Monthly AdamGP86's 12 for 13

What tones did you used for the second shot, Adam? The composition is way better.

Thanks

I cant remember the exact selection, I used the duo-tone feature in cs2 and just played around with 2 blue tones , a dark blue and a lighter one until I thought it looked right.

Now I've tried a tighter shot I do feel it works better than the first attempt, open low contrast areas seem to really not suit the duotone treatment.

Hi, there, the quality of your timelapse is really good. Nice frame rate leafing to nice smooth rendering. Pity for the last 10ish seconds the clouds weren't playing.

Shallow DOF #1 for me. I wasn't sure about the trees in the BG initially but they've grown on me.

Duotone, :clap: for trying but doesn't really do anything for me, I'm afraid. Just looks like a photograph with a blue hue, maybe that's what duotone is :D Edit is better, mainly because it's closer.

Zoomburst, interesting one this is. It's like the zoom is just on the backlighting.

Cheers.

Ok, so i took a trip to dove-dale with the intention of getting some shots for this month.

I have had an attempt at finding some compositions for the "Leading Lines" theme which turned out harder than i thought it would be.

1 - Leading line

LeadingLine2 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

2 - Leading line

LeadingLine1 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

Had a go at some high speed photography today, didn't have anything to use for proper high speed sync available so had an attempt with a video light and burst mode.

Not the best in the world but i had fun making them

3 - High Speed

jarsmash by AdamGP86, on Flickr

4 - High Speed

glasssmash by AdamGP86, on Flickr

Hi Adam, I like your first leading lines shot best, though it'd be even better with an interesting subject at the point the lines lead to. I'm struggling to see the lines in the second one I must admit?

High speed is great, especially given the technique you had to use! Again the second is best IMHO just because there's more going on, though I do like the label in the first one :)

The first leading lines shot is the better one, I like your idea for the high speed and the second image is a cracker.

Hi adam,

Leading Lines; there are definitely a few leading lines in the first shot but something seems to be missing. :shrug: Shame there isn't a sign post or even a rock that these lines lead to? However, I thought the second shot is better for the theme. Although there isn't a path or something similar but the slopes tend to lead your vision to the peak of the hill.

High Speed; I like your thoughts behind it and also you did had fun taken these :) Can't help but just wondering if you cropped out the hand in the first shot would works better? :thinking:

Excellent shots! I especially like the second one :)

I really struggled to get something on theme this month.
I don't think this is up-to the standard of the others posted this month but this was the last free weekend I had and Ashbourne Street-fest was only a few minutes walk from my home today which seemed like a good opportunity to get this months shots.

001 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

005 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

006 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

002 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

007 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

003 by AdamGP86, on Flickr

I like that it has a beginning and an end. I think I would have liked to see some more separation from the crowd but that may not have been possible from your viewpoint. The processing works well with these two

Hi Adam, great set. I especially like the last one; perfect!

I like that Adam. Cant quite work out whether the foreground tree adds to it or detracts, probably detracts slightly, but it's a good photo regardless :)

Two nice images, Adam. I would like to see more of the reflection and having the image divided in half or similar.

Self-portrait; it's a photo of someone but with a great big camera lens in the way :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thank for the feedback, I was trying to go for more of a 50:50 but i didn't want to chop the top off the trees and the lake wasn't wide enough, I suppose a tighter crop may have worked ok.

I don't like being in photos ( i think that's why I'm always the one with the camera ) so i thought that would be the best way to get a selfie :)

Nice set, I prefer the better version :) your selfie has a bit of a smudge running through it that distracts from an otherwise good portrait.

Hi Adam, yes the alternative shot is MUCH better for reflection.

Self portraight is missing quite a lot of "self", and it's a bit of a shame about the dirty mirror, but it's very imaginative.

From the hip works well. I like the context given by the foreground spectator.

I like that Adam. The slightly random layout of the individual shots helps it a lot.

I picked up my prints and cd's from the 2 disposables i took on holiday this month. It has been an interesting experience, Taking shots with no idea if they are good or not for 2 weeks, using an inaccurate view finder and its easier that you'd think to get a finger in the shot by accident when your used to a what you see is what you get dslr for framing.

I appreciate my DSLR much more now especially since i worked out that it cost 44pence per shot including the rubbish ones on film, definitely a good experience to get you thinking before taking the shot.

1 -

Camera1 (6) by AdamGP86, on Flickr

2 -

Camera1 (10) by AdamGP86, on Flickr

3-

Camera1 (8) by AdamGP86, on Flickr
4-

Camera2 (19) by AdamGP86, on Flickr

5-

Camera2 (18) by AdamGP86, on Flickr

6-

Camera2 (7) by AdamGP86, on Flickr