weekly blakester's 52 for 2012, Week 52 "Busy (Beach Party)" Post 1215 FINISHED

Oh Iain I hate you! All four shots for leave are superb:clap: I like the DOF in number 1, the contrast in colour and detail in number two, the splash of orange from the pebbles in number 3 and the detail in number 4! If I had to choose a face it would be number two for me!

Random is good too. I agree about it looking like a finger print. It also has a slight cartoon effect to it(y)

'Leave' - love #1, really nice interpretation.
'Random' - very interesting angle/composition.

loving the footprints :clap: :clap:

random, love it!

Oh Iain I hate you! All four shots for leave are superb:clap: I like the DOF in number 1, the contrast in colour and detail in number two, the splash of orange from the pebbles in number 3 and the detail in number 4! If I had to choose a face it would be number two for me!

Random is good too. I agree about it looking like a finger print. It also has a slight cartoon effect to it(y)

Don't hate me Marsha :crying: ;)
Thanks for your kind comments. I am glad you like the footprints, its something of an obsession I know.
Thanks for your comments on random too, much appreciated.

'Leave' - love #1, really nice interpretation.
'Random' - very interesting angle/composition.

Cheers Gramps (y)

loving the footprints :clap: :clap:

random, love it!

Thanks to you too Summer. :)

Thanks Nick, I never saw it as a fingerprint but now you mention it, it does doesn't it? I am having that as adding to the random theme ;)

In fact your image inspired me to go on a re-take my own fingerprint as an addition to my 'random' submission, so thank you, your photograph was truly inspiring !

Sorry Iain. I can't believe how far behind I've got.

Leave: Fantastic. Just like your pebbled feet style this is amazing work.

Random: Great photograph.

I have to say, you've a great style in your work Iain. Always a pleasure to view.

In fact your image inspired me to go on a re-take my own fingerprint as an addition to my 'random' submission, so thank you, your photograph was truly inspiring !

Thanks for those most kind comments Nick, never been called inspiring before, cheers (y)

Sorry Iain. I can't believe how far behind I've got.

I have to say, you've a great style in your work Iain. Always a pleasure to view.

A big thanks to you too Robert, your comments are much appreciated.

Leave - Great set of shots. Do you carry a foot template and a bag of sand and pebbles wherever you go? :LOL:

Random - I would imagine you've done well with somewhere that doesn't have the best lighting.

Leave - Great set of shots. Do you carry a foot template and a bag of sand and pebbles wherever you go? :LOL:

Random - I would imagine you've done well with somewhere that doesn't have the best lighting.

:LOL: Thanks Peter, the foot template was made especially for the theme of leave, I took a bag of sand along to the pebble beach to take this. I may have a bag of pebbles in the boot of my car but I couldn't possibly admit that ;)

Cheers for the comments on random too, yes it was quite dull in that corridor/tunnel.

I agree with the above totally. #2 of the leave pictures for me, though they are all something special.

Great angle in random, good perspective.

Authority - love this set. conveys the message as single items or as the trio. Well thought out
Leave - Great idea for theme. When you holding a feet masterclass put my name down.
Random - Another great take and enhanced by the colours. Some brilliant grafitti down Waterloo

I agree with the above totally. #2 of the leave pictures for me, though they are all something special.

Great angle in random, good perspective.

Thanks Alex, I am so appreciative of peoples kind comments on here, I am glad you like them.

Authority - love this set. conveys the message as single items or as the trio. Well thought out
Leave - Great idea for theme. When you holding a feet masterclass put my name down.
Random - Another great take and enhanced by the colours. Some brilliant grafitti down Waterloo

Cheers John, "feet masterclass" :LOL: I think I have all but exhausted that avenue for photo opportunities, I may well move onto some other body extremity :eek:

I do like Waterloo, the grafitti is fantastic down there. I will no doubt be visiting there on a regular basis as the artists are constantly painting, and the area will change over a matter of weeks with new stuff always being created.

Hi Iain :wave:

Leave .....FANTASTIC set of images & sooo envious of your imagination :) #3 stands out as my fave , no crit on any of them just a mahoooosive :clap::clap:

Random....really like that image...great colors , angle & processing...top work mister ,as always :clap:

Hi Iain :wave:

Leave .....FANTASTIC set of images & sooo envious of your imagination :) #3 stands out as my fave , no crit on any of them just a mahoooosive :clap::clap:

Random....really like that image...great colors , angle & processing...top work mister ,as always :clap:

Thanks Lynne :D
I think my imagination has upped and went for this weeks theme but sometimes I just have to except there will be weeks like this.

Your kind and positive comments are much appreciated.

Week 22 temperature, I have struggled this week to be honest and am not really convinced by my take on the theme but this keeps me up to date. My thinking behind this was to show summer in bloom against the road sign warning of ice. Try as I might this was as interesting as I could make it. I am still in the 52, so onwards and upwards. C&C welcome as always.

I like the thinking. After all this good weather it was a pity it was taken on such a dull day. Sunshine and blue sky would have exaggerated the difference with the ice sign.

Cheers Dean, this was taken in "Banksy's Tunnel" which is an authorised graffiti area/tunnel which is under Waterloo Station. This was actually a corridor off the tunnel. The doors were open, I had a look inside and thought thats random, I will have that. I somehow found myself in this corridor :cautious: :LOL:

Well it's a great find... would be great to have a look one day :)

Hi Iain
I really like the photo, good composition, colour and focus plus your interpretation. The road sign and bushes, flowers and weeds show winter v summer and meets the theme. Unfortunately imho, taking the shot in isolation it needs blue sky, sun as outlined by Delta Skies, or at the very least shadows to make it work.

you mean, roads get slippery when it's Icy? No, surely not....(y)(y)

surprised you don't have signs saying "use lights in times of darkness"

If I am going to be ubergeek, they have the wrong sign to go with ice. It should be a snowflake.

I like the thinking. After all this good weather it was a pity it was taken on such a dull day. Sunshine and blue sky would have exaggerated the difference with the ice sign.

Thanks Peter, it was a shame about the sky, I had taken numerous detours on the route home from work searching for the sign. When I finally found one, this was the sky that greeted me.

"ICE" on a summer day - great. Ice = temperature for sure !

Cheers Mike (y)

A nice thought Iain, really want to look at a large image but it won't let me, I like the composition with the road leading the eye, the nice little fence, the placing of the 'Slow'... but something I can't put my finger on :thinking:

Don't put your finger on it Dean, this is whats known as "polishing a turd" move along, nothing to see here :D

Hi Iain
I really like the photo, good composition, colour and focus plus your interpretation. The road sign and bushes, flowers and weeds show winter v summer and meets the theme. Unfortunately imho, taking the shot in isolation it needs blue sky, sun as outlined by Delta Skies, or at the very least shadows to make it work.

Thanks John, I entirely agree with you, it does need something else, blue sky, shadows or otherwise.

you mean, roads get slippery when it's Icy? No, surely not....(y)(y)

surprised you don't have signs saying "use lights in times of darkness"

If I am going to be ubergeek, they have the wrong sign to go with ice. It should be a snowflake.

Yep, who'd a thought it, ice being slippery :D courtesy of The Ministry For Stating the Bleeding Obvious. The world we live in sadly, nanny state.

Yes it is the wrong sign Lynton but having searched all week for the chuffing thing, I was glad to get this.

I think that the others have pretty much summed it up Iain... it needs the blue sky and sunshine to really make it.. well shine :D I guess... otherwise, it's nicely composed, strong colours... and does fit the theme...

I think that the others have pretty much summed it up Iain... it needs the blue sky and sunshine to really make it.. well shine :D I guess... otherwise, it's nicely composed, strong colours... and does fit the theme...

Cheers John, I agree, a blue sky would have lifted the whole scene but not to be on the day I took this. I was going to return today as it is on my home (ish) but same skys again.

blue sky or not it still says temperature because of the sign and nicely shot too :)

I think that's a great shot for the heme. I agree not one of your most interesting photographically, but a great idea.

Maybe needs a tiny CW rotation?

I think that's a great shot for the heme. I agree not one of your most interesting photographically, but a great idea.

Maybe needs a tiny CW rotation?

Thanks Mark, I think this week will go down as "submitted on time but must try harder". I think you are spot on with the rotation but I may just leave it. Definitely one for a reshoot. Iain

'Temperature' - well it fits the theme but I feel your frustration here with this image. It can be really difficult at times, not only in time but energy, like you say your still in and hopefully enjoying it. Sometimes it all comes together and other time it doesn't and i'm speaking for my own experience there - it is still on theme so don't be too hard on yourself. :)

Nick

'Temperature' - well it fits the theme but I feel your frustration here with this image. It can be really difficult at times, not only in time but energy, like you say your still in and hopefully enjoying it. Sometimes it all comes together and other time it doesn't and i'm speaking for my own experience there - it is still on theme so don't be too hard on yourself. :)

Nick

Thanks Nick (y)
I agree entirely about it coming together sometimes and sometimes not, this can be applied to this image.

Hi Iain, I agree with others about the need for a blue sky, but nature never does what we want it too! Even so, the composition is great and it fits the theme for me.

Week 23, onwards we go.

Although your graffiti shot would have been great for abstract:bonk:

Thanks Marsha, blue sky would have been good but as you say, nature had other ideas. I am not too fussed to be honest, some weeks it just doesn't happen eh?
Yes the graffiti shot would have fitted abstract, isn't it always the way?

Thanks again, I will get around to commenting on others, I have just felt as if I've been plodding along this week, not really getting involved but I will remedy that, promise ;)

Iain,

I actually really like your Temperature image. Sure, a blue sky would have improved it, but even without that, I think it works very well. The flowers, blossoming trees and the green grass is enough to make the contradiction between the season and the Ice warning obvious to me. I think the composition is really good, too.

Iain,

I actually really like your Temperature image. Sure, a blue sky would have improved it, but even without that, I think it works very well. The flowers, blossoming trees and the green grass is enough to make the contradiction between the season and the Ice warning obvious to me. I think the composition is really good, too.

Thanks Nathalie, you're very kind :)
The flowers, blossoming trees and the green grass were all deliberate in their inclusion in the photograph to show that contradiction but feel the blue sky would have made it.
Thanks again for your positive comments. Iain

Week 23 Abstract
This theme really appeals to me so I thought I'd get in early with this one posted below. I am not sure if this will be my final submission but I will go with it for now, as there are still a few days off in this long weekend to be out shooting. C&C welcome as always.

Hi, there, don't recall seeing an Ice road sign before. Well spotted and composed, although the LH tree distracts me a bit.

Abstract, like it a lot but closer, I feel, would have made it a bit more abstract. Seems to need a slight clockwise rotation :thinking:

Cheers and looking forward to another Abstract.

Hi, there, don't recall seeing an Ice road sign before. Well spotted and composed, although the LH tree distracts me a bit.

Abstract, like it a lot but closer, I feel, would have made it a bit more abstract. Seems to need a slight clockwise rotation :thinking:

Cheers and looking forward to another Abstract.

Here you go Andy, there is a funny thing happening with the rotation, couldn't quite get the whole thing square but this is as close as I could get.

Back