All things related to Apple phones & tablets

Have the newest selection things that were just added to desktop also been added to mobile LR?

I’m still stuck on what to buy for editing and daily use.
Had ordered a m2 MBA but all reviews said it needs 16gb ram for anything other than web browsing. And the price gets silly with any add ins.
So had planned to return it, but my daughter mba screen just died so she is getting it.

I like the idea of an iPad and was going to go for the m1 pro 12.9 but it’s disappeared from all shops on release on the m2 which doesn’t look to offer much bar £200 increase in price.
Then when u add the keyboard and pen it’s on or more than a 14 MBP.

But realistically bar some editing and by that I mean amateur and nothing major .
all the device will be used for is movies and web. No PC/ laptop type work at all.
Further to this, Christopher Lawley is a great YouTuber to watch who works almost exclusively from an iPad Pro. This video shows what can actually be done with an iPad, rather than just reading stuff online that basically boils down to "it's not a Mac"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycm_6r6G--Q&t=906s

"Heads UP"

Anyone using "LumaFusion" for editing their vid's on an iPad or iPhone, then there's quite a considerable update out for it today. I've not had a chance to try it yet but it sure does look interesting.

Simple question for those that know.

As mentioned on this thread I have just purchased an "Apple Series 8" watch and have been setting it up a bit more to my liking. One thing I've done is add a bank card to the Apple Pay app on my watch something I've done and used many times on my iPhone, so far so good. My bank sent me correspondence saying everything was set up etc, etc, and also sent me a number that is exclusive to my watch which is different to my passcode for the watch.

What I'm unsure about is when using the watch to pay for something what number do I use after doing a double tap on the watch side. The number that my bank sent me or my passcode number which is what I would use when paying with my iPhone?

Further to this, Christopher Lawley is a great YouTuber to watch who works almost exclusively from an iPad Pro. This video shows what can actually be done with an iPad, rather than just reading stuff online that basically boils down to "it's not a Mac"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycm_6r6G--Q&t=906s

Thanks

My indecisiveness is killing me

My heart says the iPad would be a good idea and though with all the extras it’s as much as the mbp I could spread that cost.

But my head is saying that the mbp is the best idea as it’s what I’ve been used to and it’s by far the best one that’s been made( power/ battery usage/ screen and speakers)
But similarly I need to spend more than my planned £1200.

They have really figured there product placement with so much over lap making it hard to pick anything

Thanks

My indecisiveness is killing me

My heart says the iPad would be a good idea and though with all the extras it’s as much as the mbp I could spread that cost.

But my head is saying that the mbp is the best idea as it’s what I’ve been used to and it’s by far the best one that’s been made( power/ battery usage/ screen and speakers)
But similarly I need to spend more than my planned £1200.

They have really figured there product placement with so much over lap making it hard to pick anything
Another thing to bear in mind is that you can't get LR Classic on the iPad. It has to be cloud based LR, and the base 20GB cloud storage that you get with the photography plan isn't enough. You can get an iPad Only 100GB plan for a fiver a month I think, or an LR only (not LR Classic or PS) with 1Tb storage for the same £9.99 a month

Simple question for those that know.

As mentioned on this thread I have just purchased an "Apple Series 8" watch and have been setting it up a bit more to my liking. One thing I've done is add a bank card to the Apple Pay app on my watch something I've done and used many times on my iPhone, so far so good. My bank sent me correspondence saying everything was set up etc, etc, and also sent me a number that is exclusive to my watch which is different to my passcode for the watch.

What I'm unsure about is when using the watch to pay for something what number do I use after doing a double tap on the watch side. The number that my bank sent me or my passcode number which is what I would use when paying with my iPhone?
I don't use any number when I pay with my Watch, just double tap on the button, swipe to choose which card I want and tap.

I don't use any number when I pay with my Watch, just double tap on the button, swipe to choose which card I want and tap.

Many thanks for that Lewis.

I naturally assumed I would have to use a number similar to when using my iPhone. I didn't want to get to a check out etc and start fumbling and giving a look as if I hadn't got a clue what I was doing. I wonder why my bank sent me another number then.

I don't have to use a number when I pay with my phone either... Which bank is it?

I don't have to use a number when I pay with my phone either... Which bank is it?

Lloyds Bank, but I have to use the same passcode for the other cards on my iPhone when using Apple Pay. I guess its just another Apple security measure.

Last edited:
I’ve never had to use a passcode when using Apple Pay.

As I said I guess its another Apple security measure which I don't mind as it makes my cards more secure. I've just done a dummy run setting up a payment on my watch and that doesn't ask for a code. It just says double click the side button and hold near reader, so I guess I don't have to use a passcode when using my watch to pay with Apple Pay which I was fully expecting to do.

As I said I guess it’s another Apple security measure which I don't mind as it makes my cards more secure. I've just done a dummy run setting up a payment on my watch and that doesn't ask for a code. It just says double click the side button and hold near reader, so I guess I don't have to use a passcode when using my watch to pay with Apple Pay which I was fully expecting to do.

I guess it depends which phone you have. My last 3 iPhones have had Face ID, so when using Apple Pay the facial recognition negates the need to input a passcode.

I guess it depends which phone you have. My last 3 iPhones have had Face ID, so when using Apple Pay the facial recognition negates the need to input a passcode.

At the moment its a "12 Pro Max" that I know has Face ID but I do not wish to set it up to use that.

Last edited:
Yes, I have always either authenticated with my finger print or FaceID for Apple Pay on iPhone. On Apple Watch you put your passcode in when you put the watch on (or let Face ID authenticate from your iPhone), then as long as it doesn't leave your wrist it knows it is still you using it, so no need to enter your passcode.

Yes, I have always either authenticated with my finger print or FaceID for Apple Pay on iPhone. On Apple Watch you put your passcode in when you put the watch on (or let Face ID authenticate from your iPhone), then as long as it doesn't leave your wrist it knows it is still you using it, so no need to enter your passcode.

Many thanks for your help Lewis, I'm pretty sure I've figured it all out now.

Last edited:
Well I tried my Apple watch out today with a couple of bank card purchases and everything worked perfectly. I also managed to get a couple of snaps from my iPhone using my watch as a remote and once again everything worked perfectly, the watch even turns the iPhone camera app on when I scroll to the camera app & touch it on my watch. So very pleased indeed with my latest Apple purchase. :):)

Well I tried my Apple watch out today with a couple of bank card purchases and everything worked perfectly. I also managed to get a couple of snaps from my iPhone using my watch as a remote and once again everything worked perfectly, the watch even turns the iPhone camera app on when I scroll to the camera app & touch it on my watch. So very pleased indeed with my latest Apple purchase. :):)

I feel the same about my Ultra. I’ve had Apple Watches for years, and have waited for something this big.

I feel the same about my Ultra. I’ve had Apple Watches for years, and have waited for something this big.

I thought about getting the Ultra, but then I came to my senses as pretty much everything on it over & above the Series 8 would be wasted on me.

default_grap6.jpg

I thought I’d ask for advice as I’m not one to keep up with apple technology. I’ve got an iPhone 7 which I feel I need to start looking towards replacing in the near future now it won’t get any new IOS. I’ve just had a look and it seems the IPhone SE 2022 (£499)or iPhone 13 mini (£649) would likely be my options (note prices based on the 128GB models as my 7 is 128GB and I have 55GB of free space left).

I’m airing towards the SE as it’s cheaper and a similar size to the 7 (don’t like big phones). Tech wise they seem to be roughly the same. I’d be willing to pay the extra if I’d get more longevity out of it. Any help in choosing the right model for me would be appreciated.

Macrumors gives the 2022 SE a "neutral" rating in terms of it being in Mid-Product cycle: https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPhone_SE

So, likely, it will work for a good while yet.

But the 13 Mini is actually a little bit smaller, here is a comparison of the features: https://appleinsider.com/inside/iphone-se/vs/compared-new-2022-iphone-se-vs-iphone-13-mini

One of the biggest differences is that the SE offers a home button, whereas the 13 has no home button. If the home button is important to you, then only the SE would work.

I was in the same position looking for a small iPhone I went for the 13 mini it seemed to be the better option

I don't think you'll. be doing that any time soon George. The Mac runs MacOS. Version 13 point something.

Sorry I didn't read your post correctly :headbang:. I meant to say I haven't upped my MacBook Pro to the latest operating system yet as I don't want to risk losing various features on programs that I rely on. Maybe after the next update if its settled down then I will.

I meant to say I haven't upped my MacBook Pro to the latest operating system yet as I don't want to risk losing various features on programs that I rely on. Maybe after the next update if its settled down then I will.
I've been meaning to do an update on my MBP, sitting on Monterey 12.6. Decided this evening was the one, looked at update in Preferences, and it wants me to update to Ventura, 13.0.1. No thanks, I'll stick for a while as well!

I've been meaning to do an update on my MBP, sitting on Monterey 12.6. Decided this evening was the one, looked at update in Preferences, and it wants me to update to Ventura, 13.0.1. No thanks, I'll stick for a while as well!
I'm still on Big Sur :whistle: I keep meaning to update too, but my MPB is so old I need to check if it will cope with it.

Edit - I've just had a look and it looks like I can't update beyond Big Sur :(

Last edited:
Back