weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

Hi Lynne, nice idea for communicate though I would say that, at least i had a hand model so it wasn't as hard for me but you have done a good job, nice B+W PP (y)

I like "dark" enough light for me there, what colour that is in there is excellent great red and gold, I think it works really well as a product shot

Thanks Allan...not quite there with the Dark shot but I will try again :)

Communicate - Good thinking for the theme and a nice use of the long crop. Again converting to black and white is a nice touch which probably makes the image stronger than the original colour version

Dark - Super shot and very well exposed. Those blacks are certainly black without losing any of the detail. Big thumbs up from me.

Thanks Peter, appreciate your positives but will be a reshoot for sure :)

Hi, Communicate, couldn't you find your remote ;)

The composition, that is the placement, works well, as does the border and BG. Little tight for me, though. The shadows are a little harsh. I tried something similar but but didn't work so (y)

Dark, well composed and nice deep black BG,the gold a red really pop, but I'm not ken on having the flash up.

Nice camera, though :)

Cheers.

Not that I couldn't find....just never even gave it a thought :exit:roll on a reshoot week :D

Hi Lynne really sorry did not realise how far behind I was with your thread :(

Promise - Well composed and I quite like the addition of the rose it adds some nice colour to the image

Sharp - like it works on two levels sharp knife / sharp lemon and the yellows are fantastic

Pure - 2 wonderful shots prefer as most the 1st the reds are a winner

Sparkle - you have nailed the 3rd image perfectly love it well done and fair play to you for sticking to it until you got an image you were really happy with - I really need to start listening to the comments and doing the same only way i will learn.

Fall - leaves on the floor is nice and like the way the path leads you into the image a lovely range of colours, The waterfall as mentioned is a lovely looking scene but the bridge does overpower the water

Communicate - Fair play Lynne you have some great idea's I really like what you have done think the positioning is spot on and the border works well

Dark - another excellent shot the background is great the camera blends in great just enough light in there :clap:

Jeez.....thanks for the mega catch up Craig....much appreciated (y)

I think you're being very hard on yourself Lynne! Communicate is a really original idea for the theme and I think you've got some great strong images.
Dark - I don't know if you've cloned out the dust you mentioned, or if I've just conditioned myself not to see dust any more - anywhere :D I think the lighter patch around the shutter button adds detail and context and provides contrast to emphasise the darkness of the rest of the camera body and background :clap:

Thanks Elaine...trust me , the dust is there :D

Hi Lynne

Your work seems to get better and better!

Sparkle - the last one is great lovely composition and just the right amount of sparkle.
Fall - two cracking shots - the Waterfall is my preference and has the right amount of blur to the water. Well done.
Dark - good product shot and difficult to execute especially in a bright conservatory!

Thanks Richard.... you're way too kind but it's ok...I like it :D

Hey Lynne - Time for a catch up AGAIN :)

Pure - LOVE both of these... and I thought I had commented on them :thinking:

The coloured one is a corker, beautifully clean, great shine, no 'Lynne' reflection that stands out and liking the text
The B&W... now this is my fav of the two, ignoring the little clip and not feeling the text box works at all on this... but I just LOVE the DoF and angle of this one :clap:

Sparkle - Sorry, not liking any of these, until I saw the last one, it sure looks like you were having fun though :D - the last of the three works and does have a touch/feel of class about it, nice sparkles (y)

Fall - Really liking the winding path through the trees, a lucky find with no people on it ??

The waterfall - A great image, I wish the waterfall was a bit more prominent, but hey it is framed really nicely with the foot bridge, some nice light on the water helps it shine... Like it :)

Communicate - Quite a clever thought this, I think the frame could be a bit lighter and the spacing a tad more even, other than that I think the lighting is good and some great detail !!!

Dark - Oooo the dark side for sure !!! The light button is fine for me, over all the lighting is very nice, I would like a bit more space to the bottom and a slight straighten to get the Nikon level ?? other than that the detail in the lese and body is great, also liking the red and gold splashes of colour (y)

Thanks Dean for the mega catch up - time don't half fly & keeping up with comments is a mare !

With the Pure shots I was trying to get the same text a the AMG was written in...that'll be a fail then :D

Sparkle...yup , It may take me a few goes but I agree...last is best

Fall...genuinely weren't any folks on the path..a few people about but timed it just right ...my cloning skills ain't that good :D

& yes..NIKON is on the squiff :banghead:

Communicate... like the idea and the simplistic tones make it easy on the eye...
Dark... as said before the flash up sort of takes away from it but I like the idea... :plus1:

Thanks Colin

..still thinking abut the flash :thinking:

Communicate - an excellent idea for the theme I love it :clap::clap:.

Dark - certainly fits the theme and looks like a good product shot.

Cheers for popping in Mandy (y)

Right...thought I best get a wriggle in before I fall 3 weeks behind !

Wk 39.......Big......not really inspired but think that's more to do with being knackered than the theme ! I knew Woody was going to make an appearance just not sure how or where.....thinking cap on & came up with this........ I'll leave it you guy's n gal's to get the connection to the theme

Wk 39 Big by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

I'm not totally happy with the background but it was a bit of a rush shot this afternoon , used 3 shots to get both his arms in focus ,natural light & a fair old fiddle in photoshop BUT I did actually manage to use layer asks correctly for a change so I am learning :rolleyes:

Last edited:
& my one & only thought for CUT...other than slicing my hand open with a knife which I felt was maybe taking dedication to the cause a touch too far :jawdrop:

To be honest it was kinda inspired by @posiview ...saw his shot for this week & thought , hmmmmm....pp it is then :D

Wk 40 Cut by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Spent a while playing with fx as I wanted a bevel on the outer & top edges of the top of the flower & bottom & outer edges of the lower part of the flower....how frustrating was that :banghead: Got the bevel where I wanted it on one of the sections but when I tried to do the next section it moved the original one...... can someone enlighten me as to what I was doing wrong please :kiss: ( my idea was to make it look like a set of 4 prints ) I learnt how to use the Rule & slice tool so , according to photoshop the original image was split EXACTLY in to 4 equal pieces......maybe the original wasn't 100% square cos I swear it's not cut the centre of the flower exactly in the middle ! However , for a 1st attempt I'm quite pleased ;)

Last edited:
Big - Damn you really are good at these white backgrounds, still you have a nice shadow grounding the apple, all is well lit as usual too - Super shot (y)

(Oh no... woody with a stalk in his arms, oh dear I wish that hadn't popped in my mind)

Cut - Clever, again a great clean background, the red flower although looking very delicate stands out a treat, the square crop, the even spacing of the cut image and the colour coded sig round it off nice - Like it :)

Big - Damn you really are good at these white backgrounds, still you have a nice shadow grounding the apple, all is well lit as usual too - Super shot (y)

(Oh no... woody with a stalk in his arms, oh dear I wish that hadn't popped in my mind)

Cut - Clever, again a great clean background, the red flower although looking very delicate stands out a treat, the square crop, the even spacing of the cut image and the colour coded sig round it off nice - Like it :)

lol......I never gave that a thought till I posted on here & by that time it was too late.......:wideyed::wideyed:....he's supposed to sliding down the stalk , ya mucky beggar:LOL:

Big - composition spot on, lovely clear white background stunning work.

Cut - again another great take for the theme, clear background again lovely work nothing to crit.

Thanks Mandy (y)

Hiya Lynne :wave:

Again, very clever PP work on both images (y) Detail is great, lighting and the slight shadow under the apple is spot on (y).......:thinking:....not sure why your not happy with the bg........the apple being nicely grounded with the slight shadow (y)

Liking you image for cut (y), but wouldn't know where to start so no advice from me :)

Lovely Lynne,

Really like both of those.
And the white backgrounds look perfect to me too - I'm not on the best monitor at the moment, but really can't see any flaws in either of them.
As said, really nice shadow under the apple to give it some sort of base to sit on rather than appearing to float in mid air and lovely delicate feel to the flower.

(y) for both of them.

....he's supposed to sliding down the stalk , ya mucky beggar:LOL:

I'm not sure that telling us he's supposed to be sliding down it actually makes that any better! :LOL:

Hi Lynne, as above crit Lynne perfect BG on both, not sure what woodys up to in the first one, but otherwise nice exposure and colour and a perfect shadow
CUT i can't help you with the processing problems I have to wade through tutorials to get anywhere with PS, pic of the flower is superb great detail and great colour :clap: and the cut has worked really well in my opinion (y)

Hi Lynne two really super shots there...as already said your white backgrounds are excellent...something I really must try ... I must stop doing black !!

I love the flower ... really eye catching and very well done ...it sounds as if it was quite difficult....but certainly worth the hard work.

Big - I'm not sure I can comment after reading what DK could see in the image LOL. OMG. hits the theme for the obvious big apple.

Cut - I like the idea for this. The real winner though is stark white background and the sharp main image with some really super colours. Lovely

Ha ha, big apple - a clever and original take on the theme and well executed.

Cut - lovely delicate flower, I love the translucence of the outer petals. The cut does look a bit high in the centre of the flower, but the lower petals are a little shorter than the top ones, so I reckon you've got it spot on for the image as a whole. That's the problem with nature - nothing's ever symmetrical :(

Yay - a mini woody. Your aim for this year is coming along amazingly well. You had to shoot both woodys arems seperately to get the reguired DOF? So we're focus stacking now as well. Go Lynne. :D

And the cut flower is agains a nice novel bright colourful take on the theme....

Not completely sure where you were at with the fx and the bevel Q. Only suggestion might be along the lines that the layer fx is applied to the individual layer, so (I guess) you would need to make each quarter be on it's own layer, and then apply the layer fx to each layer as required. (Not used them greatly myself though).

Fall: two very lovely, agreeable, colourful scenes (y)

Communicate: unique idea
... just converted to mono using a preset in either Nik silver fx or Nik HDR fx..can't remember which one now
interesting effect. (y)

Dark
: Sexy beast ... the camera, I mean .... I like the flash up and the light reflecting in it. (y)

Big: "Damn you really are good at these white backgrounds, still you have a nice shadow grounding the apple, all is well lit as usual too - Super shot" says DK
and I agree 100%

Cut: Lovely flower ... shame you had to cut it. :exit:

Big, nice clean BG and subtle shadows. On theme but I won't say what I first thought :naughty:

Cut, lovely colours and as usual a nice clean BG with a high key feel. Crit, hmmm, I'd prefer the cross to be cut out of the flower, rather that a cut made and the sections moving apart, IYSWIM.

Good show.

Cheers.

Hi Lynne

Catch up time

Fall - #1 like the idea - just needed a wind i feel to have some leaves in falling to ground
#2 - bit green overall on my monitor but like the light that you have managed on the waterfall as a bright spot in that greeness

Communicate - good idea - cannot add to comments already made.

Dark - like that a lot - very velvety dark but still has a glow about it(y) suggestion of rim light is interesting

Big - Woody the pole dancer :rolleyes: Lovely colour of the apple and good white b/g

Cut - no crit from me, just :clap:

And some bike p*rn for you

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92478278@N04/sets/72157648214354748

Hiya Lynne :wave:

Again, very clever PP work on both images (y) Detail is great, lighting and the slight shadow under the apple is spot on (y).......:thinking:....not sure why your not happy with the bg........the apple being nicely grounded with the slight shadow (y)

Liking you image for cut (y), but wouldn't know where to start so no advice from me :)

Cheers Phil........I think I can see a darker band just below the middle of the image right across it ? Could just be my eye's of course ...

Lovely Lynne,

Really like both of those.
And the white backgrounds look perfect to me too - I'm not on the best monitor at the moment, but really can't see any flaws in either of them.
As said, really nice shadow under the apple to give it some sort of base to sit on rather than appearing to float in mid air and lovely delicate feel to the flower.

(y) for both of them.

I'm not sure that telling us he's supposed to be sliding down it actually makes that any better! :LOL:

Hi Sarah...thanks for dropping in ,much appreciated ....as for Woody....:-0......

Hi Lynne, as above crit Lynne perfect BG on both, not sure what woodys up to in the first one, but otherwise nice exposure and colour and a perfect shadow
CUT i can't help you with the processing problems I have to wade through tutorials to get anywhere with PS, pic of the flower is superb great detail and great colour :clap: and the cut has worked really well in my opinion (y)

Thanks Alan.....I've discovered that youtube has a multitde of tutorials...but can't find one for this....but then again, unless you ask exactly the correct question you don't get a good answer & I've run out of ways to phrase the question :)

Hi Lynne two really super shots there...as already said your white backgrounds are excellent...something I really must try ... I must stop doing black !!

I love the flower ... really eye catching and very well done ...it sounds as if it was quite difficult....but certainly worth the hard work.

Cheers Susie....with white backgrounds I'm finding it's easier to expose to the right...even so far as getting the blinkies to come on in the camera display then just remove any color cast :)

Ha ha, big apple - a clever and original take on the theme and well executed.

Cut - lovely delicate flower, I love the translucence of the outer petals. The cut does look a bit high in the centre of the flower, but the lower petals are a little shorter than the top ones, so I reckon you've got it spot on for the image as a whole. That's the problem with nature - nothing's ever symmetrical :(

Thanks Elaine....you're right , well spotted :) I should have cut the flower slightly lower & not gone with the option photoshop gave me.....I'll remember that next time, thanks :)

Yay - a mini woody. Your aim for this year is coming along amazingly well. You had to shoot both woodys arems seperately to get the reguired DOF? So we're focus stacking now as well. Go Lynne. :D

And the cut flower is agains a nice novel bright colourful take on the theme....

Not completely sure where you were at with the fx and the bevel Q. Only suggestion might be along the lines that the layer fx is applied to the individual layer, so (I guess) you would need to make each quarter be on it's own layer, and then apply the layer fx to each layer as required. (Not used them greatly myself though).

Cheers Graham.....so that's what focus stacking is :)
As for the fx & bevel....I opened a new page then using the ruler tool I divided the image in to 4 sections,selected one section at time with the crop tool & copied & pasted it on to the new page .This gave me 4 separate layers I think. I then applied the fx layer to each layer individually which was where the problem started ! I'd get one how I wanted it , click on another layer ,apply the fx layer & it would then move the fx layer on the 1st one I did...... I know it'a pilot error but I can't figure out how to do it...most frustrating :-(

Fall: two very lovely, agreeable, colourful scenes (y)

Communicate: unique idea

interesting effect. (y)

Dark
: Sexy beast ... the camera, I mean .... I like the flash up and the light reflecting in it. (y)

Big: "Damn you really are good at these white backgrounds, still you have a nice shadow grounding the apple, all is well lit as usual too - Super shot" says DK
and I agree 100%

Cut: Lovely flower ... shame you had to cut it. :exit:

Cheers David....white backgrounds are much easier I find than black....& I'd love to put a smilie in for your flower comment but currently they are MIA ...

Big, nice clean BG and subtle shadows. On theme but I won't say what I first thought :naughty:

Cut, lovely colours and as usual a nice clean BG with a high key feel. Crit, hmmm, I'd prefer the cross to be cut out of the flower, rather that a cut made and the sections moving apart, IYSWIM.

Good show.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy.....:) can you explain or show me what you mean by Cut out of the flower...having a blonde moment & not got the foggiest what you mean ......

Hi Lynne

Catch up time

Fall - #1 like the idea - just needed a wind i feel to have some leaves in falling to ground
#2 - bit green overall on my monitor but like the light that you have managed on the waterfall as a bright spot in that greeness

Communicate - good idea - cannot add to comments already made.

Dark - like that a lot - very velvety dark but still has a glow about it(y) suggestion of rim light is interesting

Big - Woody the pole dancer :rolleyes: Lovely colour of the apple and good white b/g

Cut - no crit from me, just :clap:

And some bike p*rn for you

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92478278@N04/sets/72157648214354748

Ohh......bet they take some cleaning....awesome brutes they are :)

Yup , the waterfall area was a bit green to say the least , I've pulled that saturation back a bit as it was a little over powering !

Pole dancer.....tea/keyboard interface :)

Hey ho...week 41 & decided to keep it simple......actually , it's a bt of a op-out as I've spent the last 2 days walking up hill & down dale doing some landscape stuff & I'm aching in places I didn't know I had :) Was worth every ache though...saw my 1st ever cloud inversion....totally awesome !

I was going to get all arty & flip it on it's head & create a shadow but energy failed me so left it as shot...

Wk 41 Balance by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, pebbles, ain't seen pebbles for a while. On theme and I like the fact there is plenty of space around the pebbles.

Light on BG looks a little uneven, there's a white strip upper left and a little black spot on the LHS of the second from top pebble.

That said, after 2 days of climbing you're forgiven ;)

Where ya been?

Cheers.

Sounds like you had a great walk... link to the pics ???

Balance - Nice one, a nice stack you have there, the background looks fine on my lappy, the definition between it and the stones is a bit low in places, but have no idea if that could be helped or not, still a nice shadow at the bottom, so all in all a nice shot (y)

Hi, pebbles, ain't seen pebbles for a while. On theme and I like the fact there is plenty of space around the pebbles.

Light on BG looks a little uneven, there's a white strip upper left and a little black spot on the LHS of the second from top pebble.

That said, after 2 days of climbing you're forgiven ;)

Where ya been?

Cheers.

Oh bugger it ! Did a slight crop when saving as jpeg & didn't spot that......when the forum starts working properly I'll up load the edited version :) The black spot on the pebble is actually part of the pebble so didn't want to change that .The uneven lighting.....rush job...nuff said ...would post a crying smilie but they're MIA !

Spent saturday exploring the woods around Chatsworth...never been before & it's all uphill.....must have walked about 6 miles , uphill , downhill , round in circles( no sense of direction as you know ! ) but found a couple of really good new spots.....definately going back again.....maybe a sot for a mini meet if anyone fancies it ?
Then spent today climbing up & down & up & down again at Mam Tor....my 1st ever cloud inversion...awesome, amazing ,incredible :)

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a great walk... link to the pics ???

Balance - Nice one, a nice stack you have there, the background looks fine on my lappy, the definition between it and the stones is a bit low in places, but have no idea if that could be helped or not, still a nice shadow at the bottom, so all in all a nice shot (y)

Cheers Dean.......not looked at the photo's on my computer yet....want to hold on to the belief in my head for a few days at least , that they are as awesome as the last 2 day's have been...:D

Back