weekly BillN_33 .. 52 in 2016 . Wk 13 "Effort" added

Love your Miniature shot ... something soft & dreamlike about it.

Happy ... I guess they are. Like Paul @Donnie , I like the unclutteredness.

Happy works well there Bill, and an amazing shot considering that must have been available for only a fraction of a second.
I little bit of a shame to lose the bottom of their shadows, but that's ultra picky. Nice one! (y)

they do indeed look Happy I love the markings on the birds shame you haven't got all the shadow

Happy works well there Bill, and an amazing shot considering that must have been available for only a fraction of a second.
I little bit of a shame to lose the bottom of their shadows, but that's ultra picky. Nice one! (y)

This was exactly what I was thinking. Nice to see a bird I haven't seen before.

Abandoned

Abandoned.jpg

Nice find Bill - not surprised its been abandoned though looking at the structural defects. Like the bark on those trees.

abandoned ... good stuff, says Abandoned and a whole lot more ... total disregard for building regs, health & safety etc and what is that stuck between the trees? How refreshing .. I want to go there. :)

Hi Bill, catchup time!

Happy is a wonderful shot. As Andy says, a slight crop would work as well but a well timed capture, bang on theme.

Abandoned is also very apposite, but this one leaves my eye wandering quite a bit. Well executed shot though and solid processing. Maybe some more angles or a leading line to help guide the eye?

Camouflage is great - I can't do wildlife so admire those who can. Very well executed shot!

Looking forward to more and what a location you have!!

Wonderful shot - love wildlife pics. Don't get the opportunity for wildlife ... only of the urban variety and they're not as colourful (other than language maybe!). Spot on - love the exotic colours. Brilliantly caught. :clap:

Hi Bill ....I had a quick look to see where you live as I didn't recognise the bird ....super shot for camouflage, and lovely detail in the head and the beak.

Suzie - I am in S Africa for a couple of months

It's a male Cape Sugar Bird

camouflage ... almost too good an image for this 52's frivolity (y)

Abandoned is a good image, even though it looks sunny it shows the building of a treat. Camouflaged is a good shot, super details and sharpness

:agree: - cracking shot of the exotic bird, very colourful and sharp. Well done!

Oh Wow. That is beautiful - such lovely detail and the DoF is excellent. :clap:

Thanks everyone for your comments - internet is very slow and intermittent out here, plus I have to drive to the top of a hill to get it, so I cannot comment as i would like on other peoples images

Fantastic details in the birds Bill, like them a lot. A good find for abandoned too, it really works well, not sure if de-saturating slightly would add a bit of mood to it too (y)

Hi there Bill, Playing catch up on your thread :)

Liking old. I prefer the second crop. Great vivid colours on the post box.
Metal works well and is nicely composed. Good use of shallow DoF to make it stand out.
I like the idea for miniature but the 'look' of the image doesn't quite work for me I'm afraid.
Those birds certainly look happy with each other. Spot on for the theme and nice and bright colours.
Abandoned looks good. I like how the bark colour matches the walls.
Mother Nature certainly knows a thing or two about Camouflage. Lovely shot. Very sharp.
Great close up of the Hawk for dangerous. Again, nice and sharp (y)

Camouflage is a great shot lovely colours blends in well with the flower
Danger 2 great shots especially the cropped shot of the head.

Abandoned - great find for the theme
Camouflage - fantastic shot well done
Danger - I believe they use a hawk in Trafalgar square to keep the pigeons away. I like the close crop of the head fantastic detail of the feathers

Abandoned - Can't get much more Abandoned than that. I like the inclusion of the steps leading up between the two trees.

Camouflage - I like how the yellow on the tail mimics the shape of the flower.

Danger - Lovely looking bird, close up shot for me.

Back