Monthly AdamGP86's 12 for 13

Hi, Adam, catch up time.

Leading lines, they are on theme, but #1 doesn't really lead anywhere; #2 is more implied, but the climbers are quite small.

High speed, I didn't find these easy, main issue was using glass. You've done well, #2 for me, more dynamic.

Levitation, crackers, really liking these and I suspect no PPing to get the levitation :clap:

Story photographs, like the processing and especially #6.

Reflection, of the 3, it's #1 for me. It's an interesting building, and a oity you couldn't get more in the reflection.

Self portrait, good take on the theme. Pity about the marks on the mirror and TV.

From the hip, on theme and good detail. Quick WB edit, maybe and a slight crop from the RHS.

Joiner effect, on theme and well composed...just not a very interesting building IMO.

Shadow, :LOL: on theme and nice, defined shadow.

Well, caught up and I'll miss no more.

Cheers.

Hi, Adam, catch up time.

Leading lines, they are on theme, but #1 doesn't really lead anywhere; #2 is more implied, but the climbers are quite small.

High speed, I didn't find these easy, main issue was using glass. You've done well, #2 for me, more dynamic.

Levitation, crackers, really liking these and I suspect no PPing to get the levitation :clap:

Story photographs, like the processing and especially #6.

Reflection, of the 3, it's #1 for me. It's an interesting building, and a oity you couldn't get more in the reflection.

Self portrait, good take on the theme. Pity about the marks on the mirror and TV.

From the hip, on theme and good detail. Quick WB edit, maybe and a slight crop from the RHS.

Joiner effect, on theme and well composed...just not a very interesting building IMO.

Shadow, :LOL: on theme and nice, defined shadow.

Well, caught up and I'll miss no more.

Cheers.

Thanks for the constructive feedback

Good start for September, Adam. On theme for me I like to see clearer definition of the shadow.

Thanks,

I'm thinking i might have another go and see it i can get a sharper shadow. I have a couple similar ideas to try

ok so for my last shot this month i decided to attempt "Shoot the passage of time"

From reading the article it appears all i needed to do was load a stack a load images and combine them with the lighten blend mode.

I shot a short time-lapse and booted up cs2 and realised this would be a very time consuming affair as i couldn't easily batch import them so i decided it would be fun to knock up a quick c# program to process them.

My program calculated the luminescence for each image and chose whichever had a higher perceived luminescence. It took a while to run as it was processing 100 18 mpixel images with pretty lazy brute force code however after about an hour i had my image.

6-

ReleaseImageCombined by AdamGP86, on Flickr

I was hoping to shoot a more interesting image with this technique but i ran out of time.

Hi Adam :)

Your disposable camera set is very nice, though I'm not sure they'd stand out if it wasn't for the retro effect the film gives them all.

Shadow I definitely think the second set is best, but I'm struggling to work out which shot I prefer. Probably number 4.

Passage of time is good, but I don't think there's enough of the changing objects in view. Way to go programming your own tool!

Hi Adam.

I know there's a "thing" with phone shots to shoot food and drink, but I'm afraid I have to say I'm struggling to see what you were trying to achieve with your coffee cup photo?

Your cinemagraph is brill though! It must have been fun to do, and works well. The only tiny shame is the slight camera movement between frames.

Yep I agree, number two is better, though I do like the spark heading camera right in the first one :)

Back