Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Nicely splashed. It's years since I had a go at that!

Splash is a cracker of a shot and one that I`d like to try one day, as said a great shot but would of been better if the bubble had splashed up from the water.
It did this is just one drop and the after effects of it hitting the water
Thanks for looking

Just one word Allan, Stunning.
Thanks

I have attempted this 'water drops' technique a few times and the results are nowhere near as good as yours. Perfect timing and love the pastel purple-blue background.
To be honest Stan its a right pain

Not something I've tried but I can imagine it being a bit frustrating, it's a good splash, nicely done.

Allan

Nice picture of a water drop and explaination on how you did it later on.
This is something I have yet to attempt, thinking that an expensive trigger was required. I take it you only added the milk to the roasting tray. Love the detail in the 2 water drops.

Pete

Allan

Nice picture of a water drop and explaination on how you did it later on.
This is something I have yet to attempt, thinking that an expensive trigger was required. I take it you only added the milk to the roasting tray. Love the detail in the 2 water drops.

Pete

Thanks, yes milk added to roasting tray only, it does take quite a few attempts to get anything worthwhile without triggers

Haha, great shot spot on theme, good b&w conversion makes it work well.

Pull is superb!

My immediate thought on this was like Stan's. I would prefer the finger to not be in the shot, though I guess it gives the context of the tug of war with the hound.
Love the bared teeth and eyes :)

Love your idea for Pull and the view angle. My only niggle is the fingers at the bottom of the image.
My immediate thought on this was like Stan's. I would prefer the finger to not be in the shot, though I guess it gives the context of the tug of war with the hound.
Love the bared teeth and eyes :)

I deliberated about the fingers, in the original there was a lot more hand but I cropped it out and then thought it might be better to leave some context of what the hound was pulling at
I'm still not sure it was the right decision, it would seem not

Allan

Nice shot, backround could be better (step top left). He is having fun. Could do with a bit more of the hand in shot, little bits of fingers not working for me. B&W works well.

Agree the BG is not the best as I stated above had a lot of hand in the original but it was too dominant taking away from the actual subject matter

I'm in the no fingers camp but I don't mind the background, good take on the theme and suits the mono.

Call me Chelsea... But I have a real desire to grab the exposure or shadows slider in order to expose the detail in the face of the statue. To me it's lost in shadows.
Liking the conscious decision to include a human element in the shot.

Call me Chelsea... But I have a real desire to grab the exposure or shadows slider in order to expose the detail in the face of the statue. To me it's lost in shadows.
Liking the conscious decision to include a human element in the shot.
I call you Elsie as you well know, I can see her face on my monitor,
its not really about the art its the person thats the point of the picture its about how most of us will experience art
and besides that I quite like the way the art seems to be watching the viewer

Hi Allan, I like the inclusion of the person in art, nice angle on the statue too in line with the person.

Pull,

Black and white works well and I like the crop you have used even with the inclusion of the fingers.
Thanks Michael

A good choice for art Allan, don`t mind the bloke in view and can see the face detail fine. Just don`t think much of the wall colours though as it does not do the statue justice.

The bloke is a woman and is there on purpose, as for the wall colours I will pass your comment on to the Lady Lever and they can deal with it next time they decorate

Yep - I like that - and the human element. It's a fabulous place for a bit of art!

I too would boost the face a bit.

I really like you splash image. Its beautifully sharp and the colours are lovely. I want to have a go with this type of shot, when I have some spare time. I have the props and some food colouring, just need a couple of hours to mess about with :D I don't mind the fingers in pull, but I find the step across the top left corner a bit distracting for some reason, probably just me but great idea and sharpness on her face. What a lovely little statue! Nicely composed with the human in the picture. I can see the features on the statue but they are quite dark. Quite tricky when she is just shades of darkness :D

Yep - I like that - and the human element. It's a fabulous place for a bit of art!

I too would boost the face a bit.

Thanks
I really like you splash image. Its beautifully sharp and the colours are lovely. I want to have a go with this type of shot, when I have some spare time. I have the props and some food colouring, just need a couple of hours to mess about with :D I don't mind the fingers in pull, but I find the step across the top left corner a bit distracting for some reason, probably just me but great idea and sharpness on her face. What a lovely little statue! Nicely composed with the human in the picture. I can see the features on the statue but they are quite dark. Quite tricky when she is just shades of darkness :D
Thanks for looking in

its not really about the art its the person thats the point of the picture its about how most of us will experience art
and besides that I quite like the way the art seems to be watching the viewer

Allan

Given the statement you made, Shirley(surely) the women should be more pronouced. The statue is in sharp focus and the wall behind, there is lots of details clearly visible and the exposure is spot on. I like the colours apart from Shirley neck, she needs a holiday abroad not stuck in a museum to get a tan. It is a difficult call to make as what should be in focus more. Perhaps the wall should be OOF and the women who may not be called Shirley more in focus.

Pete

Allan

Given the statement you made, Shirley(surely) the women should be more pronouced. The statue is in sharp focus and the wall behind, there is lots of details clearly visible and the exposure is spot on. I like the colours apart from Shirley neck, she needs a holiday abroad not stuck in a museum to get a tan. It is a difficult call to make as what should be in focus more. Perhaps the wall should be OOF and the women who may not be called Shirley more in focus.

Pete
I get your point about her being more pronounced but it’s an argument I had with myself but as the topic was art I decided on this composition with the artwork in focus. I will tell the wife she needs a holiday abroad and that you have offered to pay (y)

Back