weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

HI Lynne

Rich - nicely posed models and lighting but not your best:thinking:
Reshoot - linear - top shot. beautifully abstract - type of shot if hung on our hall wall i would look at every time i passed by.(y)
Skill - well handled. On theme. I thought it not as god as some of your other motox shots and then I read what graham @overbez had written re the height.
Half - Skill as well?:clap: Having now seen your explanation and the comments of Graham , I might have a go at something similar :eek: But don't hold your breath

Eeeek, missed a few here :(

Rich, well composed and the hands really make a good photograph a cracker. Nice subtle shadow. Their LHS looks a little bright.

Line reshoot. Like it. Not easy to get these right but you've done well to get a high key look. I think it would be a bit cleaner if the two lower sheets weren't there, IYSWIM.

Skill indeed. I did think a slight crop but you might loose some of the mud from the wheels. Looks a little under exposed.

Half, nice. Not done one of these and it looks fun. The colours really pop and the processing has been done really well. I'd like to see the parts a little closer together.

Cheers.

HI Lynne

Rich - nicely posed models and lighting but not your best:thinking:
Reshoot - linear - top shot. beautifully abstract - type of shot if hung on our hall wall i would look at every time i passed by.(y)
Skill - well handled. On theme. I thought it not as god as some of your other motox shots and then I read what graham @overbez had written re the height.
Half - Skill as well?:clap: Having now seen your explanation and the comments of Graham , I might have a go at something similar :eek: But don't hold your breath

Thanks for the catch up Alan....photoshop messing can become addicitve.....I wait with baited breath for your submission (y)

Eeeek, missed a few here :(

Rich, well composed and the hands really make a good photograph a cracker. Nice subtle shadow. Their LHS looks a little bright.

Line reshoot. Like it. Not easy to get these right but you've done well to get a high key look. I think it would be a bit cleaner if the two lower sheets weren't there, IYSWIM.

Skill indeed. I did think a slight crop but you might loose some of the mud from the wheels. Looks a little under exposed.

Half, nice. Not done one of these and it looks fun. The colours really pop and the processing has been done really well. I'd like to see the parts a little closer together.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy

yeah..see what you mean about the lower sheets in Curve/linear...reshoot week maybe ?

Skill....yup , weather was a mare,sun/cloud/sun/cloud plus I'd not been to that track before so struggling a little with where to stand for the best...heyho ..live n learn

Thanks for the catch up ,hope youhad a fab holiday.....where's the photo's :rolleyes:

Catch up time from me.....

Wk 31 was Architecture/Architectural....still trying to work out the difference o_O

Anyway , had a fun day out with Marsha ( @The goblin ) in that week & got 3 ...can't decide which I prefer . Editing was a mix of normal stuff plus some nikfx hdr which I'm rather partial too.....

#1 Think this just edges the lead for me , National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield . Always wanted to shoot these...most bizarre buildings .There's a B&W version on my flickr of this as well which I quite like :)
Wk 31 Arcitecture 1 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

#2....a little abstract from the centre of town , liked the angles & reflections....this has been flipped from vertical to horizontal simply cos I preferred it that way
Wk 31 Arcitecture 2 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

The cheese grater carpark in Sheffield ( rumour has it it's being torn down sometime soon),another building I wanted a shot of.... abstract again , love the contrast against the blue sky
Wk 31 Arcitecture 3 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Feel free to rip them apart.... :)

Last edited:
I saw these on Flickr last week and wondered when they'd arrive here.

I've never seen #1 in real life but it's a belting building. Belting sky and nice composition. They look like two aliens talking to each other :)

#2, is a nice abstract submission and the conversion works well for me.

#3, I always think these look better with a nice long exposure on the sky.

Good catchup.

(Now where's Promise :exit:) LOL, just seen it :)

Cheers.

& finally....Wk 33 Sharp....

quick shot from me...was going to resort to barbed wire but done that already this year .Wanted to add some drops of blood but not got any red food coloring & not into self harm.......:LOL:

Wk 33 Sharp jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr...edited version :)

Wk 33 Sharp a jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

The tiles are cream not white by the way& they did pick up a little of the color from the chopping board.....& yes, I know the grouting needs re-doing :D

Whew......caught up photo wise so no to get some commenting done

Cheers all :wave:

Last edited:
I saw these on Flickr last week and wondered when they'd arrive here.

I've never seen #1 in real life but it's a belting building. Belting sky and nice composition. They look like two aliens talking to each other :)

#2, is a nice abstract submission and the conversion works well for me.

#3, I always think these look better with a nice long exposure on the sky.

Good catchup.

Now where's Promise :exit:

Cheers.

It's above you :D

The 2 aliens.....what a pain.....you have never seen so many signs in one place & all in front of them....no entry, no stopping , left turn only , no parking , car park , cctv in operation, pedestrians only ...the list is endless :mad:

#3 would have been great with a long exposure but no wind....:(

Last edited:
Promise, I'd loose the rose. The ring says it all for me. The whites are nice and clean apart from a bit to the RHS of the box and just above the rose, looks a little green there and the shadow from the box has a green hue to it. Overall, on theme for me.

Sharp, cracking composition and the detail on the FG elements is super. The yellows really pop as well. I'd like the tiles to be w little whiter, is my only crit.

Good catchup.

Cheers.

Hi Lynne, really like the first and the third architecture shots, third one is a lovely composition :clap:
promise i am not sure on all the elements are there it just lacks something, or maybe its just a little too twee :thinking:
sharp I do like it apart from the BG, sharp knife and sharp lemon, nice idea.

Three great shots for Architecture. My preference is for #2 for its diagonal lines and reflections - a really striking image!

Promise - nice composition and I think the rose adds to it, but I would have removed what I assume to be the jeweller's address slip from the box lid.

Sharp - I like the composition and the texture and detail in the half a lemon. The sharp end of the knife seems just a tad oof, but maybe that's just me.

Architectural: I like all three but probably my fave is the top one. Sky looks slightly digitised but otherwise it's a fascinating shot.

Promise: lovely shot and I agree with Elaine that the rose adds rather than takes away. But I can also see why some would feel it a bit meh. Photographically it's a well taken image and the clarity & saturation are terrific, but I guess the subject is a bit overplayed.

Sharp: grrr... stole my idea. Hmph. Nice shot though and what very white pith and very yellow lemon! Good take and the only additional crit I'd offer is that it might have been stronger, compositionally, to have the top of the knife in focus, perhaps also facing towards the viewer to emphasis the sharpness?

Hi Lynne ...nice to see you back in action...the first architecture shot is great....very sci-fi I like that one, also the last one, a smashing angle against the blue sky.

Promise ...the rose or not the rose ... I'm really not sure, I certainly think the image of the ring would stand alone (without the writing in the box :)) Good choice for the theme with an enviably white background.

Sharp...it seems a tiny bit too bright...but it might be my screen...I would maybe have been tempted with a closer crop showing more of the knife blade, but a spot on choice of subject for the theme.

Hi Lynne. Some great shots. Actually like your 2nd image for architecture over the music buildings. Promise is nice and clean with no clutter and sharp too is bang on. Stay with it.

Hi Lynne
Architecture
#1 - good comp, decent sky and a very nice glow to the metal (y)
#2 - nice abstract
#3 - like the comp very much and a nice balance of colour
Promise - bit bright for my taste - would have preferred a dark b/g I think. Angle of box and the light makes the wording hard to see - if it is is in then i would prefer to be able to read it. Quite like the rose as a burst of colour.
Sharp - excellent idea with the 2 interpretations of the theme word. Again a bit bright for me. Would like to have seen the lemon framed within one of the tiles rather than cutting across the grout and the knife point staying within the bounds of the board - minot points.

SHARP ... I too thought of doing citrus fruit and a sharp knife ... even after seeing your shot Lynne, I played with lime wedges and a supposedly extra sharp knife with a white plastic-looking blade that I ended up breaking when my efforts evolved into trying to get the knife to stand up in the chopping board. :(

Your entry is good, except the lemon looks a bit sick. Nice choice of knife with flat-sided handle that lies on the board like that.

Catch up time........

Vertical - Good action shot. I can't decide whether this would have been better with a lower DoF but then you'd lose the guy in the background

Yum - Nice shot with some complimentary pastel colours and well exposed. I agree about your comment on the frosting/background

Loud - Nicely converted into mono. I like this one out of the two as you can see every detail in the gun and soldier. These WW2 weekends are great aren't they.

Rich - Good lighting on this one and fitting to the theme. Not sure of the object (speaker?) the models are sat on though

Reshoot - Super image. It's got a very minimalist and yet classy feel to it. I do like this one

Skill - Spot on sharp but with just enough feeling of motion in the wheels. I'd be tempted to crop in a little to concentrate the eye on the subject - maybe off the top and right?

Half - I keep wanting to do this type of shot during the 52 but am beaten to it again. Nicely executed with super lighting allowing shadow to ground the bananas

Architecture - Super set of three. Just for the sense of pattern I'll go for #2 but it is a close run thing

Promise - Very similar comments to Half regarding the lighting although the white balance has a hint of green towards the top of the image

Sharp - Double themed given the image has a lemon and a knife. The angle of the knife seems to have shortened the blade a bit but it would have looked strange the other way round.

Hey Lynne :)

Re-shoot Line/Linear - Not sure what you have done here... but it looks very effective... is it curled paper again :thinking:

what ever it is, really like the effect :)

Skill - Now how did we guess that you would pick this as a shot for the theme :D

What a great image, I like seeing the lumps of soil/mud in the sir, it would be a loss if you had removed them... Great detail, as you say really good to see his face too, and the slight movement in the front tyre adds a great sense of movement, super image :clap:

Half - Clever one this, again way too involved for my skill level in PS currently, I think Yr 4 of the 52 for me will involve more PS for sure (Read as I will be hounding your arse for tips all year :D)

So I will comment on what I can, a great white background, I like the way you have composed this shot too, there is just enough shadow to ground the sections of fruit and very nicely PP'd for me - Like it (y)

Promise - Again another very well composed and lit shot, the rose does seem a bit odd but guess it's part of courtship that could lead to a proposal of never ending love etc... and it does add some great colour into the shot so hey why not :D

Sharp - A nice simple idea, seems a bit too bright on my monitor (Need Damien to come calibrate it for me !!!) the way it looks on mine is that it could do with a touch more black to help definition, I do like the central look from the chopping board leading in, but the grout lines are a tad off :whistle:

Love those metalwork shapes at the Music place, beautifully done with a perfect sky to match, havent looked at the B&W but can't imagine i'd like it more that the colour... so I wont!

The other two work well enough but not a patch on the first for me.

Ring and the rose, perfectly on theme and the rose sets a scene of an engagement proposal or something else similarly soppy. Nowt to crit there. crisp, clean bright.

Lemons would be the weakest of the latest bunch I'm afraid. Think the tiles have to take a fair bit of the responsibility for that, as well as maybe the pips, and the fact that the lemon looks a tad dry?

Promise, I'd loose the rose. The ring says it all for me. The whites are nice and clean apart from a bit to the RHS of the box and just above the rose, looks a little green there and the shadow from the box has a green hue to it. Overall, on theme for me.

Sharp, cracking composition and the detail on the FG elements is super. The yellows really pop as well. I'd like the tiles to be w little whiter, is my only crit.

Good catchup.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy , I knew the rose wouldn't be to everyone's taste but I didn't want the box on it's own :p You're right about the shadows...not sure what happened there :thinking: As for those tiles....they ain't white to start with...very pale cream

Hi Lynne, really like the first and the third architecture shots, third one is a lovely composition :clap:
promise i am not sure on all the elements are there it just lacks something, or maybe its just a little too twee :thinking:
sharp I do like it apart from the BG, sharp knife and sharp lemon, nice idea.

Thanks Allan ....twee......yup , I suspect you're right :)

Three great shots for Architecture. My preference is for #2 for its diagonal lines and reflections - a really striking image!

Promise - nice composition and I think the rose adds to it, but I would have removed what I assume to be the jeweller's address slip from the box lid.

Sharp - I like the composition and the texture and detail in the half a lemon. The sharp end of the knife seems just a tad oof, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks Elaine...the writing in the box is actually on the padding as opposed to be a card inserted there so I can't remove it :( At a pinch I could have cloned it out but didn't have the energy to do it . I'll take another look at the knife ----- yup you're right , it is a bit oof...differing plane of focus at a guess - I couldn't pull back any further as the chopping board is really small , maybe I need to buy a bigger one :)

Architectural: I like all three but probably my fave is the top one. Sky looks slightly digitised but otherwise it's a fascinating shot.

Promise: lovely shot and I agree with Elaine that the rose adds rather than takes away. But I can also see why some would feel it a bit meh. Photographically it's a well taken image and the clarity & saturation are terrific, but I guess the subject is a bit overplayed.

Sharp: grrr... stole my idea. Hmph. Nice shot though and what very white pith and very yellow lemon! Good take and the only additional crit I'd offer is that it might have been stronger, compositionally, to have the top of the knife in focus, perhaps also facing towards the viewer to emphasis the sharpness?

Thanks Paul.......not sure if the Digitised effect is due to flickr as looks fine when viewed form my hard drive on my puter :thinking:

Wasn't sure where to put the knife to be fair but I wanted it to look naturally placed so handle pointing away seemed the obvious choice ? I did boost the yellow & white a smidge......

Hi Lynne ...nice to see you back in action...the first architecture shot is great....very sci-fi I like that one, also the last one, a smashing angle against the blue sky.

Promise ...the rose or not the rose ... I'm really not sure, I certainly think the image of the ring would stand alone (without the writing in the box :)) Good choice for the theme with an enviably white background.

Sharp...it seems a tiny bit too bright...but it might be my screen...I would maybe have been tempted with a closer crop showing more of the knife blade, but a spot on choice of subject for the theme.

Thanks Susie.....yeah , I think you're right I did possibly tweak the brightness a smidge too far on Sharp :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne. Some great shots. Actually like your 2nd image for architecture over the music buildings. Promise is nice and clean with no clutter and sharp too is bang on. Stay with it.

Cheers Colin (y)

Hi Lynne
Architecture
#1 - good comp, decent sky and a very nice glow to the metal (y)
#2 - nice abstract
#3 - like the comp very much and a nice balance of colour
Promise - bit bright for my taste - would have preferred a dark b/g I think. Angle of box and the light makes the wording hard to see - if it is is in then i would prefer to be able to read it. Quite like the rose as a burst of colour.
Sharp - excellent idea with the 2 interpretations of the theme word. Again a bit bright for me. Would like to have seen the lemon framed within one of the tiles rather than cutting across the grout and the knife point staying within the bounds of the board - minot points.

Cheers Alan...good point about the framing of the lemon..never even thought about that one so duly noted for the next time I do this sort of image (y) DOF was a bit of a mare on Promise....I needed the ring & rose in focus so it was a bit of a compromise.....not sure if the other side of the lid also has writing...if not I shall use that for a reshoot !

SHARP ... I too thought of doing citrus fruit and a sharp knife ... even after seeing your shot Lynne, I played with lime wedges and a supposedly extra sharp knife with a white plastic-looking blade that I ended up breaking when my efforts evolved into trying to get the knife to stand up in the chopping board. :(

Your entry is good, except the lemon looks a bit sick. Nice choice of knife with flat-sided handle that lies on the board like that.

Thanks David....lemon looks a bit "sick" ? not sure I'm getting your drift on that one.....I know I wouldn't be too happy if someone just sliced me open with a sharp knife :)

Catch up time........

Vertical - Good action shot. I can't decide whether this would have been better with a lower DoF but then you'd lose the guy in the background

Yum - Nice shot with some complimentary pastel colours and well exposed. I agree about your comment on the frosting/background

Loud - Nicely converted into mono. I like this one out of the two as you can see every detail in the gun and soldier. These WW2 weekends are great aren't they.

Rich - Good lighting on this one and fitting to the theme. Not sure of the object (speaker?) the models are sat on though

Reshoot - Super image. It's got a very minimalist and yet classy feel to it. I do like this one

Skill - Spot on sharp but with just enough feeling of motion in the wheels. I'd be tempted to crop in a little to concentrate the eye on the subject - maybe off the top and right?

Half - I keep wanting to do this type of shot during the 52 but am beaten to it again. Nicely executed with super lighting allowing shadow to ground the bananas

Architecture - Super set of three. Just for the sense of pattern I'll go for #2 but it is a close run thing

Promise - Very similar comments to Half regarding the lighting although the white balance has a hint of green towards the top of the image

Sharp - Double themed given the image has a lemon and a knife. The angle of the knife seems to have shortened the blade a bit but it would have looked strange the other way round.

Big thanks for the mega catch up Peter...really appreciated....It's hard work this year on commenting for some reason :thinking:

As for the speaker that Woody is sitting on.....really didn't have anything suitable so had to improvise:)
I was having a mare with wb in Promise....started off pink , then went blue :eek: Maybe I should have letterbox cropped it......

Hey Lynne :)

Re-shoot Line/Linear - Not sure what you have done here... but it looks very effective... is it curled paper again :thinking:

what ever it is, really like the effect :)

Skill - Now how did we guess that you would pick this as a shot for the theme :D

What a great image, I like seeing the lumps of soil/mud in the sir, it would be a loss if you had removed them... Great detail, as you say really good to see his face too, and the slight movement in the front tyre adds a great sense of movement, super image :clap:

Half - Clever one this, again way too involved for my skill level in PS currently, I think Yr 4 of the 52 for me will involve more PS for sure (Read as I will be hounding your arse for tips all year :D)

So I will comment on what I can, a great white background, I like the way you have composed this shot too, there is just enough shadow to ground the sections of fruit and very nicely PP'd for me - Like it (y)

Promise - Again another very well composed and lit shot, the rose does seem a bit odd but guess it's part of courtship that could lead to a proposal of never ending love etc... and it does add some great colour into the shot so hey why not :D

Sharp - A nice simple idea, seems a bit too bright on my monitor (Need Damien to come calibrate it for me !!!) the way it looks on mine is that it could do with a touch more black to help definition, I do like the central look from the chopping board leading in, but the grout lines are a tad off :whistle:

Cheers Matey.... grout lines are not my fault....the tiles come as a set of 4 per tile ( if that makes sense ?) with not square edges so:p

Quite happy to help with pp....but don't think I'll be much use...Gavin Hoey is the MAN...plenty on youtube , plus I have loads of cd's collected from mags over the last few years....

Love those metalwork shapes at the Music place, beautifully done with a perfect sky to match, havent looked at the B&W but can't imagine i'd like it more that the colour... so I wont!

The other two work well enough but not a patch on the first for me.

Ring and the rose, perfectly on theme and the rose sets a scene of an engagement proposal or something else similarly soppy. Nowt to crit there. crisp, clean bright.

Lemons would be the weakest of the latest bunch I'm afraid. Think the tiles have to take a fair bit of the responsibility for that, as well as maybe the pips, and the fact that the lemon looks a tad dry?

Cheers Graham...I did think about squirting the lemon with water then promptly forgot :banghead: I knda liked that the knife was sharp enough to cut through the pips :crying:

Right...week whatever it was last week.......Pure...OMG

Excuses 1st.....I spent a while wondering what the hell to shoot, was going to do orange juice then didn't buy any !3 busy days so not much time for the 52 , decided to grab a shot whilst out following my company's charity bike ride which visited every dealer that we own. So , stood in Sheffield Merc showroom waiting for the team to appear I grabbed these . I should have put the CPL on but no time , I should have dusted the brightwork but no duster .Going for an advert style image...

Wk 34 Pure 1 jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Think a CPL would have given more even color in the paintwork & helped to remove the reflections in the brightwork....I can always do a reshoot for this

Wk 34 Pure 2 Jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

same comments as above plus I should have dusted it 1st but didn't spot the dust till I got the shot on my puter screen :banghead:

Still...these shots keep me in the game...though after seeing Sparkle as the theme I'm really not convinced I wanna be here (n)

Hi Lynne, two very good product shots I am drawn to the first one really good use of colour with the red paintwork, excellent job on the reflections too,
as you say a CPL might have done a different job but i don't think it would be better, :clap::clap:

Hi, I'm with Allan. Nice reds in #1 and the composition works for me, but I prefer #2, the angle and DOF, along with the conversion nips it for me.

Cheers.

Pure - Number 2 for me. The POV seems to work so much better.
Arhcitecture - some cracking shots well done.
Promise - another well composed shot. The rose seems a bit too dominant, but everything else is technically perfect. well done.

First for me of these... loving the red, and the reflections and dust doesn;t jump out at me. Would like it completely central though.

Think I'd prefer the text at the bottom though, and possibly off to the right a bit too. (maybe).

I struggle to visualise things without seeing them, so I did it. (Can't help myself sometimes link). :)

Probbaly the same for the second too, which I also like. (Without the text being stretched).

Not major bad points, but one's that would prevent it going in an advert if I had the last word. But with time against you and tired from your ride, still worthy of a :clap:

Wow Lynne... those Pure shots are just smashing. I really, really like both and genuinely can't separate them. As Graham says, there might be some small things which if you were selling these to Mercedes they'd crit, but for us mortals they are just amazing. Wow! :clap:

Now... just two things which really bug me ;) There is a missing space after the second "." in the first and I'm not a fan of the stretched lettering on the second. However, they're very easy fixes and don't alter the quality of your photography which in both is just fab!

Both these shots are stunning shots worthy of being seen on adverts or in brochures. The saturated reds are superb as is the mono conversion on #2. Great week Lynne (y)

and I agree with Andy:

"Nice reds in #1 and the composition works for me, but I prefer #2, the angle and DOF, along with the conversion nips it for me".

:clap:

Hi Lynne, two very good product shots I am drawn to the first one really good use of colour with the red paintwork, excellent job on the reflections too,
as you say a CPL might have done a different job but i don't think it would be better, :clap::clap:

Oooh, gone down better than I thought...thanks Allan (y)

Hi, I'm with Allan. Nice reds in #1 and the composition works for me, but I prefer #2, the angle and DOF, along with the conversion nips it for me.

Cheers.

Cheers matey (y)

Pure - Number 2 for me. The POV seems to work so much better.
Arhcitecture - some cracking shots well done.
Promise - another well composed shot. The rose seems a bit too dominant, but everything else is technically perfect. well done.

Thanks for the catch up Richard (y)

First for me of these... loving the red, and the reflections and dust doesn;t jump out at me. Would like it completely central though.

Think I'd prefer the text at the bottom though, and possibly off to the right a bit too. (maybe).

I struggle to visualise things without seeing them, so I did it. (Can't help myself sometimes link). :)

Probbaly the same for the second too, which I also like. (Without the text being stretched).

Not major bad points, but one's that would prevent it going in an advert if I had the last word. But with time against you and tired from your ride, still worthy of a :clap:

Cheers Graham...have looked again & you're right....needs a smidge of the rhs in the Red one :banghead: The dust is on the mono one........:arghh: Text I'm still thinking about.....

Wow Lynne... those Pure shots are just smashing. I really, really like both and genuinely can't separate them. As Graham says, there might be some small things which if you were selling these to Mercedes they'd crit, but for us mortals they are just amazing. Wow! :clap:

Now... just two things which really bug me ;) There is a missing space after the second "." in the first and I'm not a fan of the stretched lettering on the second. However, they're very easy fixes and don't alter the quality of your photography which in both is just fab!

Yup , can't disagree with any of your comments...I spotted the extra space between the letters but forgot to re-edit it ...DOH !

Both these shots are stunning shots worthy of being seen on adverts or in brochures. The saturated reds are superb as is the mono conversion on #2. Great week Lynne (y)

Many thanks Peter ....these are deinately going to get reshot though , not quite 100% !

Hi Lynne ...well done for thinking of a very original take on the theme...agree with Peter above....super shots.

Cheers Susie :)

and I agree with Andy:

"Nice reds in #1 and the composition works for me, but I prefer #2, the angle and DOF, along with the conversion nips it for me".

:clap:

Thanks David :)

Right...quick post & be dammed for this theme.....eventually had an idea but time & my lack of cutting out skills stopped me getting the shot as I wanted it so reverted to playing in PS . I originally cut a shape out of black card, stuck in over the lens & set up some fairy lights to try & create sparkly light type bokeh.....couldn't get the exposure as I wanted it which stopped the starry shape coming through correctly . So ended up using a brush shape in ps instead ! Still not convinced this fits the theme but time, as always , is against me so PABD this week.....

Wk 35 Sparkle by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

There's plenty about it I'm not happy with but it;s better than nothing....just :whistle:

Back tomorrow to whizz round everyones threads

TTFN

Lynne x

Hi, I have to say this theme hasn't been easy. I have half day Friday and an idea in mind.

I quite like your sparkle. The romantic statue works well with the sparkling light.

Crit, well, the sparkles are nice but there are loads of brushes you can download, that may have produced better sparkles.

Anyways, have you got your camera back yet?

Cheers.

Hi Lynne, another very well executed photo. I'll be honest and assumed (before reading your commentary) that the "sparkles" were some sort of wallpaper design in the background! On that basis, I felt it fitted the theme...

Ignoring the theme for a moment, it's an image I really like. The lighting is very nice and subtle, although I can't decide whether I really like (or not) the fade to black in the bottom left & right corners. Did you have three lights on the subject or just two? Subject placement, as always with your photos, is excellent.

Does it fit the theme? Maybe... but it's a good enough photo to give it a pass regardless! :)

nice idea, well lit for the statue figureine thing, kind of agree with Andy that the sparkle brush has let you down a bit here.

I remember I had fun with the card cut-out bokeh last year. :), wierd thing I found, was that the shape didn;t show up through the viewfinder, but only once the image was taken.

But it should be dead easy to paint over these sparkles and try other ones when you have more time.

Hi, I have to say this theme hasn't been easy. I have half day Friday and an idea in mind.

I quite like your sparkle. The romantic statue works well with the sparkling light.

Crit, well, the sparkles are nice but there are loads of brushes you can download, that may have produced better sparkles.

Anyways, have you got your camera back yet?

Cheers.

Cheers Andy , yup D7000 is back...not convinced it's a 100% but time will tell ! Thanks to you I've just spent an hour down loading brushes instead of getting sorted for Beamish tomorrow :punch::D

Hi Lynne, another very well executed photo. I'll be honest and assumed (before reading your commentary) that the "sparkles" were some sort of wallpaper design in the background! On that basis, I felt it fitted the theme...

Ignoring the theme for a moment, it's an image I really like. The lighting is very nice and subtle, although I can't decide whether I really like (or not) the fade to black in the bottom left & right corners. Did you have three lights on the subject or just two? Subject placement, as always with your photos, is excellent.

Does it fit the theme? Maybe... but it's a good enough photo to give it a pass regardless! :)

Thanks Paul....no lights at all.....natural light & a bit of waving around of the reflector followed by a tweak in ps :rolleyes:

nice idea, well lit for the statue figureine thing, kind of agree with Andy that the sparkle brush has let you down a bit here.

I remember I had fun with the card cut-out bokeh last year. :), wierd thing I found, was that the shape didn;t show up through the viewfinder, but only once the image was taken.

But it should be dead easy to paint over these sparkles and try other ones when you have more time.

Cheers Graham.....I think my cutting out left a lot to be desired....on the puter they looked way worse !it's something I'm going to try again when I have more time to faff around ;)

Back