weekly 2020 - daveferguson - TP 52 Week 9 - Winter

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
WEEK 1 - Local Interest

The Kelpies, Falkirk

full

I'm guessing you must be in the same area as @StuartPearson then.
I guess they rotate the colours on the Kelpies. Is that a daily difference or a shorter period?
They do look good in the blue and from this perspective, the bright lights that Stuart was talking about at the base are not intrusive.

Loving the starbursts. Presumably a long exposure at f16 or something?

I'm guessing you must be in the same area as @StuartPearson then.
I guess they rotate the colours on the Kelpies. Is that a daily difference or a shorter period?
They do look good in the blue and from this perspective, the bright lights that Stuart was talking about at the base are not intrusive.

Loving the starbursts. Presumably a long exposure at f16 or something?

Thanks, yeah Stuart and I are both local to Falkirk. They actually rotate the colours each night approx every 30 secs. Sometimes they will keep a colour for special occasions for instance remembrance they will keep them red. Problem is the colour can sometimes change mid exposure. This is actually a stitch of 4 images using a fisheye to create a panoramic image and then slightly cropped hence the extreme distortion in front.

Exposure was 25 secs @ f10 although don’t really need the small aperture with fisheye.

Last edited:
Cracking shot - I'll be there in April and will add this toi my shot list :)

Very nice Dave, great reflections.

Lovely shot, great start to the challenge, I must visit here at some point :)

Week 2 - Pleasure(able)

This subject was a wee bit trickier, as there is so many things bring me pleasure personally. Chocolate isn't one of them but certainly brings pleasure to lots of people I suppose. This was actually shot with my iPhone and put through Snapseed. Im actually trying to see if I can do a whole year of just using my iPhone for images but as great as they are I can't see me managing to leave my other cameras aside just yet. Future project perhaps.

full

A simple subject with lots of detail (y)

I'm amazed how much detail is in that from such a tiny lens and sensor. And as we cannot get (real!) Cadbury's out here, definitely jealous, even if not pleasurable for you. Great framing of the two squares as well.

Love the first week image, great colours and nice reflections with stars to boot. Second week, well, what can I say, very pleasurable (mines all gone :( ) and as you know now the iPhone camera is very capable.

right on theme for me much better than all that booze others have posted. Good sharp detail.

Great composition and detail... don't think I've ever studied a piece of chocolate that closely :). I've just upgraded my phone and have been amazed at the quality of the camera.

Hi Dave

Nice Image of the Kelpies, I prefer it to the other one I have seen, reflections are great and the star bust on the lights add sparke.

Week2 Nice and simple and definatly a guilty pleasure, nice composition.

Pete

local interest - I've seen these horse heads here before! Great reflections, I like the wider view too. And I like the star bursts around the lights!

pleasure - Nice close-up shot of chocolate, great colours!

Week 3 - Tool(s)

Not particularly happy with this image. Suppose I like the fact it was one of the first tools you use at school after pencils/scissors etc.

Although its actually the scale off a macro slide. I use scales every day at work so probably why I'm not a huge fan of photograph :)

full

Last edited:
I can see what you mean. Not awe-inspiring but to theme and technically okay. Onto the next now :)

Back