weekly Bernd's 52 of 2016 - week 52: Celebrate added and done

I like that a lot, great light and I love that the bird on the right is just saying "bring it on"!

Vast - a vast amount of snow - like it.
Rough - wow great shot lots of movement and I like the colour and light

Vast ... I like but I would try to brighten up the bottom half, even if it did come out as it should. (if you know what I mean).

Rough ... is good action, low POV and quite interesting light.

Last edited:
That's a great looking shot Bernd - like that wing action and the spray. Excellent. :clap:

Thank you everyone for your comments!

I've spent a week in the Finland, sleeping in bird hides, taking photos at dawn and dusk. One night everything came together: good, warm evening light, a lot of activity of the black grouse and I've hired a very expensive lens for that night. So, one week in Finland -> one decent photo. I'm glad I'm not doing that for a living... :D

Really like the perspective of Covered - great detail and excellent b&w processing. The graffiti in Colourful has to be one of the most vibrant ones I've seen - looks a stunning piece of art - hope can be preserved and re-used when the hoardings are taken away. :clap:

Really like covered the B&W conversion works really well.

The graffiti in Colourful is really bright and draws your eye straight away great image for the theme.

Hi Bernd, catch up time for me!

Vast - it definitely works for the theme, but not as strong as some of your other images - it's quite flat with that hard lighting and composition. This is one which would come alive with some leading lines taking you into the picture...
Rough is exceptional. Great capture, super lighting and just a brilliant "moment" recorded. :clap:
I like covered - it's a nice image of Leadenhall and a demonstration of the power of leading lines I mentioned above. Obviously lacks a bit of drama and you could have pushed the processing further if you'd wanted but a good shot as is.
Colourful is spot on theme and well seen. For me the lamp post distracts and I'd have been tempted to crop in (or walk closer) to avoid that and make the graffiti more - perhaps 1/3 - of the image? A great spot though (y)

I like covered really nice black and white and great viewpoint colourful works well with that splash of colour along the bottom and the reflections in the windows oh and leave the lamppost it works for me with it in

Hi Bernd .....glad you managed your one good shot in Finland :) it sounds like an amazing time.

I love the perspective in your Covered shot, very impressive, perfect choice in the B&W and spot on for the theme.

That's an excellent piece of graffiti for Colourful, at first I thought a crop, but the building does seem to add something to the composition, there's a lot of interesting reflections in those windows.

That's a cracking wide angle of Leadenhall Market (y) ... (is that someone taking a picture of you?)

Perfect perspectives in Colourful too. (y) and it's Colourful, nice find.

Thank you for all your comments. I've got a bit of catching up do do. Again. Sign me up for the 9 photos every two months challenge... :whistle:

Bernd, my favourite it the forgotten gravestones, I like the B&W conversion, something appealing about the way the grass is flowing to the right

Thank you for your comments! Four more to go...

Reshoot: This is the entrance to a basement restaurant where they serve modern Mexican food. Tacos with a twist. Apparently they get a quite a lot of punters who look for "adult entertainment"...

20 Entrance: Restaurant
by Bernd, on Flickr

Ha ha ha - brilliant catch-up Bernd - many made me smile. Stone and Sign (I want one of those) stand out for me. You're in trouble with Mr.C. @Cobra for Flora .. .he did warn of retribution to any who posted a pic of margarine ..... BEWARE :exit:

Damn, I didn't look in the discussions thread before posting this...

Mr.C. @Cobra for Flora .. .he did warn of retribution to any who posted a pic of margarine ..... BEWARE :exit:
Indeed I did, consider yourself severely reprimanded Bernd :D

Your brothel sign, true story, years ago, I used to deliver heating oil, to the what was the worst kept secret in the area, a brothel,
I hated going there I was often invited into the kitchen, by the "owners" for coffee, it was terrible, all those young scantily glad young things just hanging around waiting for the next customer.
How was I supposed to get any work done? :(

Anyway, it closed, and they moved away, further out into the country, the house was then sold privately, I continued to supply the heating oil,
One day chatting to the new owners, can you imagine their surprise and delight when I told them what it used to be.
Ah they said, that explains the knocks on the back door asking for "sammy" (et al )

Back