weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Lovely Image nice strong diagonal, really like the white against white, gives a lovely delicate look to the shot. Really like the subtlety of the missing petal. Nice and sharp, good DOF and lovely bit of shadow, Good Shot(y)

Hi Allan. This is a beautiful image. Love the subtleness created by white petals against white background. Maybe get rid of the (harsh) stem and let the image ride on the white variation and the soft shadow created by the flower (?!?)

Not sure getting rid of the stem is the best idea but i get your point

Limit - don't know why you're not happy with it, I think it's a good shot, well lit and perfectly composed/cropped!
Bizarre - Very! Fabulous colours, great detail and Dof.
Broken - lovely shot - flowers always make a good subject don't they? ;)

Flowers are a bit of a default subject for me, I do like them

Looooovely shot, :clap:

Why thank you Mr Brian

Lovely Image nice strong diagonal, really like the white against white, gives a lovely delicate look to the shot. Really like the subtlety of the missing petal. Nice and sharp, good DOF and lovely bit of shadow, Good Shot(y)

Thank you

Hi, a bit of SC on the peas would have been great :)

I'm flummoxed for this week's theme and rather like the perspective and detail.

Uber critical, Lowe fork is slightly on the squiff....but if that's all I can crit on ha do well.

Cheers.

I too haven't a scoobie about this theme yet. I like this interpretation though - nice symmetry and multiple textures.

Hi, a bit of SC on the peas would have been great :)

I'm flummoxed for this week's theme and rather like the perspective and detail.

Uber critical, Lowe fork is slightly on the squiff....but if that's all I can crit on ha do well.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, thought a long time about SC but just couldn't bring myself to do it,

Its been a tough theme this only came to me last night,

have now straightened the fork :whistle:

I too haven't a scoobie about this theme yet. I like this interpretation though - nice symmetry and multiple textures.

Thanks

love the entertain shot - certainly wouldn't break the diet eating at yours anyway! lol :)

Hi Allan. :)

Doing a great job of battling through these horrible themes. I reckon the nicest of this years so far is still worse than the worst of the previous two years. :eek:

Love the white on white flower shots you've posted, tricky exposures nailed but still not forgetting composition and dof choices. (y)

The dinner for two brought a wry smile to my face. Very nicely done. You should have gone with SC BTW. ;) I would have. :D

All the best. :)

I have just spent 5 mins wondering wtf Andy was on about.

Another cracker Allen...

Can't help wondering if it would work even better horizontal?

:cow:

Tried it horizontal wasn't keen myself , thanks for dropping by Brian (y)

Curious .... would suit the BIZARRE theme too. Unusual take on the the theme, so thumbs up from me.

Thanks

love the entertain shot - certainly wouldn't break the diet eating at yours anyway! lol :)

Thank you

Hi Allan. :)

Doing a great job of battling through these horrible themes. I reckon the nicest of this years so far is still worse than the worst of the previous two years. :eek:

Love the white on white flower shots you've posted, tricky exposures nailed but still not forgetting composition and dof choices. (y)

The dinner for two brought a wry smile to my face. Very nicely done. You should have gone with SC BTW. ;) I would have. :D

All the best. :)

Thanks for visiting :wave:, you are not wrong its been hell :wideyed:, SC would have been a step too far and might well have tempted people to come for dinner :LOL:

Nice low key photograph there, Allan. The low light really draws my eye to the details that it might not if it were brighter. I'd prefer a central composition, rather that the slightly off centre.

What's frustrating you about the 52??

Cheers.

Spiral is a great image - the b&w treatment and low lighting compliments it's coarse rugged characteristics.

Hi Allan,

entertain - that's an original take on the theme, I can't wait for the pudding course ;)

spiral - very, very nice indeed :clap::clap: :clap:

Nice low key photograph there, Allan. The low light really draws my eye to the details that it might not if it were brighter. I'd prefer a central composition, rather that the slightly off centre.

What's frustrating you about the 52??

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, not really sure whats frustrating, themes have been a bit :meh: :indifferent: or perhaps it's just that I am a little jaded with it, I am sure it will pass :sulk:
whatever it might be I will stick with it for a while

Spiral is a great image - the b&w treatment and low lighting compliments it's coarse rugged characteristics.

Thank you

Hi Allan,

entertain - that's an original take on the theme, I can't wait for the pudding course ;)

spiral - very, very nice indeed :clap::clap: :clap:

you might well see pudding soon depending on the themes, careful what you wish for o_O

Entertain: Bang on theme, Nice colours and textures and like the angle it was shot at.
Spiral: love the minimalism of this photo and the lighting is spot on. Looks even better on flickr

Very quick off the mark Allan. Lovely image - nice take on the theme.

Very nice for Sillhouette Allan. Works beautifully.

Good stuff Allan

Entertain ... witty, clever ... and the birds eye view really suits.

Spiral ... like the way it blends into the blackness.

Silhouette ... nicely done, but ... it doesn't really say Silhouette to me, but a specimen on a white BG ... if that makes sense.

Hi, I can see what David is saying but I assume it was photographed against a white BG and was not on a white BG.

I like it, name drop, I'm a big fan of Karl Blosfeldt so this one rally works for me.

Cheers.

Very nice for Sillhouette Allan. Works beautifully.

Thanks
Good stuff Allan

Entertain ... witty, clever ... and the birds eye view really suits.

Spiral ... like the way it blends into the blackness.

Silhouette ... nicely done, but ... it doesn't really say Silhouette to me, but a specimen on a white BG ... if that makes sense.

I don't feel there is any leaf detail in silhouette for it to be a specimen shot

Silhouette; a very nice and very simple image. Spot on theme.

Thanks

Hi, I can see what David is saying but I assume it was photographed against a white BG and was not on a white BG.

I like it, name drop, I'm a big fan of Karl Blosfeldt so this one rally works for me.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy will look up Karl Blosfeldt you are right it was photographed against a white BG and not on a white BG

WEEK 26 ANIMAL

Falcon by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Over the last few months in work we have been working on opening a Falconry centre, things have been coming on in the last few weeks and some of the birds have started to arrive to get used to the surroundings
This was taken on Wednesday, so a little bit of a cheat by my standards

Hi Stan. Wow! That is a shot that will be hard for anyone to better, least of all me. Great that you managed to keep the detail throughout, right down to the gullet - amazing. Well done you :clap:

Hi Stan. Wow! That is a shot that will be hard for anyone to better, least of all me. Great that you managed to keep the detail throughout, right down to the gullet - amazing. Well done you :clap:

Thanks for the comment George :LOL:

Lovely detail, frightening bird, good luck with the project Allan.

Hi Allan,

Silhouette - very nicely shot and the simplicity is great
Animal - now that's a cracker of a shot! perfectly timed :clap: :clap:

animal - perfect! focus is spot on, and look at that tongue lol

WEEK 27 MEDICAL/MEDICINE

Medicine by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Well somebody had to lower the tone :sorry:

well I can sit back now and wait for my usual 3/4 visits :tumbleweed:

Hi, Allan, missed your Animal. I was't sure about the landscape orientation but it's grown on me. Super detail and you've really captured the moment, ete. Intact and nicely seperated from the BG.

Medicine, quite a dark interpretation and you've captured it well. B&W was the obvious choice, slightly under exposed which again works.

Crit, minor point, but the fingers are a little straight, not sure why but I'd like them to be a little more closed.

Anyways, well done and if I manage to get my idea, the tone will be much lower :)

Cheers.

Hi Allan,

I too like the b&w and low lighting (creates almost a disembodied hand). Just picking up on the point raised by Andy, maybe a slack, limp, hand may have feigned lack of energy or debility !?!?

Hi, Allan, missed your Animal. I was't sure about the landscape orientation but it's grown on me. Super detail and you've really captured the moment, ete. Intact and nicely seperated from the BG.

Medicine, quite a dark interpretation and you've captured it well. B&W was the obvious choice, slightly under exposed which again works.

Crit, minor point, but the fingers are a little straight, not sure why but I'd like them to be a little more closed.

Anyways, well done and if I manage to get my idea, the tone will be much lower :)

Cheers.

thanks Andy I see it now, the hand thing and I think you are right, I have sacked her as my model :D

Hi Allan,

I too like the b&w and low lighting (creates almost a disembodied hand). Just picking up on the point raised by Andy, maybe a slack, limp, hand may have feigned lack of energy or debility !?!?

Thanks Carl, rigor mortis is a terrible thing ;)

Back