A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. Discussion. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
TalkPhotography Day

To all TP'ers.

One united forum and a very special challenge!

The membership of TP has hit amazing levels with people from all walks of life and favorite subject matter. With that in mind the challenge will be to take one picture on the 30th August 2010 (the summer bank holiday so most will be able to take part) that represents your photographic passion with one image. The subject can be absolutely anything you like so long as it is taken at that specific date. Editing and PP is allowed – the competition has no content boundaries.

If your chosen subject allows, it would be great if we could have shots indicative of the time of day:

Morning
Noon
Evening
Night

This is so that the showcase can represent the passing of a TP day in photographs. It would be great to get complete coverage from dawn to dusk if some of the lovely outdoor toggers could oblige?

The TP staff and I would love for as many of the active membership to participate as possible – be they professional, hobbyist or just starting out. You can take the image by yourself, organise a meet or use a studio with other members, the decision is yours.

All the images will then be put into a special TP gallery – to showcase and demonstrate the simply amazing talent and people that this forum harbours. There will also be a slideshow made up of all the images for your viewing pleasure. Every image will be included; this challenge is about uniting TalkPhotography with the subject that binds us – the love of taking photographs. Each member will only be able to submit one shot; a shot that defines their passion and favourite subject matter. Your submitted image will be to the best of your ability; to demonstrate your skill, technique and how TalkPhotography has helped you develop.

Please signup and discuss here in this thread and post your entry here - Entry Thread Link.

For the slideshow we would like a higher res/size image than the forum permits so please send your full res final image to SNIP along with your username so that credit can be given, and the time at which the shot was taken so that they can be grouped together, and the location of the shot. The full res images will only be used for the slideshow and will be deleted once imported into it.

Spread the word! This forum is simply superb, so let us give something back and unite in one day!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Count me in (y) You know I support ya smooth :love:

Thanks for the quick support you three :)

You could help publicise the event by putting the text below into your forum signature that would be awesome! :love:

[CENTER][URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2845423#post2845423"][B]TalkPhotography™ Day. [/B][/URL]
[URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2845423#post2845423"][B]One forum. One Showcase. [/B][/URL]
[/CENTER]

Just copy and paste the above into your User CP>Edit Signature.

Thank yooooou!

Liking this

Go on then, count me in

Cracking idea indeedy
(and i have a whole month to think about what i am going to take, hooray:LOL:)

:) Awesome. Cheers Robin - and thanks for pioneering the sig!

How long will you be holding the submissions open - I'd like to be able to submit something, but it'll probably be on film, and I'm not sure I can Shoot, Soup and Scan in the same day (indeed it may be on Kodachrome, so will need a round trip to Dwaynes in Kansas :shrug:)

Awesome, awesome idea - what's the deadline for submissions, I assume some time after the day itself what with a 23:59 time and all.

Cracking idea, count me in 100%!

It's a great idea - brilliant in fact.

The only limiting factor is the times the photo's 'have' to be taken - is this going to be 'enforced'? In some ways it may not be possible as people may drop the exif detail during editing....

Just a thought..

Count me in anyway!!

Matt

Well its now been added to my sig - c'mon peeps lets help smoothie-woothie :D

The idea started as 'a moment in TP time' but the staff and I decided this would be too prohibitive on those members who were busy at that point. I am hoping we will get some shots indicative of the hour :)

Bujjer.......hell of a time to quit drinking....I'm in.....

Great idea oh smooth one.

Might have to try and give this a go. Will need to think on exactly what I want to shoot.

Tony

Would loved to have taken part, but am on the dreaded night shift, so will either be at work (no cams alowed) or in bed :shake:

JennyB - all he says is that it has to be "indicative" of the hour - not spot on....so I suspect there's room for movement.......
I am hoping we will get some shots indicative of the hour :)

I think if you dump the hour thing and just make it the date - then you could be on to a winner.

What an absolutely cracking idea... (y)

Count me most certainly IN!

It'll be very interesting to see what people do too!

Great idea. I'm in.

Right guys and gals.

I can totally see where you are all coming from. The times have now been removed. :)

I would ask though if some people would undertake the challenge to cover different times of day so we get a nice feeling of 'The TP Day'.

Thank you Conor for your kind offer of assistance. Yes please to the exit reader matey.

With that in mind could everyone make sure that their full res images contain exit data please.

Thank you to all the people who have already signed up and also those who have suggested the amendment. I now see how restrictive this could be - one of my main passions for this project is that everyone submit an image that represents their own passion for photography, and like Jenny points out, it would be hard (without copious amounts of superglu) to get a deer in the right pose at exactly the right time.

Thank you lovely TP ladies and gentlemen, for sharing in this project :)

Personal request: please go and spread the word of this project. This is the TP showcase. Your showcase :D

Last edited:
:)

We have now added in a bit more content about getting the shots required to demonstrate the time passing :)

Thanks to Paul and the staff for their input on this one (y)

Would be great to see some signatures spreading the word from you wonderful early adopting pioneers of the TP Day project :D

Last edited:
Count me in Matt (y)

Already starting to think about what shot to take and at what time :thinking:

Me too Matt. Mine is going to be an evening shot because I'll be out togging all day but not at anything I'm passionate about. Ideas are already coming for that. ;)

im in matt..and scott is right, cheesier than a double cheeseburger at a cheese factory in switzerland.

Morning Noon and Night was the suggestion we gave matt to play with after he suggested the idea of the day thread, but we had nothing to do with the title :D

we had nothing to do with the title

owl_orly.png

Seriously though, it sounds like something from the World Cup, or a U-2 album (One world, one voice).

Yeah, count me in too. No idea at the moment what part of the day I'll beable to cover. Depends what shift I'll be working that day. (BH's are just another day in the retail world.)

scott..absolutely not us. If you find any cheese like that anywhere else here id be amazed!

Back