weekly 52 in 2013: Brian of Bozeat : COMPLETE

Huzzah! A fellow member of the some cuddly toys are tacky brigade. :D

Well on theme, and I like (dunno if it was intentional), how your reflection fills the gap on the top shelf. (y)

A fun take on the theme Brian :D
The symmetry in composition works well here, good choice (y)

Its certainly on theme too. Good work (y)

Hi ya

Direction....cracking set of light trails there...brilliant location , so much going on & lovely starbursts from the streetlights...love it :clap:
AS for the mini...unbelievable....:wacky: but well spotted

Tacky...torn on this one...I love my cuddly stuffed toys :D yeah...guess you're right...Garfield with the heart is just :puke:

week 14 - Value.

A portrait of my son, with his "magic" card game. Nice to have him home for Easter, especially handy that he got these out today, each card has attack & defence values as well as a host of other interesting - so I'm told :D - characteristics. I went for an unusual angle to get it all in and to make it more interesting, I considered it a bonus when he gave me that "wtf are you doing standing on a chair" look!

week 14 - Value.jpg by Brian of Bozeat, on Flickr

Last edited:
I love that you use magic as value, very original, also there's the relative value angle, to him some of those cards will be very valuable and if he's a long time player he may have some of real monetary value.

Lots of values :)

Hi, Brian, I know that face very well. I did a few portraits of my daughter yesterday for Value and that face was also apparent :D

Good link to Value with the cards and the angle works really well.

Crit, well, it looks a tad OOF?

Cheers,

Hi, Brian, I know that face very well. I did a few portraits of my daughter yesterday for Value and that face was also apparent :D

Good link to Value with the cards and the angle works really well.

Crit, well, it looks a tad OOF?

Cheers,

Thanks. So you're an embarrassing parent too? :LOL:

Fair comment about the focus point... I confused myself as to what was the main subject here. :bonk:

I love that you use magic as value, very original, also there's the relative value angle, to him some of those cards will be very valuable and if he's a long time player he may have some of real monetary value.

Lots of values :)

Thanks. And there's a tie to Family values too! ;)

the angle of the shot works really well, no idea what "magic" cards are but as you say there are lots of values in there

Space - Lovely colours and composition. Superb take on the theme.

Work - Great motion blur, and a much much cleaner bike than mine!

Gluttony - No longer available

Juxtaposition - Nice shot, but it would work even without the car key wouldn't it?

Letter - Looks like a lovely quaint village, and nice shot.

Electric - Ooooh, that intentional camera movement is great. Really adds to the image.

Direction - I love light trails, and this is spot on for me. Wrong way up a slip road? There really are some ridiculously dumb drivers out there aren't there?

Tacky - Not so keen on the self portrait element of it, but you've captured some really tacky toys there!! I like the inclusion of the grabber. I'm guessing this was during a stop at some services.

Value - I like the angle you've shot from, the WTF look, and the multiple levels that 'value' works on.

Tacky.......Garfield is not tacky in any way or form :bat: but the grabber machine is so (y)

Value.......interesting view point, as the cards are too small in the frame to be the main focal point I'm drawn to your sons face which need to be in focus, especially with that expression.

Really great POV - making this a shot that stands out from the norm - on theme too for yet another tricky subject..

Great eye contact and expression from your son too...

Hey Brian - been keeping an eye on these shots on Flickr. Love "Value" - was an avid MtG player back in the day. Sold 'em all on FleaBay for peanuts. Really like the interesting PoV and it works well with the "look up". It's a shame about the focus point as others have said :(

Tacky is also quite ingenious. I like the way you've used yourself in the space on the shelf. Intentional?

Good to see you still going!

Ian.

Hi Brian

Value - very original pov for the theme. well caught expression , if a little oof as has been mentioned. I think that I agree with DK and would have concentrated on the cards, because as a non- afficionado of these games the 'value' element is a little subtle. Maybe too a little bit off the top and rhs - that would also emphasise the cards more too.

Aaarrrggghhhhhh...that is mental :LOL: really like this one. You look seriously delirious, in a good way :D

Good lighting and nice detail. Love the Del Boy BG.

Cheers.

I really liked Tacky, especially that you could almost be on the shelf (in terms of composition, he said hastily!).

Value... can't crit as there's nothing showing for some reason.

Greed... is awesome! Everything about it is so overdone, it's brilliant!

Aaarrrggghhhhhh...that is mental :LOL: really like this one. You look seriously delirious, in a good way :D

Good lighting and nice detail. Love the Del Boy BG.

Cheers.

Steady on. NO negatives? Are you feeling ok? :LOL:

Seriously - I had a lot of fun with this, Thanks.

I really liked Tacky, especially that you could almost be on the shelf (in terms of composition, he said hastily!).

Value... can't crit as there's nothing showing for some reason.

Greed... is awesome! Everything about it is so overdone, it's brilliant!

Thank you so much. I shall wear "Brilliant" as a crown for the whole weekend.

Outstanding :)

I love that!(y)

I wouldn't know where to start with crit, but there's nothing I don't like about it. The processing is great, it almost looks unreal. The messed up proportions, hands/biscuit/head works really well, and there's a stuck-on/collage animation feel to it that brings to mind Gilliam's Monty Python stuff. Lighting, colours and focus all spot on too. Cracking job!

Absolutely top work there Brian - Looks mightily impressive. That's the kind of idea I had but never attempted due to the number and scale of problems I foresaw - you've cracked it though.

It is a regular biscuit right?? That you've 'shopped in? Not a single shot? :LOL:

Processing suits - great job on both the face and the background. (y)

Wear your crown with pride matey!

Crazy.

I think this is a wonderful picture and you should be proud. Big jaffa cake, big hands, crazy background, and scary teeth.

Should raise a smile from even the most grumpy of critics.

I love it.

Ian.

Pic of the week there is no more to add, excellent.

Last edited:
I will just echo what everyone else has said Brian (y)

Top job, idea and execution on all levels just brilliant.

Outstanding :)

Thank you.

Greed :clap::clap: now have you got a coffee cup big enough to dunk it.

I Have! - lets hope next weeks theme is swimming!

I love that!(y)
I wouldn't know where to start with crit, but there's nothing I don't like about it. The processing is great, it almost looks unreal. The messed up proportions, hands/biscuit/head works really well, and there's a stuck-on/collage animation feel to it that brings to mind Gilliam's Monty Python stuff. Lighting, colours and focus all spot on too. Cracking job!

I Love Monty Python, and TG's stuff is amazing - perhaps you spotted a subconcoius influence? :thinking:

Crazy.

I think this is a wonderful picture and you should be proud. Big jaffa cake, big hands, crazy background, and scary teeth.

Should raise a smile from even the most grumpy of critics.

I love it.

Ian.

Thanks Ian, and thanks for your comments on Flickr too.

Pic of the week there is no more to add, excellent.

Then I shall take a bow...

:ty: Thanks everyone for your lovely supportive comments, I am overjoyed that my image has been so well received.
Especially as I was thinking of binning it and going for something more "normal" :LOL: What a lovely place TP is. :ty:

Hi Brian many aplolgoes for not getting here before now, this year has been a busy one! Only gone back for the last few weeks.

Electric, OMG I feel drunk looking at that! It works very well though :clap:

Direction, great symmetry here. Nice light trails around the roundabout and star bursts on the street lights (y)

Tacky, Now the angry birds stuffed thing is tacky but how very dare you to suggest that Garfield is tacky! I like the composition with the frame split three ways and straight edges framing the shot (y) A cheeky SP in there too :D

Value, sorry, can't seem to see this one on Flickr, it says image currently unavailable.

Greed, is VERY clever :clap: Great composition and processing. And that is what I call the perfect sized Jaffa cake :love: I particularly like the wavy texture in the wall and how it contrasts nicely with the wrinkles across your forehead! Not that I'm saying you're wrinkly or anything :whistle:

Greed is an outstanding shot, not sure how you did it - props or photoshop - well done !

Week 16 - Angles.

A wide angle lens and the low angle of the sun helped me to capture some atmosphere in the woods on Aspley heath yesterday morning. I absolutely :love: this place, running here with my group on Thursday evenings is always the highlight of my week.

week 16 - Angles.jpg by Brian of Bozeat, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice capture here Brian - there's an angle too in the fallen tree in the foreground ;) - works for the theme and nice calming shot too.

Nice capture here Brian - there's an angle too in the fallen tree in the foreground ;) - works for the theme and nice calming shot too.

Thanks Graham, I meant to mention the fallen tree...

Oh, and I needed some calm after last weeks shot :nuts:

I do like this shot Brian but I think the "angle" of your POV may be improved by getting a bit lower down and perhaps closer to those fallen trunks. They don't create quite enough of a strong foreground interest for me.

The sun peeking through the trees and the colours in the sky are lovely though. It looks like a wonderful place to visit. We're so lucky in this country.

Ian.

P.S I see your avatar has changed :)

Back