weekly BarrySprout's 52 for 23 - Week 52 - Complete!

Fantastic!! Beautifully caught steam and nice black BG. Well lit once again.

Was the crop into the blue curve intentional? Think I'd rather it be complete if possible.

Was the crop into the blue curve intentional?
It was more to do with keeping the background clean, I was already shooting from a great height to keep the light coloured tiles out of the shot.

I titled the image "Beam me up Danbo" but now when I look at it I'm thinking he is appearing on Stars in their eyes.

That's brilliant.
However, you should have titled it "Bean me up...".

Nice one Colin, was the steam part of the live shot or added in post? It's very cool.

Very creative, great take on the theme and well executed.

Crikey! I hope you weren't wearing those at the time!
Excellent shot.

Great take (y)
Thanks Gav.
Good capture very dramatic. (bit gory for me)
Thanks David and sorry, I realise not everyone is a fan of ketchup :D
Very creative, great take on the theme and well executed.
Thanks Roger
Urgh!

Well done!
Again my apologies and thanks
Crikey! I hope you weren't wearing those at the time!
Excellent shot.
:cool: Thanks Simon

I realised after looking out the nail for this shot that taking part in the 52 always leads me to destroy something. Not 100% sure if it was the same nail that I used back in 2011 but there was only two that looked like this in my spares tin. Week 23 2011 - Broken

Withnail and I.....pod by barrysprout, on Flickr

Another great shot Colin. Great idea and composition.

EEEEK!

Nice :)

Week 10 - Full And Tech B&W

Another week and more damage caused, this 52 is costing me a fortune!

Black and white was an easy choice as there was only a small splash of red anyway.

Full Hard Drive by barrysprout, on Flickr

A lot of light thrown at this one to blow the background and hide some set up. Flash to the left and right aimed at background and another light in a reflective umbrella as the key. Only editing I had to do was to clone out the black metal which I had the drive mounted on.

BTS shot

20230311-DSC00849.jpg

Tin of hairspray to stick some of the numbers to the paper cone (couldn't find a glue stick)

Last edited:
Surely that is now half empty with all the digits on the floor!

Nice creative shot, B&W works well

Broken- ouch

Full- very imaginative, great to see and have info about the setup. Have you made all that data?

Outstanding (again) Colin. Brilliant - love the peeled back corner of the drive, I can normally find a little niggle somewhere - but not on this one! :)

Not all the details are apparent on first look, and it rewards a second and third look.

Much appreciated showing the pull-back shot too.

Have you made all that data?
Took an age to cut out! hence a lot of 00's as I was getting bored/sloppy by that point. :ROFLMAO:
Outstanding (again) Colin. Brilliant - love the peeled back corner of the drive, I can normally find a little niggle somewhere - but not on this one! :)

Not all the details are apparent on first look, and it rewards a second and third look.

Much appreciated showing the pull-back shot too.
Thanks Graham, there are definitely niggles for me but this was my second attempt at a set up for the shot and I didn't want to try a third. I feel my idea was better than my implementation of it.

Wow... well done on an excellent shot and the amount of effort to produce. I'm most impressed.

Getting a catch-up on some comments!

Snappers Choice - Very inventive, thanks for the behind the scenes, was wondering how you achieved the separation in a single frame.

Knob(s) - Looks like "coffee making" could have the "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" element that photographers endure!! Great composition, I like the contrasting colours, seeing the red of the mug and switches I wonder if you could have something else red in the foreground?

Letters - Great thinking and inventiveness, like the subtle touch of the missing P and the word is word it's part of :)

Kitchen - Great details with the smoke adding to the overall image. An all round well packaged concept.

Broken - "Nailed it"

Full - Don't think that data loss is covered by the warranty!!

Back