weekly Adam-Green 2017 52 - Week 1

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Having taken my practice (week 0) photo on film, having it processed on time was not possible. I really liked the setup and hoping it comes out as I hoped.

Week 1, order, a very open subject that I for some reason this week found so difficult to get something I liked. Lot's of ideas, little time and poor preparations leaves me with this photo. However has already started me on a good swing of getting my camera out in 2017.

31870341310_5e61f22eff_z.jpg

CC Welcome

Hope everyone enjoyed the first week.

Adam

Last edited:
Hi Adam :)

The link on the 'Photos only thread' sends people to flickr and not here, you need to edit it otherwise you will get very few visitors :)

The shot sure fits the theme, has good verticals and nice to see blue sky too, good start for your 52, and I look forward to seeing your wk0 image once you get the prints (y)

I often find these open topics quite difficult, nothing worng with your photo at all though and an interesting and different take on the theme.

Welcome Adam. Definitely Order so spot on for the theme. Like the fact that you've managed to keep the detail in the sky. (Roll on May - Sept ... don't like this winter malarkey)

Hi Adam, Good shot. I like the positioning of the notice in the frame. I went down to Southwold beach where we have similar restrictions with the same idea as you but couldn't find such a strong shot as you have.

Thanks guys, personally feel it is missing something but not sure what..

John, this is just down the road in Aldeburgh. You also live in southwold?

Great photo,
I like that you have still got a great background to the photo. Also great colour even though it's winter

Hi Adam ... I like it :) ... but I'd crop the wooden thing at the bottom.:thinking:

Hi Adam.
The subjects with the most latitude can often be the hardest to shoot for, just because...
I think this is the first image I've seen interpreting Order the way you have :)

You've used the rule of thirds, the horizon is (nearly) horizontal, I think what would help the image is pumping up the mid tones so that the sky / clouds have more definition.

Order -Simple but effective and a good take on the theme

Well done for getting out with the camera.

I would agree with David that the wooden bit at the bottom could be cropped out but otherwise a good shot for the theme.

Sure fits the theme, and nice landscape behind the sign.

Back