100 Strangers Complete!!

Wow - Superb. It has been a pleasure to see this project unfold and I am pretty sure we all got almost as much out of it as you did. Congratulations Iain. :clap:

Wow - Superb. It has been a pleasure to see this project unfold and I am pretty sure we all got almost as much out of it as you did. Congratulations Iain. :clap:

@Brian_of_Bozeat

Thanks Brian (y)
Such kind comments, I have thoroughly enjoyed this my first round of 100 strangers.
Thank you for your comments and words of encouragement along the way.

Chests :cow:

Excellent and well done Iain. (y) A lot of outstanding shots, always enjoy coming here to catch-up your latest submissions.

Congrats and well done again. :clap:

Thanks Stan (y)

Well done on doing this Iain.

I've enjoyed looking at the portraits and one thing that struck me was the diversity and character that you captured. Would make an excellent collage 10 x 10 as a large poster (y)

Well done on doing this Iain.

I've enjoyed looking at the portraits and one thing that struck me was the diversity and character that you captured. Would make an excellent collage 10 x 10 as a large poster (y)

Thanks Adrian (y)
I have posted both the colour and B&W collages on the previous page to this if you would like some idea how they all look together.
Just this weekend, I received my 2'x2' poster prints through from DSCL. I don't actually know what I am going to do with them but I know I am very pleased with the finished article :D

Thanks Adrian (y)
I have posted both the colour and B&W collages on the previous page to this if you would like some idea how they all look together.
Just this weekend, I received my 2'x2' poster prints through from DSCL. I don't actually know what I am going to do with them but I know I am very pleased with the finished article :D

So you did - I looked at them on your Flickr page and missed that. I think you've got to frame and hang it on the wall somewhere - an interesting one is always the cloakroom (if you have one) People spending a 'moment' and gives them time to think about the faces - probably a good conversation starter!

PS Did I say, you've got to frame and hang this!

@Buck
:D Thanks Adrian, my wife actually asked if I was going to hang the framed poster anywhere.
Not sure if it was an actual question or more of a statement of disbelief if you catch my drift? :D

Cloakroom wall would be good, certainly a talking point if visitors wanted to use the facilities having 100 pairs of eyes looking at them.

Great thread, great idea, great shots.
Didn't see the thread until now, so got to look at all of them together.
If I had to pick my fav, it would be "Chloe".

Great thread, great idea, great shots.
Didn't see the thread until now, so got to look at all of them together.
If I had to pick my fav, it would be "Chloe".

Thanks @Zimmer
Not sure I have a favourite myself. Some strangers are more memorable than others for various reasons!

@Byker28i
Thanks!
I have started another 100, I have put the thread in the people and portraits section. Only shot a couple so far, this 100 will most likely take a little longer than the first 100.

Hi Iain, feel I must drop in with a comment as I have really enjoyed this project, not a big fan of this type of thing as they are usually a little impersonal in the way that they are just 100 faces with no explanation,
I feel the same way about most of the street photography that gets posted, someone eating a sandwich outside a supermarket is not very interesting, I also find it quite exploitative the way they have been shot.
Thats enough of my ramblings on that matter.

The little brief biography (you don't need a lot to make it just that little bit more interesting) lifts it above the mundane
your choice of subject has been brilliant and the processing spot on and consistent

for me this is the way it should be done
congratulations on what is a superb piece of work :clap::clap:

@alsjazzera
Thanks Allan, the little biographys are a big part of it for me, hearing people's stories interested me as much as the photography.
I am glad you enjoyed it :)

Amazing collection! I love your photography style. The way your subjects and their backgrounds always complement each other is so delightful to the eyes. And I find the little facts about each person very interesting to read when accompanied by their gorgeous photos. Thanks for doing this project and sharing! :)

Inspiring stuff, congratulations

Thank you Chris, such kind comments :)

Amazing collection! I love your photography style. The way your subjects and their backgrounds always complement each other is so delightful to the eyes. And I find the little facts about each person very interesting to read when accompanied by their gorgeous photos. Thanks for doing this project and sharing! :)

Thank you Sheylara :)
I thoroughly enjoyed the project, my first 100 strangers and hope my second round is just as enjoyable.
Thanks again for such kind comments.

Got there in the end!

I loved looking at this. It's brilliant work. Get it seen!... Source, BJP, Lens Culture, local exhibition... whatever... don't just sit on it.

Got there in the end!

I loved looking at this. It's brilliant work. Get it seen!... Source, BJP, Lens Culture, local exhibition... whatever... don't just sit on it.

Thanks David, the next thing for it is getting a book done.
Beyond that, I have no idea how to take it forward.
I have started a second round of 100 strangers as I enjoyed the first 100 so much.

Thanks David, the next thing for it is getting a book done.
Beyond that, I have no idea how to take it forward.
I have started a second round of 100 strangers as I enjoyed the first 100 so much.

Submit it for review to BJP for a start, and an online review site like Lens Culture. That would be my advice. Just like the lottery... you gotta be in it, to win it :)

If anyone asks for you to write a proposal, PM me... I can help with that.

What a fantastic set of portraits! I've not read all the comments but I have looked at all the pictures. Good work. I hope you're going to have an exhibition now?

Submit it for review to BJP for a start, and an online review site like Lens Culture. That would be my advice. Just like the lottery... you gotta be in it, to win it :)

If anyone asks for you to write a proposal, PM me... I can help with that.

Fantastic David, thanks again for your input and thanks also for your offer of help. :)

What a fantastic set of portraits! I've not read all the comments but I have looked at all the pictures. Good work. I hope you're going to have an exhibition now?

Thank you snap-happy, an exhibition? Who knows!

I kinda lost track of this ( Along with a lot of other things for one reason or another)
I'm glad to see that its all completed, and as I've said before there are some very interesting characters there Iain.
Congrats (y)

I kinda lost track of this ( Along with a lot of other things for one reason or another)
I'm glad to see that its all completed, and as I've said before there are some very interesting characters there Iain.
Congrats (y)

Thanks Chris (y)
No worries about losing track. I enjoyed the project immensely, especially the people I met along the way.

I have just stumbled onto this. I love the concept it screams exhibition I feel. I can almost see it.
I remember a you tube video of a chap in America Joel somebody and he did similar but used a piece of paper as a background - he did 1500 people! Love your more though very well done.
Why didn't i think of that!

@Mark Dell
Thanks Mark, I take no credit for the concept, there's a whole group devoted to 100 Strangers over on flickr.
This is my version of it, thoroughly enjoyable. I am still working on the book for my project but I'm nearly there.
@Pookeyhead David suggested getting the work seen elsewhere too. I just need to get off my ar$e and do something about it.

Back