Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Nicely done bright shot :)

...as a button! Nice one. Most unusual collection, nicely set up & lit. (y)

Bright
This looks better on Flickr. There's lots of bright bits and the white is WHITE and you've handled any reflections on the glass jar well.

Bright
This looks better on Flickr. There's lots of bright bits and the white is WHITE and you've handled any reflections on the glass jar well.
The quality of this site is awful sometimes no idea why, thanks for looking in

Great idea for the theme and well photographed, lovely clarity to the glass with nice bright buttons

Nice one Allan. Sells the theme without using the sun as part of the subject.(y)
Cool find, having those shapes and colours.
You do know it’s no longer cool :cool: to comment on people’s pics anymore :p

Nice shot for bright, I like it against the white background

An elegant kestrel, very detail and spot on focus on the eye. Good composition but just a very slight of halo around the top of its head and back. (or could it be my laptop monitor!)
Can’t see any halo myself checked the original one and the one on Flickr, thanks for the ID too wasn’t sure I couldn’t remember as I had taken a few different birds

Lovely Kezzy :)

I bet there's a bit more detail to be tweaked out of that eye!

Thats a cracker! Nice non distracting background. Super details in the feathers. I'm not seeing any fore mentioned haloing either. Although maybe not as realistic as my kestrel shot....... Just saying...... ;)

Thats a cracker! Nice non distracting background. Super details in the feathers. I'm not seeing any fore mentioned haloing either. Although maybe not as realistic as my kestrel shot....... Just saying...... ;)
Thanks, it is purely a homage to your kestrel, what can I say :notworthy:

Comments have already been made on the kestrel (I wouldn't have had a clue expect it's not a finch or budgie).
No one has commented on the background. The contrast with the Kestrel really helps it jump from the image and it's so uniform, yet something from nature?

Comments have already been made on the kestrel (I wouldn't have had a clue expect it's not a finch or budgie).
No one has commented on the background. The contrast with the Kestrel really helps it jump from the image and it's so uniform, yet something from nature?
The BG is just grass, the kestrel was in the shade under a big umbrella and the grass was in full sun

Music/Musical - image is spot on for the theme, nice Tele ( a friend of mine would be very jealous. ), the image itself is nice and sharp, however I do find your choice of bg takes away from the image.
Hard - simple and straight to the point, I feel that maybe a square crop to loose the little bit of greenery that I find distracting would make for a better image.
Creature - I cant really add much to this other than, bang on for the theme and despite it being a cropped image. You have managed to capture a cracking about of detail in the fly, loving those eyes.
Synthetic - works for me, nicely executed with a good strong black BG.
Rural - spot on for the theme, loving the bright reds of the poppys, good detail in the sky. to me a lovely balanced picture.
Bright - another wonderfully executed image, interesting button collection as well.
Elegant - :clap::clap::clap: this is by far one of my favourite images from my catch up on your thread. Excellent detail, on the birds eyes and feathers, lovely colours and the colour of the BG makes the bird really stand out.

Music/Musical - image is spot on for the theme, nice Tele ( a friend of mine would be very jealous. ), the image itself is nice and sharp, however I do find your choice of bg takes away from the image.
Hard - simple and straight to the point, I feel that maybe a square crop to loose the little bit of greenery that I find distracting would make for a better image.
Creature - I cant really add much to this other than, bang on for the theme and despite it being a cropped image. You have managed to capture a cracking about of detail in the fly, loving those eyes.
Synthetic - works for me, nicely executed with a good strong black BG.
Rural - spot on for the theme, loving the bright reds of the poppys, good detail in the sky. to me a lovely balanced picture.
Bright - another wonderfully executed image, interesting button collection as well.
Elegant - :clap::clap::clap: this is by far one of my favourite images from my catch up on your thread. Excellent detail, on the birds eyes and feathers, lovely colours and the colour of the BG makes the bird really stand out.
Beautiful Kestrel picture Allan, great composition and the bg is very pleasing also, really works well with the colours of the Kestrel.
Thanks

Yep - the three work very well together :)

Looks good, the three shots work well, i think you could have gotten away with just the third shot in it's own. That's the one that stands out for me.

Looks good, the three shots work well, i think you could have gotten away with just the third shot in it's own. That's the one that stands out for me.
Thanks I did think of just one shot but eventually settled on this

Back