Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Sinister (black BG) yet laughably cute. Good work Allan :clap:

:agree: with David, really good take on the theme, you nailed it with the close crop and the back background.

Hard - good idea but maybe a square crop ?
Creature - good Macro work
Synthetic - good idea and well excuted

Well that's synister!
Fantastically done. It puts me in mind of, hmmm... Chucky? Poltergeist? Not sure, but that ilk of thriller.
It has to be in there for one of the top images of this year's 52 so far :clap:

Well that's synister!
Fantastically done. It puts me in mind of, hmmm... Chucky? Poltergeist? Not sure, but that ilk of thriller.
It has to be in there for one of the top images of this year's 52 so far :clap:
Very kind of you to say, thanks

Yep - Synthetic is fab.

Catching up after falling behind with my own thread - thank you for your regular comments over there :)

I do really like your image for Match - an original idea and, as always, beautifully lit against a clean background. Excellent :claps:
The muted tones are what I notice first about your set-up for Music, and the vignette combines to give it a slightly grungy feel.
Hard - I tried some similar images with some layers of volcanic rock, but despite the textures I couldn't get an interesting image. You, on the other hand, have got the height and angle just right and the little green shoots add contrast to the hard earth.
Creature is a good study with super details, and the shallow DOF and light background help to make it pop off the screen.
Synthetic is a great idea and the black BG is a good choice to bring out the smooth plastic shape of the face. As others have said, it's not only a bit creepy but also one of the best images this year (y)

Catching up after falling behind with my own thread - thank you for your regular comments over there :)

I do really like your image for Match - an original idea and, as always, beautifully lit against a clean background. Excellent :claps:
The muted tones are what I notice first about your set-up for Music, and the vignette combines to give it a slightly grungy feel.
Hard - I tried some similar images with some layers of volcanic rock, but despite the textures I couldn't get an interesting image. You, on the other hand, have got the height and angle just right and the little green shoots add contrast to the hard earth.
Creature is a good study with super details, and the shallow DOF and light background help to make it pop off the screen.
Synthetic is a great idea and the black BG is a good choice to bring out the smooth plastic shape of the face. As others have said, it's not only a bit creepy but also one of the best images this year (y)
Thanks for the nice comments

Looks like you got the only sunshine on the near field while the clouds closed in on everything else. A pleasant picture.

Lovely image, Allan - it shouts 'rural' even without knowing the theme title. Love the low viewpoint and the variety of plants and flowers competing for space in the foreground, and the tree and moody sky above. The poppies steal the scene as usual :)
Thank you

Hi Allan

Thats a spooky Image for synthectic, good use of negative space.

Rural, Can't complain about that image, nice poppies as well. Good dof and details in the cloulds.

Pete

Poppy shot is fab! I went in a bit closer for mine :)

Most of the meadows have been cut round here, I like the inclusion of the wires, they seem so typical of a British rural scene

Ah yes, a nice low down shot, plenty of colour, plenty to look at and clever use of the telephone lines (another rural thing) to lead your eye through the shot. (y)
thank you and to fit in with a lot of shots this week it was taken in a field next to a disused railway line :banana:

Synthetic
That looks a little bit creepy, but you've handled the light and background well, i actually quite like it.

Rural
I might be a little controversial here, but I think a little vignetting would work on this photo.

A lovely shot with spots of red to add interest in the foreground. Like the tree positioned to break up the moody skyline. The lines of cable spoil an otherwise a beautiful image.
thanks for looking in the telegraph poles to me are an important part of the picture

Synthetic
That looks a little bit creepy, but you've handled the light and background well, i actually quite like it.

Rural
I might be a little controversial here, but I think a little vignetting would work on this photo.

Controversial indeed :wideyed: to be honest never gave it a thought you might be right

Rural is a good shot showing the eye popping red poppies in the field, the cloudy sky really sets the shot off and good to see the telegraph poles and cables left in.

Thanks Dave

Very nice of you to look in and thanks for the comment, how are you doing?

Doing well thank you, Allan. Enjoying retirement and as our daughter and her family moved house to be very close, we see a lot of the grandchildren and are able to help out in all sorts of ways without having to jump into the car and travel 50 miles.
Photography mainly around the grandchildren and our travels.
Managed a walk round Carlisle Cathedral on Thursday as we had gone to the city to see the Weeping Window poppy artwork.
Both very impressive.

WEEK 23 SYNTHETIC

Synthetic by Allan Howe, on Flickr

I like this composition and it reflects what I remember as your slightly sinister, dark pictures involving toys and teddy bears :eek:

Doing well thank you, Allan. Enjoying retirement and as our daughter and her family moved house to be very close, we see a lot of the grandchildren and are able to help out in all sorts of ways without having to jump into the car and travel 50 miles.
Photography mainly around the grandchildren and our travels.
Managed a walk round Carlisle Cathedral on Thursday as we had gone to the city to see the Weeping Window poppy artwork.
Both very impressive.
Glad to hear, I’m off to see my granddaughter this afternoon she was 4 on Thursday, she lives about 40 miles from us so don’t see them as much as I would like.
Take care and keep enjoying the retirement.

Hey superpippo

It's been a while

... looking forward to your tp2018 entries.

( god, we are in dire need of new blood)

Last edited:
Back