Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Autumn is very well done, simple and very effective.

The dead rat is well photographed in good light, slight shoehorn maybe?

Its a mouse, I don't think its a shoehorn, something dead is hollow to me, its lacking the very thing that makes it what it is.
If that makes any sense.

Autumn

A strong image, good contrast between the bright leaf and gravestone and the muted tones of the background.

Hollow

Something the cat dragged in?
I'm not too sure what I make of it really (not the concept, that's fine). It might be the crop is a little tight on the bottom and head area is a little bright.

Autumn

A strong image, good contrast between the bright leaf and gravestone and the muted tones of the background.

Hollow

Something the cat dragged in?
I'm not too sure what I make of it really (not the concept, that's fine). It might be the crop is a little tight on the bottom and head area is a little bright.

The mouse is the snakes dinner we generally have a few in the freezer :wideyed:
I agree about the composition it needs something else, it was a last minute idea, I had taken a couple of pics of something totally different I wasn't keen on and by chance the snake was about to be fed so quickly took the pic with what available light there was coming through the kitchen window

Hi Allan,

• Autumn - Poignant... Great use of the single bright autumnal leaf against the grey and dark greens.
  • Hollow - Very nicely taken, I didn't quite get it until I read the comments but do now. B&W works well for it.
    Did Chris enjoy his dinner?

I understand why you chose this subject, and black and white also seems the right choice for a dead subject and to bring out the shape of it. I agree with Dominic that it's probably a little close to the bottom of the frame but you've come up with another unusual take on a theme.

I agree about the composition, this is a crop the original the mouse is centre of the frame but I didn't like it, I think its lacking something maybe some other objects but what I don't know what they would be

Hi Allan,

• Autumn - Poignant... Great use of the single bright autumnal leaf against the grey and dark greens.
  • Hollow - Very nicely taken, I didn't quite get it until I read the comments but do now. B&W works well for it.
    Did Chris enjoy his dinner?
thanks, it wouldn't have been enough dinner for Chris :popcorn:

Model guitar ? Like the grainy mono look to this image Allan, nice dof on the strings and PP.
Thanks Dave its more the model number I have been a bit stuck on this theme tried a few things and settled on this boring image.

My initial thought was nice Hollow shot and no, I was one week late. Regardless, it's a nice shot I like the mono colour, grainy effect and shallow dof. Not into musical instruments but just googled the price, oh yes, :eek: nice one. (y)
Thanks Stan, I am now kicking myself as to why I didn't think about this for hollow

Allan

Autumn, a very emotional Image you have created there. The muted colours and the leaf gives good contrast. Nothing there is not needed, very nice.

Hollow, I will take your word that he is hollow. it that the poor mouse you photographed a couple of weeks back. Good seperation between the mouse and the board by compostition( grain of wood against the fur)and careful conversion to B&W resulting in nice tones.

Model, fits the theme, I like the grainy effect and dof used on the strings.
As said a week too late.

Pete

Nice guitar shot - model showing nicely!

Allan

Autumn, a very emotional Image you have created there. The muted colours and the leaf gives good contrast. Nothing there is not needed, very nice.

Hollow, I will take your word that he is hollow. it that the poor mouse you photographed a couple of weeks back. Good seperation between the mouse and the board by compostition( grain of wood against the fur)and careful conversion to B&W resulting in nice tones.

Model, fits the theme, I like the grainy effect and dof used on the strings.
As said a week too late.

Pete
Its not the same mouse, he wasn't happily taking photographs until I decided to murder him :bat:

A week to late indeed :( but look at that model number :whistle:

Last edited:
Hollow

I like the looks of that, the bottom left to top right angle works really well and so does the black and white pp.

I quite like the deliberate choice to crop tight in on the sides, but not top and bottom. Combined with the angle it seems to give it, dunno, presence?
the shallow dof on the strings almost gives it a motion blur, as if the strings had been plucked.

I quite like the deliberate choice to crop tight in on the sides, but not top and bottom. Combined with the angle it seems to give it, dunno, presence?
the shallow dof on the strings almost gives it a motion blur, as if the strings had been plucked.
Thanks

Yep - corner ticks the box :)

Corner
That looks really quite good in black and white.
It's well seen/spotted a well.

I had to have a nose on flickr at the lens. I guessed it was a wide angle due to the compression of the right angle of the corner.
It's a very good demonstration of the effect of using WA lenses isn't it.
Interesting choice to not have the line symmetrical, I guess, as Stan says, to allow the nearer goal to be in the shot?

I had to have a nose on flickr at the lens. I guessed it was a wide angle due to the compression of the right angle of the corner.
It's a very good demonstration of the effect of using WA lenses isn't it.
Interesting choice to not have the line symmetrical, I guess, as Stan says, to allow the nearer goal to be in the shot?
Thanks Tim yes I wanted both goals in the shot, it has had the verticals corrected, I quite like the distorted effect from a WA but its not something that works all the time

Sure is a bit mucky that :D

Spot on for the theme, I thought of doing some kind of car shot myself, the close framing works well.

Back