weekly blakesters 52 for 2013 Finally Complete! Last 3 weeks added

wooohooo......& he's back ;)
Cracking images both...but I have a softspot for your feet :exit:so I'm going with that as my favorite...no crit cos love everything about both of them but the blue just edges it :clap:

:LOL: Thanks Lynne, I see you found the smilies then?
The feet one was my original idea but then the heart idea sprung to mind so did that too.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

Oh ps, I just came back down from Scotland last night, 400 miles and it pee'd down for about 370 of those miles :LOL:

Hey Iain :)

Cut, no pp involved to achieve the cut in the fork, it is as shot, another cheapo tesco fork bites the dust :LOL:
Superb :D

Melt - A couple of nice shots mate... I like how you have the cold shot blue and the heart red, it's that kind of though I really like about your images !!!

For me it has to be the cold feet, I like the angle of the heart shot and the shape created, but the feet with the two cubes... perfect (y)

Hey Iain :)

Superb :D

Melt - A couple of nice shots mate... I like how you have the cold shot blue and the heart red, it's that kind of though I really like about your images !!!

For me it has to be the cold feet, I like the angle of the heart shot and the shape created, but the feet with the two cubes... perfect (y)

Thanks Dean,
I bought a couple of large wall tiles, a blue and a red one for the backgrounds but I couldn't get the glycerine to stay in place on them, so I had to got to plan b, use them under the textured glass. I am pleased how they have turned out but it was a fair bit of gaffing about this afternoon, trying to get the best angles to cut reflections.

Cheers

The texture of the glass adds nicely mate, not sure they would be so effective on a smooth tile ???

What link do you use for your flickr sig ?? Mine stopped working so I had to remove it :thinking:

Thanks again Dean.
I am not sure what link it is, I will go and have a look.
I haven't changed anything for the forum switchover, the signature kept working.

I had a look at the signature Dean but can't see a way to check what the link is, it just shows the pictures :rolleyes:

Ooooh, tough to choose! Again a great idea, and both really well executed. I can't really offer much other than a hearty 'well done'! :clap:

Ooooh, tough to choose! Again a great idea, and both really well executed. I can't really offer much other than a hearty 'well done'! :clap:

Thanks Nick (y)

No probs Iain, thanks for trying :)

No worries Dean, this new forum will take a bit of getting used to, I would have known exactly where to get the link from but now :shrug:

I am going away again for the week and probably won't be able to upload anything I get for this weeks theme but hopefully things should settle down after that.

Sorry to be a bit slow in getting here Iain. Can't say much more than they are both top notch, I like the heart best. (y)

Working again or some pleasure for a change ???

Both Dean, I am at a conference for the first part of the week and then from there back up to Scotland for a photography meet with Andy, Lynne and Robbi, I can't wait for the second part of the week :D

Both Dean, I am at a conference for the first part of the week and then from there back up to Scotland for a photography meet with Andy, Lynne and Robbi, I can't wait for the second part of the week :D
I bet you can't mate, are you going to have to sneak in or do they allow exiles back in for a short spell ;)

The hours you do you need a good break from it all... Enjoy !!!

I bet you can't mate, are you going to have to sneak in or do they allow exiles back in for a short spell ;)

The hours you do you need a good break from it all... Enjoy !!!

No sneaking in required, following recent events, I have been up and down that road so many times, I think my car could do it on autopilot :LOL:

I have just noticed too that this post is putting me ever closer to breaking the 1000 barrier of posts in my thread, that's a lot of talking:LOL:

Blimey - lot of scrolling to get here from when you actually posted the melts.... RSI in my right index finger . :LOL:

The heart for me this time, something in me head says that the melt should be coming down the page / screen / shot rather than up it.

The lines of the frosting on the glass also work well here, as well as the reflection of the cube in the puddle.

Back on top form Iain. (y) (not that you were ever "that" far off it tbh!!) :LOL:

Blimey - lot of scrolling to get here from when you actually posted the melts.... RSI in my right index finger . :LOL:

The heart for me this time, something in me head says that the melt should be coming down the page / screen / shot rather than up it.

The lines of the frosting on the glass also work well here, as well as the reflection of the cube in the puddle.

Back on top form Iain. (y) (not that you were ever "that" far off it tbh!!) :LOL:

:LOL: Thanks Graham, yes there's been a lot of chat.

The feet pointing downwards didn't really look right to me but I understand what youare saying about the composition and the melt should be going down.

Cheers on the further comments, this 52 can be a bit of a roller coaster at times.

Week 44 - Left
I am afraid I resorted to my default subject for this one, therefore please move along, nothing to see here.
It keeps me up to date, thats as much as I can say about this.

Best Foot Forward
by iain blake, on Flickr

Hi Iain

Reflection - #1 I like the for sale sign and the calm of the shot but a bit too much water for my taste
#2 would be my choice - clipping of mast has been mentioned but good comp and b&w works well and better than #1. In both of them the sky has let you down.

Melt - 2 cracking shots. #1 has a lot bright impact and detail but #2 for me as it meets the theme in terms of the melting of the ice and the heart - brilliant idea. not such a big impact as #1 tho.

Left - your default is better than many. Lovely colour and detail. My only crit is that i wold have chosen a darker colour for the big toe and the crop is a bit small - tho I see why you chose it.

Hi, Iain, Left, lovely textures and i like how the lichen :thinking: adds to the footsteps.

Interesting crop...I've seen something similar recently :)

I can see what Alan's saying about the big toe, but overall a minor issue.

Cheers and I wonder how long the foot you left at the wigwam site will be there.

Hi Iain
I do like left, as said above your default is better than many
The colour of the stone and lichen is excellent :clap:

I am with Alan on the toe colour issue though, it takes a bit of finding and with this being such a simple (in terms of composition) image I would think it would be better a bit darker.

It's a minor point though. It's still lovely. Clever bugger!

Hi Iain

Reflection - #1 I like the for sale sign and the calm of the shot but a bit too much water for my taste
#2 would be my choice - clipping of mast has been mentioned but good comp and b&w works well and better than #1. In both of them the sky has let you down.

Melt - 2 cracking shots. #1 has a lot bright impact and detail but #2 for me as it meets the theme in terms of the melting of the ice and the heart - brilliant idea. not such a big impact as #1 tho.

Left - your default is better than many. Lovely colour and detail. My only crit is that i wold have chosen a darker colour for the big toe and the crop is a bit small - tho I see why you chose it.

Hi Alan,
Reflection, you are spot on with your observations/comments, the sky wasn't playing that day which didn't help.

Melt, the feet win it for me too, but then I would say that :LOL:

Left, again, agree with your comments. The choice of pebbles were a bit thin on the ground, I had to go with what was there but I do get what your saying.

Hi, Iain, Left, lovely textures and i like how the lichen :thinking: adds to the footsteps.

Interesting crop...I've seen something similar recently :)

I can see what Alan's saying about the big toe, but overall a minor issue.

Cheers and I wonder how long the foot you left at the wigwam site will be there.

:LOL: Cheers Andy, yes that was where I got my crop inspiration from, I think it suited the composition.

Yes, I hope it the foot stays a while at the wigwams.

Hi Iain
I do like left, as said above your default is better than many
The colour of the stone and lichen is excellent :clap:

Thanks Allan(y)
I really didn't want to go with my default image but had no choice, it keeps me up to date.

I am with Alan on the toe colour issue though, it takes a bit of finding and with this being such a simple (in terms of composition) image I would think it would be better a bit darker.

It's a minor point though. It's still lovely. Clever bugger!

Thanks Brian,
Please see above excuses reason for the colour of the big toe:LOL:

Week 45 - Food
This one requires the image title to be on theme. It was one of those weeks where I was thinking through phrases and thought of the Shakespeare quote "If music be the food of love, play on"
I appreciate it needs a crowbar to get it into theme but hey ho :LOL:

C&C welcome as always.

Food (of Love)
by iain blake, on Flickr

Hi Iain
No crowbar needed if Shakespeare isn't acceptable then what is :)
interesting shape you have made, works well with the lines of the music and really emphasises the curve of the paper

Hi Iain
No crowbar needed if Shakespeare isn't acceptable then what is :)
interesting shape you have made, works well with the lines of the music and really emphasises the curve of the paper

Thanks Allan,
I just thought that if someone had looked at the photograph, they'd think "What has that got to do with food"

I am glad you think it works on theme (y)

Howdy mister :wave:

Left....oh , if only my default shots were as cracking as yours ...the detail & color of the lichen is excellent , like the foot at the bottom of the shot as your eye gets lead to the top by the lichen......:clap:

Food....saw this on flickr n wondered about it , liked it but brain not sufficiently in gear to make the connection...your word flicked the switch...no crowbar needed just some lateral thinking :) Lovely shape to the sheet , great use of DOF , quite like the 2 tone bg( think plain white might have been overkill),only little niggle are the 2 very bright areas - one to either side , but as I have no idea on lighting it's still a million times better than I could have done.....

Top work as always Iain , good to see you again & looking forward to Norfolk now :D

Howdy mister :wave:

Left....oh , if only my default shots were as cracking as yours ...the detail & color of the lichen is excellent , like the foot at the bottom of the shot as your eye gets lead to the top by the lichen......:clap:

Food....saw this on flickr n wondered about it , liked it but brain not sufficiently in gear to make the connection...your word flicked the switch...no crowbar needed just some lateral thinking :) Lovely shape to the sheet , great use of DOF , quite like the 2 tone bg( think plain white might have been overkill),only little niggle are the 2 very bright areas - one to either side , but as I have no idea on lighting it's still a million times better than I could have done.....

Top work as always Iain , good to see you again & looking forward to Norfolk now :D

Hi Lynne,
Thanks for looking in commenting :)
For left, it was the lichen that attracted me to the composition, I just had to find the pebbles to make the foot. Andy mentioned the crop, this was inspired by the print in the cafe in Glencoe, i thought this subject made an ideal candidate for that very crop.

Your reaction was more of what I expected from others viewing this Lynne, food doesn't spring to mind when viewing it. The background was all white, I think the light fall off is responsible for the two tone effect. As for the bright areas, you are spot on with your observations, I used a reflector behind and above the paper with a flash to the front, this combination has caused these hot spots I believe.

Yes, it was good to see you too Lynne, always a pleasure. i too am looking forward to Norfolk.

Week 46 - Art
Something of a default for me again this week but with a bit of a change to construction materials :D

C&C welcome as always.

(Paper)Clipart
by iain blake, on Flickr

Hi Iain, you must have the patience of a saint to build these things
nicely processed all that shiny metal can't be good for reflections etc
and a nice touch having him seated on the box (y)

Hi Iain, you must have the patience of a saint to build these things
nicely processed all that shiny metal can't be good for reflections etc
and a nice touch having him seated on the box (y)

Thanks Allan,

He very nearly never made it to completion, it was quite frustrating building the figure as the paper clips are just pushed together and kept falling apart. Needless to say it isn't very robust, hence the box to hold him up:LOL:

You must have infinite patience for these artistic creations.

You look to have good even light as well.

Cheers Mark (y)
I suppose I do have a lot of patience when it comes to this. I really enjoy the process of creating something from imagination.
In this case, it was flash lighting and a silver reflector, played around with angles until I got something I was happy with to minimise shadows.

Back