weekly Ajophotog's 2012 52 "Symmetry" added to Post 471

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Trying to be a little different and while having a cuppa and a cookie this came to mind.

This entrance is normally open when choc chip cookies are about :D
6899506706_982330d47b_o.jpg

:LOL: very good ... but get him a shave :D

Hi Alby

Vice like the symmetry and pov of this one it really works well

Entrance, could have worked for vice in my case as well, but nice shot

No it was a self portrait, the flip out screen on the g3 works great for this sort of thing. :D

Gramps: I had a shave you cheeky so n so :D

I like your vice and don't find any of the BG distracting

Thanks All for the comments, Paul it is just a light-hearted take on the theme and yes it was a quick snap with the new camera. Tasted pretty good to ;)

Here is my Soft attempt. A long exposure from the beach. It was a little windy so the seaweed got blown about a little and it was a dank grey day this morning.

Mono one.
7076032883_34b4de5dbb_b.jpg

Colour one.
7076101955_78798eda70_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I like those. They're a perfect example of what I like to see: use of a technique that's become a cliche the way most people use it, but not conforming to the cliche.

I think the colour one is best, as the stones have such lovely tones to them.

How long was the exposure?

Colur one for me as well - great use of long exposure!:)

I took some long exposures in Wales last week and then noticed that the gorse bush had been blowing in the wind!!:):)

Vice – I like the use of the fisheye although the background is a bit distracting.

Entrance – I like the idea. Made me smile.

Soft – I’m a bit partial to a long exposure so like both these. Undecided about which one I prefer though. I think the stones suit the colour and the post suits the B&W (please don’t do selective colour version though – it would kill it)

Thanks all for looking at my Soft shot and commenting. ;)

Here is my PRIDE and Joy. Stopped off on my way home from work and took a couple of shots to play with and here are the results.
PPed
6938146768_d421b21190_b.jpg

Original mono.
6938146462_d49a018f0d_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soft, really liking the Mono version Alby

Pride... Makes sense to me ;)... I think I prefer the original, the Jag look's great in the first, but the clouds are not doing it for me.. sorry

Soft - I like a lot. Prefer the colour version, I don't thing B&W adds anything. How long was the exposure?

Pride. This time I prefer #1, the one with more PP. Once again, I would be really interested to hear how the sky effect was created? Why the blanking of the numberplate? - It makes the car look a bit odd.

i would like to see a colour version of the car as I don't think either of them stand out I do understand your pride though so bang on theme

Hi Alby. I'm torn on this one. I like the sky in the second shot, but the car in the first, and find myself wanting a combination of the two! If I had to pick, I think i'd go for number 1 because of its drama.

Nice shot :)

Soft - prefer the colour.

Pride - very nice car Alby. I like the mono conversion a lot (y) but the sky in the first hasn't grab me - sorry. :(

Is the sky a negative of the second?

Graham

Thanks Chaps for looking, the first is a bit marmite I think, I don't like marmite I might add :D
Graham it is an exclusion layer with a layer mask rubbed through to the car, pretty simple stuff really and quick to do.

Hi Alby, playing catch up here.

Magical - love both of them, spot on and bang on theme.

Vice - nice shot and great composition.

Entrance - great take on the theme, and the dof is spot on too.

Soft - 2 great shots but the colour one just wins it for me.

Pride - certainly the original works better for me. Just a little ott with the processing in the first one.

Hi Alby

yup , a car to be proud of mister.....#2 for me (y)...the sky's a little OTT in #1 for me & there's a wierd white line above the hedge on the left & the hill on the right ?

Can't help but want to see the car central in the road though...my OCD maybe :LOL:

ooopps, just spotted your soft image...color version by a mile for me...love the effect of the water over the foreground rocks :)

Last edited:
Hi Alby

Soft - good shot, nice pov and dof and composition. Like both but b&w seems to have the softer feel to it.

Pride - again another good shot. Pride in ownership and the name (I'll pretend it is still wholly British). I think #1 is a better shot because the drama of the clouds brings out the strength and power in the car. maybe a bit overdone in the pp(but only a bit) but to me it is the better treatment.

Hi Alby. If you ever want to sell a car this is the shot to do it with(y)I like the PP in number one it looks quite menacing, although the blanked out number plate just draws me in! I can understand why you did it, maybe you should write pride in there or a fake reg to fill the gap:thinking:
My only other PP gripe is the cloud through the windscreen, you missed that little bit so it stands out to me. Still I think it's another cracking shot.

Back