weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Bold - Very vivid colours which suit the theme well as does the processing.

Relax - After flowers I wasn’t expecting that. The dark B&W approach works with the subject well.

Vertical - Good use of a TP day out at the NMA. Again a dark B&W brings a poignant feel to it

Mouth - Well done for exposing for inside the mouth to get the detail. The processing seems to suit the image as well.

Crowd - I was thinking of something similar to #2.The exposure seems spot on to get the blurring of the shoppers in Chester. Nice one.

Two very good, very different, Crowd shots Allan.

I'm interested ... #2 ... is it one long-exposure? and/or layers?

Thanks d00d one exposure of 5 seconds i think

Hi Allan,

As dood says, two good shots, both work for the theme. You can't go wrong with a frog shot as far as I'm concerned. I do like the second shot though, with the figures ghosting - I've no idea how you did it.

I'll second Andy (posiview) - Terry Pratchett's books are well worth reading - I've read all of them. There are loads of really good characters in them :)

Thanks, lot of Terry Pratchet fans on here it seems

Frogs: A lot of crowding going on there - great shot and nails the theme, for me.
I liked the second one too, but the frogs have it!

Karl

Thanks

Bold - Very vivid colours which suit the theme well as does the processing.

Relax - After flowers I wasn’t expecting that. The dark B&W approach works with the subject well.

Vertical - Good use of a TP day out at the NMA. Again a dark B&W brings a poignant feel to it

Mouth - Well done for exposing for inside the mouth to get the detail. The processing seems to suit the image as well.

Crowd - I was thinking of something similar to #2.The exposure seems spot on to get the blurring of the shoppers in Chester. Nice one.

Thanks for looking in Peter

HI Allan

Mouth...I agree this was a bit of a stinker as theme's go but I love your shot , perfect focus - so much so that I didn't even notice the BG.....really really like it :clap:

Crowd....much as I love frogs it has to be the 2nd shot , love the mix of static & ghostly figures &( though I didn't spot it before reading comments ) Death .....:clap:

HI Allan

Mouth...I agree this was a bit of a stinker as theme's go but I love your shot , perfect focus - so much so that I didn't even notice the BG.....really really like it :clap:

Crowd....much as I love frogs it has to be the 2nd shot , love the mix of static & ghostly figures &( though I didn't spot it before reading comments ) Death .....:clap:

Thanks Lynne

WEEK 12 CLOSE UP

tree blossum by allanhowe, on Flickr

Going to have to go with this, off to the Lake District Monday so sorry in advance for lack of comments this week.

Didn't want to get too macro but i think there is enough detail in this for "close up"

Allan, that is a really nice image. Very crisp.
The subtle variations in the white on the right of the image really show up my LCD monitor, as I didn't notice them at first.
I agree with Lynne, that picture should be hanging on your wall somewhere.

White of white, never easy. You've managed to capture some really nice detail throughout. Lovely subtle shadows and I'm glad the upper left bud hasn't unfolded.

Enjoy the Lakes...there's a TP meet in May if you are free. Linky.

Hi Allan, that's a gorgeous shot - I could look at it for ages - the white background really works . I agree with Lynne & Tim, that's one for the wall

That does work rather well Allan,
as Lynne noted it does look rather like a painting (y)

That is beautiful Allan , looks almost painted , stunning white BG with enough detail retained in the delicate flowers & the yellow pollen really pops :clap:

That really does deserve printing (y)

Thanks Lynne, still never had any printed though Jane is always on at me about it

Allan, that is a really nice image. Very crisp.
The subtle variations in the white on the right of the image really show up my LCD monitor, as I didn't notice them at first.
I agree with Lynne, that picture should be hanging on your wall somewhere.

Thanks

White of white, never easy. You've managed to capture some really nice detail throughout. Lovely subtle shadows and I'm glad the upper left bud hasn't unfolded.

Enjoy the Lakes...there's a TP meet in May if you are free. Linky.

Thanks for the heads up about the meet Andy can't commit right now but will keep my eye on it

Hi Allan, that's a gorgeous shot - I could look at it for ages - the white background really works . I agree with Lynne & Tim, that's one for the wall

Thank you

Hi Allan ....yep definitely one I could live with ...a really smashing shot, delicately beautiful :clap:

Hope you have a lovely holiday :)

Thanks Susie

That does work rather well Allan,
as Lynne noted it does look rather like a painting (y)

Thanks

Ooooh your CLOSE UP image is lovely.
I can really see it as a greetings card!

How on earth did you manage that young Allan, The clarity and detail are superb and white on white too works really well :clap::clap::clap:

Love the white on white ... and the super detail. :clap:

Ooooh your CLOSE UP image is lovely.
I can really see it as a greetings card!

Thanks Ruth

How on earth did you manage that young Allan, The clarity and detail are superb and white on white too works really well :clap::clap::clap:

If I told you I would have to kill you :bat:thank you for the young comment its been a long time since anyone has called me that :)

Love the white on white ... and the super detail. :clap:

Thanks d00d

WEEK 13 MACHINE

Sculpture by allanhowe, on Flickr

Taken on Wednesday in Grizedale forest in the lake district, converted to B+W because I rather like the way it blends in to the scenery, the figures close up although human in form look very machine like close up

Sculpture detail by allanhowe, on Flickr

I didn't get it from the single picture in the main sharing thread, I thought perhaps you meant that the human body is a machine of flesh & muscle.
But the second shot makes it far more obvious what (I think) you intended.

I agree, this works very well in mono. I must admit I assiciate Grizedale with rally cars not sculptures, it's amazing what is aroud if you look.

"Machine", excellent image, pretty scary if you bumped into these without knowing they were actually there.

Phil

I didn't get it from the single picture in the main sharing thread, I thought perhaps you meant that the human body is a machine of flesh & muscle.
But the second shot makes it far more obvious what (I think) you intended.

I agree, this works very well in mono. I must admit I assiciate Grizedale with rally cars not sculptures, it's amazing what is aroud if you look.

"Machine", excellent image, pretty scary if you bumped into these without knowing they were actually there.

Phil

Nice couple of images Allan, I was struggling with the first shot too, the close up shot mind you is really nice, you have it standing out beautifully :)

Perhaps I should explain things better, the figures close up do indeed look mechanical in some way, the other way of viewing it would be the two figures seem to be operating some kind of pointless machine, which is my interpretation of the first picture

Really good image Allan - the main thread one I really wanted to come and read what it was. :)

Excellent stuff on your thread so far.

SCENIC is a great shot, needs to be a poster!

RELAX - it has all been said, but superb interpretation on that theme.

CROWD - I always like these long exposure shots. Fits theme perfectly.

MACHINE - the close up shot for me.

Cheers

Really good image Allan - the main thread one I really wanted to come and read what it was. :)

Thanks

Excellent stuff on your thread so far.

SCENIC is a great shot, needs to be a poster!

RELAX - it has all been said, but superb interpretation on that theme.

CROWD - I always like these long exposure shots. Fits theme perfectly.

MACHINE - the close up shot for me.

Cheers

Thanks for looking in

Hi Allan,

two cracking images there. I didn't initially get the machine bit from the main thread, but seeing the close up makes it clear. Good interpretation of the theme and well shot :)(y)

Machine, they are rather curious, Allan. I like them both but the second stands out (dare I say ) head and shoulders above the other ?
:coat:

Close Up - This is absolutely fabulous. It’s almost sketch like. Very high quality I have to say. The use of the white background which at times almost blends into the petals is an inspired choice. This is my favourite of yours so far this year and my favourite of the close up theme so far as well. Get it printed!!!! Can to tell I like it.:clap::clap::clap:

Machine - I prefer the second of these two. The close up detail is shown nicely in the mono conversion

OOohhh, I like them. Wonderful tones and textures and really well made sculptures.

I like #1, but he's a little lost because of the similar tones. B&W really suits the photographs, but I'd like to see a colour, either here or a link to Flickr (y)

Cheers.

Hi Allan,

two cracking images there. I didn't initially get the machine bit from the main thread, but seeing the close up makes it clear. Good interpretation of the theme and well shot :)(y)

Thanks seems the second shot is more popular

Machine, they are rather curious, Allan. I like them both but the second stands out (dare I say ) head and shoulders above the other ?
:coat:

Head and shoulders indeed :rolleyes:

Close Up - This is absolutely fabulous. It’s almost sketch like. Very high quality I have to say. The use of the white background which at times almost blends into the petals is an inspired choice. This is my favourite of yours so far this year and my favourite of the close up theme so far as well. Get it printed!!!! Can to tell I like it.:clap::clap::clap:

Machine - I prefer the second of these two. The close up detail is shown nicely in the mono conversion

Thats a big compliment coming from you Peter, can only say thank you i am flattered :)
OOohhh, I like them. Wonderful tones and textures and really well made sculptures.

I like #1, but he's a little lost because of the similar tones. B&W really suits the photographs, but I'd like to see a colour, either here or a link to Flickr (y)

Cheers.

@posiview just for you

Sculpture by allanhowe, on Flickr

The Close Up with all the rivets says Machine ... nice focus too.

Elegant cat.

Hi ya

Machine......think I prefer the head only shot , lovely detail & mono works really really well :clap:

Elegant reshoot.......at 1st glance I actually thought that was a stuffed animal :eek: , the lifeless pose & flat hair & no catch lights in the eye's......shot through glass by any chance ? That said it is a beautiful animal :)

Hi Allan,

Elegant reshoot - it is a very elegant beast isn't it? It could have worked for relax as well, nice shot

#2 Machine for me. The conversion really emphasises the detail in the image, but I also like the colour version of the first one (y)

Nice Elegant reshoot and, as Lorraine says, could also work for Relax too.

:plus1: on the number 2 machine shot, very gritty.

Reshoot on the Jaguar: What a lovely shot of a gorgeous creature; can't fault it.

How could I fail not to like Elegant re-shoot ? (y)

The Close Up with all the rivets says Machine ... nice focus too.

Elegant cat.

Thanks

Hi ya

Machine......think I prefer the head only shot , lovely detail & mono works really really well :clap:

Elegant reshoot.......at 1st glance I actually thought that was a stuffed animal :eek: , the lifeless pose & flat hair & no catch lights in the eye's......shot through glass by any chance ? That said it is a beautiful animal :)

Thanks Lynne it was indeed shot through glass

Hi Allan,

Elegant reshoot - it is a very elegant beast isn't it? It could have worked for relax as well, nice shot

Thanks

#2 Machine for me. The conversion really emphasises the detail in the image, but I also like the colour version of the first one (y)

Nice Elegant reshoot and, as Lorraine says, could also work for Relax too.

Thank you
:plus1: on the number 2 machine shot, very gritty.

Reshoot on the Jaguar: What a lovely shot of a gorgeous creature; can't fault it.

Thanks

How could I fail not to like Elegant re-shoot ? (y)

thanks

WEEK 14 ALPHABET

struggled with this one, but having given it some thought as to what an alphabet is, a series of symbols that represent a sound or word, so.......

Men, Women and Daleks by allanhowe, on Flickr

Modern day hieroglyphics I suppose

LOL A bit of a shoe horn there Allen, but it made me chuckle (y)

Back