and missing dead lines...but i know what you mean.. (y)

Hi, Kev....:thinking:

I've missed your last 3 for some reason...

Anyway, Cute, is that a real cat?? Looks fake to me :cautious: Works well and I like how the bear's head is inclined down. Looks a bit noisy.

Talk...I have to say, throughout your threads you've demonstrated a real sense of humour, deadpan at times, which works for me and you've done it again with this one. I'm damned if I can fault this one....:bat:

Weather, well, well, well..... and a :bat: to boot. Bloody amazing and one of the best I've seen so far. B&W, vignetting, very well composed...(y) Just the BG is an issue for me, I find it a bit distracting. Top of a mountain, overlooking a sweeping landscape would have been a poster-worthy photograph.

Well done, pal...(y)

Hi, Kev....:thinking:

I've missed your last 3 for some reason...

...because i am ninja ..sneaking past your spidey senses!! :naughty:

Anyway, Cute, is that a real cat?? Looks fake to me :cautious: Works well and I like how the bear's head is inclined down. Looks a bit noisy.

I shot them as i see them...cat wouldn't sit anywhere else... i don't tell cat where to sit, she doesn't tell me what aperature to use.. :shrug: as for noisy...its a cat and a teddy bear.. how noisy do you want them to be?

Talk...I have to say, throughout your threads you've demonstrated a real sense of humour, deadpan at times, which works for me and you've done it again with this one. I'm damned if I can fault this one....:bat:

kerching (y)

Weather, well, well, well..... and a :bat: to boot. Bloody amazing and one of the best I've seen so far. B&W, vignetting, very well composed...(y) Just the BG is an issue for me, I find it a bit distracting. Top of a mountain, overlooking a sweeping landscape would have been a poster-worthy photograph.

Well done, pal...(y)

...and mountains ... in the fens?? http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=348557???

Hi ya Kev

Weather....liking it...took a while of looking at it but it's grown on me...I think ! Backgrounds are what they are when shooting in real life situations....like the detail in the sleet...still thinking about the color,maybe my monitor is carp...want to see B&W but seeing blues in there ? Nice shot though (y)

blondie606 said:
Hi ya Kev

Weather....liking it...took a while of looking at it but it's grown on me...I think ! Backgrounds are what they are when shooting in real life situations....like the detail in the sleet...still thinking about the color,maybe my monitor is carp...want to see B&W but seeing blues in there ? Nice shot though (y)

Lynne...your monitor is probably correct it has under tones of blue in it...its the cross processing I employ. I didn't want kt to be simply mono.. ;)

Back